Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"taking Oval To Blue Horizon" Lenny's Build Thread 2010-2015

Lenny

WOW! No words to express myself about your dedication!

I would be really glad if you can help me(by advices) add a rear diffuser to my current Zetec? Pretty please :)

sure no problem, im always on here helping people,

Ill be removing mine next year replacing with a more subtle ST rear bumper,

What do you need help with?

sure no problem, im always on here helping people,

Ill be removing mine next year replacing with a more subtle ST rear bumper,

What do you need help with?

I would like to fit a Zetec S Diffuser to my current Focus Zetec. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• Like 1

I would like to fit a Zetec S Diffuser to my current Focus Zetec. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

heres the Genuine ford fitting instructions for the rear diffuser:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/32649-focus-zetec-s-rear-skirt-diffuser-fitting-guide-pdf/?p=255361

They cost around 240pounds from ford thats 60 pounds more expensive than a full ST rear bumper,

I suggest searching eBay to purchase one from breakers,

Fitting then,

Purchase a tube of Tiger Seal its top quality body kit adhesive,

And a couple of rivets from B&Q or you can purchase them from ford

KGrHqJlwE9JVDGL29BPsS8sQKg60_12.jpg

Here is also a link to Genuine Fitting Instructions Focus ZetecS front lip splitter:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/32648-focus-zetec-s-front-skirt-lip-fitting-guide-pdf/

Update:

Well VickiC informed me at 9am today "BTW the focus is in for NCT today at 11am"

I was like:

6806717045_1f0b36c535_z_zpsqjonw6dz.jpg

Today?

Like 2 hours from now?

So I quickly got out the steam cleaner managed to get on my knees and give the pipes a good cleaning in preparation for emissions testing, aswell as a quick wipe down under the bonnet,

IMG_20140725_100018_zps53zbitfz.jpg

IMG_20140725_100025_zps2qzaqoot.jpg

IMG_20140725_100031_zpsqbamkzc6.jpg

IMG_20140725_100034_1_zpsjhywwumk.jpg

IMG_20140725_100043_zpslfacuhl9.jpg

IMG_20140725_100106_zpsejn3jcuv.jpg

Vicki then attempted to vacuum the interior but the poor Dyson DC04 burst in to flames lmao hope we get a Dyson for wedding present y'all :lol:

IMG_20140725_111118_zpsw7iuoc1_edit_1406

IMG_20140725_111818_zpsqotgy1m0.jpg

IMG_20140725_111814_zpsx4u3jui7.jpg

So with a performance induction filter, 2.5" cat back duplex exhaust, led fog lights and side lights, mirror tinted indicator bulbs, front and rear tinted windows,

The focus has passed its inspection 100%

• Like 2

How often do you have your mot? Is it not every year?

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

How often do you have your mot? Is it not every year?

when a car is 4 years old it gets first test,

If passed they give you a cert for 3 years,

This continues until the car is over ten years old then it must be tested every year.

Each test costs 55 Euro, retest cost 25 Euro

• Like 1

Congrats on the perfect score matey :D

As for the NCT, I am very much envious of the scheme you guys have, where we get bent over a barrel every year from 3 on!

• Like 2

Congrats on the perfect score matey :D

As for the NCT, I am very much envious of the scheme you guys have, where we get bent over a barrel every year from 3 on!

you guys get cheaper road tax though,

NCT sent my Levin to the grave yard in March,

Nice to be able to throw up the two fingers today getting around the Euro 5 emissions system :)

smokey-and-the-bandit-II-SPL-2_zpsdcvzlm

For those whom don't recognize that's Burt Reynolds,

Great film from the 70's called "smokey and the Bandit" figured it to be quite fitting :lol:

haha, very true, but as for tax, I dont think we would call it tax but if I remember right, you pay about 3 times what we do!

• Like 1

Nicely done Lenny. I think you could get away with a total decat now. If you use Souhans again, maybe they could check the emissions right there and then tell you if you would fail the next NCT. What do you think? Another 10bhp more with a decat? And the noise as well :P

• Like 1

heres the Genuine ford fitting instructions for the rear diffuser:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/32649-focus-zetec-s-rear-skirt-diffuser-fitting-guide-pdf/?p=255361

They cost around 240pounds from ford thats 60 pounds more expensive than a full ST rear bumper,

I suggest searching ebay to purchase one from breakers,

Fitting then,

Purchase a tube of Tiger Seal its top quality body kit adhesive,

And a couple of rivets from B&Q or you can purchase them from ford

KGrHqJlwE9JVDGL29BPsS8sQKg60_12.jpg

Here is also a link to Genuine Fitting Instructions Focus ZetecS front lip splitter:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/32648-focus-zetec-s-front-skirt-lip-fitting-guide-pdf/

So that will fit my normal Zetec? Or need a modding shop to fit it?

