Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 Galaxy Air Con Doesn't Turn On

Fallguy

When I press the air con on/off button the digital display changes from off to on but the air con does not actually turn on. My trusted local garage has serviced the system and it is fully gassed but they cant work out why the system is not operating. No error codes are coming up. They are going to obtain the wiring diagram for the system and then want the car back to start trying to trace the fault. Any ideas?

Could be the pump not engaging.

Thanks Stoney. Its going in for two days next week to try and trace the fault. I'll mention this to him. The air con has always been a weak point on this car.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Stoney. Its going in for two days next week to try and trace the fault. I'll mention this to him. The air con has always been a weak point on this car.

The garage have found no faults - althought they have apparently contacted Ford and thay have said that the air con system does not function if the outside temp is below 10 degrees C. I have found reference elsewhere that it does not function if below 4 degrees C! I guess I will have to wait for a warmer day to check if this is right. My garage have always advised me to operate the air con regularly during the winter to keep it functioning properly and they weren't aware there was a minimum operating temperature.