Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Resale - Ford Service Vs Indie Service?

Peange

Resale - Ford service vs Indie service  

5 members have voted

1. 1. If you were to buy a second hand car privately, what kind of history would you look for?

• Ford service
    • Indie service
    • Doesn't matter as long as there's a stamp
    • Receipts of parts from diy service is fine
    • Service history doesn't matter

Hi guys,

Due a service soonish and wanted your thoughts on where I should get it done.

If it makes a difference the car is a '58 plate with just under 28k on the clock (probably around 30k when it'll get done). Last service was at 22k when I bought it.

Thanks,

Scott

I use Ford because I have a service plan with them, so it works out cheaper for me and no unexpected costs...

Ahh should have thought of that. Mine wasn't from a Ford dealer and was second hand so didn't have that option.

In that case, if you were to buy a second hand car privately, what kind of history would you look for?

you dont have to buy the car from the dealer that you want the service plan with.

I bought my car from an indie then contacted the local dealer for their service plan.

http://www.ford.co.uk/BuyingandprotectingyourFord/ServiceandMaintenancePlans/MonthlyPaymentPlans

You may need to make sure you have a local dealer who is signed up to it though...

I personally dont mind the seller showing reciepts etc as proof of service, you can usually tell if they are knowledgable quite quickly but thats more for normal cars or ones you dont mind getting stuck into working on.

If i was buying a 2 year old M3 then id probably look for dealer service.