Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6.5 Electric Door Mirrors

If possible i prefare an email address does he have one pls? Thanks

I just found out using a mondy ford wiki that to make the powerfold close with the key you need to route a wire to the GEM also.

I am not 100% sure about this since when programing the GEM for the remote control (the problems I had) there was one function for powerfolding mirrors. All I need to check is if the loom is correct for powerfolds or not. If yes I have a hunch that the wiring to the GEM is already done but rather you need to program the GEM to activate this function. If this does not work ill attempt routing another wire (might actually have it routed immediatly just not attached until I try it

My mate still has not found time to see the powerfold pdf you sent me but he said he might be attempted to help me try it. I did not tell him how complicated it is so I bet he is in for a shock xD

Thanks

My friend told me it is too much of a hassle to do the powerfolds. He said if need be we will make it but if the mirrors cause problems then it is not worth it.

Probably ill be doing the electric conversion only.

I removed the door panel and I need the door looms also :( lol

Going to start buying the parts. maybe that guy will provide most of them without alot of shipping :)

Another question i just need the door looms no other looms right?

Hi mate sorry for the delay on replying, been a hectic weekend,

That's unlucky that your wiring loom hasn't got the plugs for the mirrors :-(

I would say the price and trouble wiring in the powerfolds is a bit much that's why I decided against it, so let's hope mr loom guy has all the parat you need, might be worth buying 2nd hand mirrors off him too(as they will be oem parts) where the ones you were going to buy would have been non genuine ford parts. So if you have decided just to fit non folding, then your shopping list is:

Both mirrors(obviously) :-p (you do know that there are two different shape mirrors that were standard on the mk 6.5)? It's the ST ZS ones you want :-)

Inner door loom(osf&nsf) (the only looms req)

Interior mirror cover (left&right)

Standard mirror switch

Possible fuses(if not in place)

I found these at a good price. Was slightly afraid of buying 2nd hand mirrors tbh

http://bit.ly/19CxQA7

Sent a message on eBay for the other parts to that guy for loom panels and switch no reply yet :(

I'm sure they are decent mirrors, but I was the opposite to you, I was more worried about buying non oem parts and opted to buy second hand..... Both my mirrors cost me less than £50 for the pair :-D

That guy you emailed is a business seller so you will probably not get a reply until tomorrow morning :-)

Yes but 2nd hand i am afraid the body would be damaged.

Hope he talks to me tomorrow cant wait to swap them out xD

9 times out of 10 they will be like new.... And as long as they are listed as perfect working order or condition you will be fine, but it's really up to you, what ever you feel better for you, I guess you have to take into account that if you buy from the uk while you are not then return shipping for faulty items would be a nightmare.

Yes I know how you feel I got a bit impatient once my parts were on order lol

Hi

Found a guy selling parts from an ST. Asked him for quote for interior paneling, door loom and switch.

Gonna see who quotes the cheepest price :) If I manage to keep to the budget and i get a hand on a powerfolding loom I might consider doing the powerfolds after all but I need to keep to my budget :)

Good stuff mate but remember that the door loom off an ST won't fit your car as yours is a 5 door and the ST is a 3 door, the interior cover trim and switch will be ok though :-)

Have not uet received from the guys about the loom... Hope he contacts me back. Maybe i should msg him on his other account?

Maybe you should try calling him.... I know it'll cost a bit for the call but at least you will know if he is willing to post them to you? Or if you want I could try calling him for you?

Well is the call expensive in the uk? If you could i would greatly appreciate ill pm you my details for shipping quote

Messaged 2 ppl on eBay about the mirrors but no reply yet... messaged them in the morning. Usually i get instant reply from UK based seller, wonder whats up :( Trying to arrange with them to package both mirrors as one so might remove some of the postage cost....

Tried

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290299647237?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

and

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-LH-05-08-DOOR-WING-MIRROR-ELEC-HEAT-CVX-PRM-/400411485221?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

I think they are fairly priced.

Also it is slightly not worth getting them directly from ford parts uk since shipping would be the price of one mirror..... lol

Hopefully one if them will get back to you sometime tomorrow, if not let me know and I'll try and contact one of them for you, (the 2nd link is based like 20miles away from my home lol) failing that maybe the loom guy will post everything together?

If anyone's interested I have a set of power folding mirrors (no back covers) up for grabs :)

Are they new? Whats the price including shipping to Malta. I mostly wanted non powerfolds because it is less complicated to fit but ill reconsider XD

Are they new? Whats the price including shipping to Malta. I mostly wanted non powerfolds because it is less complicated to fit but ill reconsider XD

They were on the car for 8 months :) with the plug being the same as the standard electric mirrors but with 2 extra wires so can be used as electric ones until you want to get the power fold part working (like I did)

Not sure on postage cost would have to look unless you can find one to collect them :)

Taking offers on the mirrors

Yeh i now what need to be done for the powerfold to work. Could you check on postage how much royal mail would cost? Any ideas on the weight of the mirrors?

Can you post me a pic of the mirrors pls. Also did your relay for the powerfold mirror come with the car or did you add it later?

Thanks

Ill pm you an offer

Here are the pics

I fitted them to the fiesta but never got around to fitting the relay to get them to fold :(

post-44278-0-30452400-1381945256_thumb.jpost-44278-0-37262300-1381945258_thumb.jpost-44278-0-89951800-1381945259_thumb.jpost-44278-0-42629500-1381945261_thumb.j

• 7 years later...

i want to do the oppersite and replace a broken electric folding drivers side mirror for a manual one [mk6 fiesta] june 2008

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club