Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello And This Would Be A Big Change...

The Dark Knight

Good evening and please bear with me whilst I reel all this off lol.

I am off to Matlock Ford in the morning to test drive their demo 1.0 EcoBoost 90ps Fiesta (don't know what the spec is).

If I decide to purchase, I want a Titanium X, either nautical blue or
silver and in 3 door. Matlock Ford have an on the road price of £13,675
which is by far the best price in my area at least and I have been happy
with purchases from Matlock in the past.

The reason I say it would be a big change is because my current vehicle
(with outstanding finance) is a 60 plate Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto.
Having been used to such winter abilities, I would purchase winter tyres
for the fez before next winter!

The reason I am making such a change is a combination of all round costs
with the car, saving for a big holiday in California and Vegas next
year for my 30th and Uni fees.

I am very near to the end of my part time law degree at Derby Uni (still
clearing the bills) and will be starting the Legal Practice Course in
September for 2 years. My aim is to become a solicitor so I am thinking
buy something cheaper to run now and have something big and flashy in a
few years time fingers crossed!

Anyone got any opinions on the 90ps or 125ps Ecoboost Fez? I know it
won't hit 65mpg that Ford claim but Car magazine only got 37mpg! Still
beats 28mpg now though lol!

Good evening and please bear with me whilst I reel all this off lol.

I am off to Matlock Ford in the morning to test drive their demo 1.0 EcoBoost 90ps Fiesta (don't know what the spec is).

If I decide to purchase, I want a Titanium X, either nautical blue or

silver and in 3 door. Matlock Ford have an on the road price of £13,675

which is by far the best price in my area at least and I have been happy

with purchases from Matlock in the past.

The reason I say it would be a big change is because my current vehicle

(with outstanding finance) is a 60 plate Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto.

Having been used to such winter abilities, I would purchase winter tyres

for the fez before next winter!

The reason I am making such a change is a combination of all round costs

with the car, saving for a big holiday in California and Vegas next

year for my 30th and Uni fees.

I am very near to the end of my part time law degree at Derby Uni (still

clearing the bills) and will be starting the Legal Practice Course in

September for 2 years. My aim is to become a solicitor so I am thinking

buy something cheaper to run now and have something big and flashy in a

few years time fingers crossed!

Anyone got any opinions on the 90ps or 125ps Ecoboost Fez? I know it

won't hit 65mpg that Ford claim but Car magazine only got 37mpg! Still

beats 28mpg now though lol!

Hey there and welcome to the forum and good luck with the degree!

I have a 2009 1.4 TDCi and I'm getting nearly 50 MPG regularly and FINALLY got cheapish insurance so I would say a diesel would be more of a better buy for you but that's just my opinion :P

Well, had a test drive of the 99ps ecoboost and it was quite nice indeed. Titanium X monthly payments would be less than what I am paying now but not low enough for my liking. Titanium no better really. I have now been looking at a red Zetec-S which is much more affordable and still plenty of extras on plus its the 125ps engine.

It would be factory order for late April or early May delivery. Hmm.....

Hi and welcome to the Forums

Now I am looking at a Zetec in silver with some optional extras including privacy glass and 16" alloys!

Hi and welcome!

Nice Freelander by the way, my dad has an SD4 hse auto and its an immense bit of kit. Winter tyres are definitely a good call now that you wont have your terrain response for the snow :rolleyes:

If the zetec saves you money from a zetec s - see if you can get the bodykit option if you still want the looks!

There is some debate on whether the (on paper) "higher power" versions of the same engine is actually better on the road, and the lower powered version being better due to the torquer engine - worth checking this out

Just had my quote from Sainsburys Insurance who I am currently with. £95 refund would be given and £38 per month as opposed to £56 at the mo. Very pleased with that quote.

I like the cover I have with Sainsburys. Fully comp, 4 years protected NCB, lost key cover and uninsured driver protection. An order is looking likely. Also priced up a set of Hankook Winter Tyres what get excellent reviews and they would be £397 inc fitting. Will worry about those in October though!

You can always buy your winter tyres in the summer, they are cheaper because demand is lower.

The cheapest tyre site i have found so far is wwww.reifen-schreiber.de

. Also priced up a set of Hankook Winter Tyres what get excellent reviews and they would be £397 inc fitting. Will worry about those in October though!

That sounds very expensive. 3 years ago I got a set of Continental winter tyres from Kwik Fit for £200. Last year I found http://www.oponeo.co.uk/ (tyres only, get fitting done locally) were the cheapest by far.

Just had a quick peek and you could get 4 winter tyres with 14" steel rim (black) for 275 gbp delivered at your door. Fitting should cost no more then 20 GBP.

I invested in a garage jack and an air compressor and switch my wheels myself. Mainly because I have to do it for three cars...twice a year, is 120 GBP every year, excluding storage costs....

iNath,

I would always buy an extra set of rims. Its not good for the tyres to be fitted on rims every 6 months. Also steel rims have no problems with all the salt and if you do lose it, slightly, steel rims are better capable of handling a small bump into the curb. An alloy would immediately crack...

Also what I would do is print out the pages from ie reifen schreiber and show it to your dealer and a local kwik fit. Maybe they will match the internet price, you never know!

iNath,

I would always buy an extra set of rims. Its not good for the tyres to be fitted on rims every 6 months. Also steel rims have no problems with all the salt and if you do lose it, slightly, steel rims are better capable of handling a small bump into the curb. An alloy would immediately crack...

Also what I would do is print out the pages from ie reifen schreiber and show it to your dealer and a local kwik fit. Maybe they will match the internet price, you never know!

I should have mentioned I did (and always have) used a spare set of steel rims. In the case of the Fiesta I managed to pick up a set of 4 for £50 from Gumtree from some lad that was upgrading to alloys ;)

Thanks for the input guys it is most appreciated. Here are some pics from the showroom:

IMG_0977_zps8a0a2230.jpg

IMG_0978_zps42bdc3c9.jpg

IMG_0979_zps751fb339.jpg

IMG_0980_zps1df1e6e7.jpg

That's a nice but of kits. I do like the face life version

I've got a blue one, vision m, red does look better. Mines a style + tho, I'd love the titanium tho

Red and white are the best Fiesta colors imo, the light blue and black are also nice though

Just been flicking through the brochure and I noticed that the Titanium and Titanium X have LED DRL's. The Zetec and Zetec-S are stated as having simply DRL's. So do these function like the LED one's but are bulbs instead then?