Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"taking Oval To Blue Horizon" Lenny's Build Thread 2010-2015

Lenny

Yeah lenny much obliged, those guides are like a Dummies guide for the less experienced.

Always a pint waiting for you down in London :)

:) Cheers mate,

I'll have to start traveling and drinking ;)

• Like 2

well to get to london you have to be near Kent so... remember theres a beer here for you too!

Granted I might 'accidentally' forget my wallet on the day ;) lol

• Like 3

well to get to london you have to be near Kent so... remember theres a beer here for you too!

Granted I might 'accidentally' forget my wallet on the day ;) lol

Cheers James,
  • Like 2

Lenny your links in the signature should stay mate it's easier than the search function. Good luck with the yota

• Like 2

Lenny your links in the signature should stay mate it's easier than the search function. Good luck with the yota

Calm down pal,

Just click on my picture on the left side of the thread,

It will bring you to my profile page where all my guides are linked,

And yota :lol: never heard it called that before, over here its called a "bzr" or "twin cam"

• Like 2

Purchased Snagglepuss last Thursday,

There won't be much happening the focus build thread in the future,

Perhaps a K&N57s and a set of ford aluminium pedals but that's all folks.

If anyone wishes to follow me on the new project,

Here's a link to the new build thread.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/48340-snagglepuss-build-thread-lennys-new-whip/page-2#entry296520

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Good thread, nice work! I think you should take it all off and start again ;)

• Like 1

Good thread, nice work! I think you should take it all off and start again ;)

:lol: Thanks Winko, I've enjoyed every minute of it and learned a lot in the process, if I was to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. My finances are now focused on my new project which is linked in posts above and on my signature.

All going according to plan she will be on the road mid February and I can't wait :)

Thanks for reading my build thread and leaving a comment.

Update:

The Osram Nightbreaker plus H7 bulb in the passenger side low beam has blown,

Since bulbs are supposed to be replaced in pairs; I've decided to opt for a set of Osram Cool blue intense bulbs this time,

To give them a try aswell as there more of a match for the 6000k parking bulbs, drl's and the fogs.

I'll post some pictures of them fitted when they arrive and I have them installed in the low beam.

The front passenger footwell has manifested a leak,

Rain water is entering the front passenger footwell due to believe it or not FORD

Seems its been leaking for quite some time, on investigation I've found the leak is due to the panel under the wipers not being refitted correctly after it had been removed by Ford to fit the Eibach lowering springs in May 2013

Final part of the update now and in my opinion the most heart breaking of all

At 09:17am today I have officially signed ownership of the focus over to VickiC for the purpose of insurance policy T's and C's

In Ireland we don't have "multi car insurance policy's" nor can we have the same "no claims bonus" on two seperate insurance policy's on two seperate vehicles.

As I'm putting my new project vehicle on the road next month when my current insurance policy expires,

I will be carrying my no claims bonus on to my insurance policy on the project car.

In order for Vicki to be the insurance policy holder on the focus with her own no claims bonus she must be the owner of the insured vehicle.

For the above reasons,

VickiC is now an official ford owner as of 09:17am today 03rd January 2014

Image4053_zps3mtft89v.jpg

Lenny,

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Lenny,My thoughts are with you at this difficult timeSent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks Sean,

I had considerd selling it and eh buying her somting more used to being mistreated :lol:

But then I wouldn't ever get to drive it again, and I suppose its not like she's learning to drive, this is her 3rd car and she has been driving it anyway,

Only difference now is I'm a named driver on the insurance instead of her and I can't give out if she scuffs a wheel.

Still it was hard to sign the log book :lol: a lot of time spent on that motor.

But had I kept both cars in my name and had two insurance policys I.e one on each car; I could only use my "no claims bonus" on one policy ONLY.

The way it is now; we both have our own policy's using our own "no claims bonus" saves me over 1,200 on insurance overall adding "no claims" to both

I'm looking forward to getting on with the new project though :) do it all again

im gonna drive it like i robbed it after i drop the kids to school and go crusing for some muscle wearing a pair of snickers!!!!!! wah wah wah

• Like 3

all you irish drive like you robbed them lol. from my experience anyway... and i thought london drivers were agressive.....nnnnaaahhh

• Like 1

all you irish drive like you robbed them lol. from my experience anyway... and i thought london drivers were agressive.....nnnnaaahhh

There are some A holes on the roads generally 2002-2004 Audi S4 replica's or Volvo drivers,

Im generally OK on the roads I keep to myself and don't hg the fast lane,

If I become harrased by other drivers I don't retaliate but Vicki would throw uk the fingers followed swiftly by some verbal abuse lol

Cue fairydust stickers :d

:o Nnnnnnnoooooooooo!!!

