Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 Ecoboost

James Rosier

You'll have lots of fun driving it - it's the first car I've had for quite a while that makes me want to actually go out and drive for the sake of driving.

• 6 months later...

Hi all I'm new to all this and was wondering if someone could help. I recently bought a 2013 focus 1.0 ecoboost and noticed that it only revs to 4000rpm when parked? It revs fine when driving just wondered if this is normal or is it a problem? Thanks

just changed from a mk4 2ltr mondeo to 1ltr focus ecoboost and im sure i was getting better mpg off the mondeo.

The Ecoboost is very economical on long runs but isn't around town or mixed. See my above post from November

I did a motorway run yesterday 120 mile round trip and got 58mpg doing a little over 70 we'll pleased with it! I'm getting low 30's round town so not so good! I honestly think overall the focus st would be more economical!

CookeStar

My ZetecS has just done over 1000miles now and i'm averaging 38mpg combined. Not as economical as I thought considering my audi a3 1.6 with less power was bit better on fuel. The 56.5mpg advertised by ford was the engine on a test bed with no weight to pull. Funny how i've only just found this out after purchasing the car. If i had known I'd had have kept to my audi but the focus is nice to drive around and i'm use to the constant fuel station visits now.

Can anyone comment on whether the superchips bluefin upgrade might improve the fuel consumption??

I heard the bluefin upgrade does improve the fuel consumption, I'm in two minds whether to get it or not. Also a k&n airfilter improves fuel consumption and a little more power :) sound a little better too!

CookeStar

Spoke to remap science a bit earlier. They reckon any decent remap will improve fuel consumption but once you start putting your foot down and using that extra power then the consumption gets worse. So bottom line is with normal careful driving still then consumption will improve.

I wanted to wait till the engine has run in properly first before getting it remapped. Might get the K&N filter as you say after the first 1500mile inspection.

Yes, short shifting helps and momentum driving too, no sharp acceleration or braking, town driving is the worse, only getting 38 mpg, normally leave it on "how much in the tank" as the average mpg was depressing me lol

Ford Focus Zetec 1.0T (125 BHP), extras Zetec-S wheels and privacy glass (free from Ford), rear parking sensors, colour: Dark Micastone

Got any pics of your mica stone? Wondered what they look like.

I am getting 36 mpg done 2000 since new, 24 mile round trip from Beverley into hull and back 3 days a week. Which is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

This is a post of mine from a couple of months ago in this forum. Searching this and other forums some owners are getting a better mpg than myself.

I bought this car, Focus Titanium 125 Mk3, 1L ecoboost expecting good mpg but the best that can be achieved is about 35.

There's about 11.5k on the clock and a lot of owners say it gets better with time, not mine sadly. Wouldn't mind if I drove the car as I would like but drive it with a light right foot to try to improve the mpg. Had an 1.6 Astra, drove like bat out of hell and still got 35mpg, would improve if right foot was a bit lighter. Have spoken to dealer a couple of time who said 35 was pretty average and probably might not be bettered. With the type of driving I do "Ford intimate I should get 55mpg" Apart from this the car is cracking to drive with lots of goodies including sat nav park and hill assist, sync works well. Car is very comfortable for 4 adults and the boot is ample in size. This car would only come with a recommendation so long as mpg was not a priority.

This is a post of mine from a couple of months ago in this forum. Searching this and other forums some owners are getting a better mpg than myself.

I bought this car, Focus Titanium 125 Mk3, 1L ecoboost expecting good mpg but the best that can be achieved is about 35.

There's about 11.5k on the clock and a lot of owners say it gets better with time, not mine sadly. Wouldn't mind if I drove the car as I would like but drive it with a light right foot to try to improve the mpg. Had an 1.6 Astra, drove like bat out of hell and still got 35mpg, would improve if right foot was a bit lighter. Have spoken to dealer a couple of time who said 35 was pretty average and probably might not be bettered. With the type of driving I do "Ford intimate I should get 55mpg" Apart from this the car is cracking to drive with lots of goodies including sat nav park and hill assist, sync works well. Car is very comfortable for 4 adults and the boot is ample in size. This car would only come with a recommendation so long as mpg was not a priority.

What sort of driving are you doing? I have the same model and have also done 11k now. I'm getting back 43mpg from mine though so that's a big difference from you

Yes I was getting around 43 on mixed driving so that it a big difference. Even during a period of very short trips (shame on me for not walking to the shops) I never got as low as 35mpg. That's like a car from the 1970's

I went from hull to Manchester yesterday and sat at 75-80 there and back with the air con on and got 37mpg! My friend who was with us has a seat Leon Cupra R 1.8T 225bhp same speed and air con on got 39mpg! How the hell can ford say you get 60+ mpg on the motorway! My car has 26k on the clock and doesn't make it any different from a brand new focus IMO. I love this car too much I'm not bothered about the mpg for my next one I'm going for the st as fuel consumption won't be much difference at all only on paper!

CookeStar

One more thing to point out, this is the first ford I've ever owned and I have noticed that driving at 30mph feels very slow, the trip computer shows poor mpg but when I put petrol in it seems to last a lot longer than any other car I've had. I had a fiat punto evo 1.4 16v for my last car and that was very good on fuel. The same trip from hull to Manchester in that was averaging 52mpg but it cost me less petrol in the focus only getting 37mpg. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me lol think my trip computer was made on a Friday bank holiday weekend hahaha

CookeStar

This mpg is a mixture of "A" road and motorway driving around 600 miles per month. My daily work mileage is 5 miles either way on a clear road. When I do work mileage only the mpg drops to 31. I always fill my car to the full every time to check the m.p.g so the figures are correct. I don't think my trip computer was built on a Friday afternoon, probably the whole car.......

That doesn't sound right - the worst I ever got on short trips was 38 mpg (1.5 - 8 miles)

I agree Don but speaking to my dealership they say my m.p.g. might not be bettered by their service department. They offered to show me how to drive my car to improve consumption, take the p or what. If I drove my car like I used to drive my Vauxhall Astra I'm sure consumption would drop even lower. Still like the car though.

I agree Don but speaking to my dealership they say my m.p.g. might not be bettered by their service department. They offered to show me how to drive my car to improve consumption, take the p or what. If I drove my car like I used to drive my Vauxhall Astra I'm sure consumption would drop even lower. Still like the car though.

I agree they are taking the mick... something must be wrong if the best it will ever acheive is 38mpg

Well the Focus is a great car to drive - but has never lived up to my expectations on economy except on the long run to Switzerland.

I'm sorry others have been feeling a little short changed - the only thing to do is accept as the real driver's car it is and turn away when you fill it up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Geting 50 mpg after 2000 mark from around town trips :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 3 years later...

Hi guys I own a mk3 ford focus 1.0 ecoboost and want to upgrade my wheels from 16.to 18 now will I be able to us the tyre pressure sensor from the 18 ford focus zetec s wheels or do I have to use t.p.s from my 16 inch wheels many thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

do you have sensors in your 16 in wheels at present. how old is your focus?

I've got the 1l 125 (2013) and get 45ish-mpg on motorway run doing @ around 80mph. When only used by my wife for a few weeks of commuting round town its about 36-38mpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club