:o Nnnnnnnoooooooooo!!!

You know they're coming fella, It ain't your nail anymore. :d

• Like 1

we are all in a rush to get home to the end of the rainbow where we live with the leprecauns mart.....clive clive i thought ye knew me better im getting glitter coming out of the exhaust!!!! if ye dont give out to these people how will they learn

• Like 1

Hi lenny these ar the ones I'm on aboutpost-39671-138917969368_thumb.jpgpost-39671-138917971674_thumb.jpgpost-39671-1389179732_thumb.jpg

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Ford OC mobile app

Hi lenny these ar the ones I'm on about

Hi mate,

I don't have access to those clips because I've fitted a tripleRcomposites splitter on to the front lip,

I can't physically remove the clips, the splitter is pop rivet to the lip

The two outer clips are in your bumper already,

The only one extra is the middle one, and it comes with the front lip from ford.

The adhesive is seperate but not sold along with the clips

IMG_20130528_220154_zpsc92b3275.jpg

205252_359404317461896_1370338675_n.jpg

480326_359404404128554_859628218_n.jpg

I can use tiger seal & maybe theirs this plastic rivet still in the skirt I cant remember or had a close look ,also wrapped it up for storage for protection. Also bodyshop say can use rivet or some screw or think of something.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I can use tiger seal & maybe theirs this plastic rivet still in the skirt I cant remember or had a close look ,also wrapped it up for storage for protection. Also bodyshop say can use rivet or some screw or think of something.Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Ford OC mobile app

Rivet would be better and a stronger hold mate,

If you fit a TripleRcomposites front splitter on to the zetecS front lip;

The centre spine of the splitter has a hole in the centre of it... that hole lines up with the centre hole on the Zs front lip.

The Zs plastic clip gets removed,

Anda stainless steel M6 lock nut and bolt replace it,

The bolt goes through the splitter, lip and bumper gripping it all together.

This design of fitting also ensures the splitter is perfectly centre on the car because it has a centre spine that fits the centre slot set there by ford design.

So a metal rivet or fit a tripplercomposites front splitter

Update:

Osram Cool blue intence low beam H7 4200kelvin bulbs arrived today,

IMG_20140113_101438_zpszxvcrny_edit_1389

IMG_20140113_101448_zpstryol5r_edit_1389

Going out now to fit them,

I'll update later with some pictures

Osram cool blue intense now fitted,

The image below is cool blue on the left unit and osram night breaker plus on the right unit

IMG_20140113_102925_zps5q9pdbq_edit_1389

And again,

Cool blue intense in the left unit and nightbreaker plus in the right unit.

IMG_20140113_102515_zpsayc3dfo_edit_1389

Now with osram cool blue intense in both units

IMG_20140113_103716_zpscbeldyj_edit_1389

IMG_20140113_103707_zpsoyvk71j_edit_1389

I'm working nights this week 23:00-07:00

I'll get some night shots some night this week ;)

I like the look of the cool blue intense. It's subtle enough not to attract the wrong kind of attention and doesn't seem to be the type to blind other drivers. I particularly do not appreciate dipped lights that are aftermarket but which totally blind you if you are driving on the other side.

Looking forward to the night shots.

• Like 1

Took these pictures at 07:23 this morning

Both on the road and in lidil car park with Toyota in the background ;)

And a picture of them agents a white wall in lidil car park to show there's no yellow shining on the wall.

This is Cree H11 led fogs

T10 led parking bulbs,

Osram Dipped DRLs

And the osram cool blue intense

Image4064_zpstzg96ew_edit_1389687022789_

Image4065_zpsizpobhn_edit_1389686832362_

Image4068_zpsx4krqmj_edit_1389686940073_

Image4069_zpsgwtk9z6a.jpg

Image4066_zpsc4ngjzr_edit_1389686727678_

Image4067_zpspzzuujq_edit_1389686458340_

Image4070_zpscwqivne_edit_1389686381132_