• Like 1

Nicely done Lenny. I think you could get away with a total decat now. If you use Souhans again, maybe they could check the emissions right there and then tell you if you would fail the next NCT. What do you think? Another 10bhp more with a decat? And the noise as well :P

trapped pigeon and chew chew noises lol if I do go decat I'd purchase the 1.6TDCi decat pipe that pumaspeed sell for the fiesta says gives 10bhp increase then check emissions,

If all was good then I'd completely gut the dpf chamber and fit it,

Although I think for the dpf chamber to seem completely legitimate there should be a sound baffle in it otherwise I could get caught out by the sound,

Overall though it's great comfort to know dpf removal and EGR blanking a euro5 engine has lower emissions than stock aswell as prolonged Turbo life.

• Like 1

So that will fit my normal Zetec? Or need a modding shop to fit it?

yes zetecS kit is designed to fit to the standard body.

yes zetecS kit is designed to fit to the standard body.

I spoke to a mechanic and he said he will charge me around £90 to fit it to my current bumper.

Do you have any link to the eBay part for the diffuser? Or from china?

• Like 1

I spoke to a mechanic and he said he will charge me around £90 to fit it to my current bumper.

Do you have any link to the eBay part for the diffuser? Or from china?

the part from China is not the same as the Genuine diffuser,

The one from china is only a centre diffuser which sticks on like cladding, doesnt have the side arms that wrap around the bumper neither.

But if you dont plan on fitting the full zetecS body kit or a duplex exhaust and just want the look of a diffuser,

China one will do fine, involving no spraying just stick it on yourself.

If going for the genuine diffuser it is identical to the fitting instructions i linked you and beefs up the whole bumper,

They can be fairly rare to purchase second hand because there fairly sought after,

Best to search on eBay.co.uk for focus zetecS diffuser skirt,

But ill have a look now and link:

heres one very cheap, attached to a bumper aswell, small bit of damage but easy fix for painting

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/171371628095?nav=SEARCH

If you would like to continue conversation regarding the zetecS kit please respond in this thread instead of my build thread as the topic is more suited here:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/33147-focus-zetec-s-kit-fitted/?fromsearch=1

I was thinking of getting the diffuser from China. Would it be no good for me if I wanted to get a duplex exhaust then?

• Like 1

I was thinking of getting the diffuser from China. Would it be no good for me if I wanted to get a duplex exhaust then?

no mate,

The china version sticks to the curve line of the existing bumper like cladding, it doesn't bring the bumper any lower,

The duplex exhaust comes out from below the standard bumper,

The genuine zetecS diffuser also sticks to the existing standard bumper but its diffuser is functional and comes down below the standard bumper along with an apron which wraps around the sides, beefs up and lowers the bumper creating the surround below the standard bumper where the exhaust pipes can pertrude surrounded by the diffuser,

Anyways

Please post further discussion about the zetecS kit in this thread:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/33147-focus-zetec-s-kit-fitted/?fromsearch=1

Keeps it better documented and categorised.

• Like 1

Lenny

I have china version diffuser which i bought last year cost me almost £120 as you get shipping cost & customs & exise duty fees to add on top of purchase cost.the diffuser has a ford stamp on so looks like genuine. The one i have is the carbon dipped look.i didnt fit as thinking of the complete genuiune zetec s wraparound skirt & diffuser. It does look lower when diffuser is fitted .so its surpus to requirements as i never fitted so brand new.

post-39671-140637634742_thumb.jpgpost-39671-140637636588_thumb.jpgpost-39671-140637639035_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Here you go b4zz

post-39671-140639576869_thumb.jpg

post-39671-140639578492_thumb.jpg

Thats the best i could do with pics .its not all across just the bit in images

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Please post further discussion about the zetecS kit in this thread: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/33147-focus-zetec-s-kit-fitted/?fromsearch=1

Lenny

I have china version diffuser which i bought last year cost me almost £120 as you get shipping cost & customs & exise duty fees to add on top of purchase cost.the diffuser has a ford stamp on so looks like genuine. The one i have is the carbon dipped look.i didnt fit as thinking of the complete genuiune zetec s wraparound skirt & diffuser. It does look lower when diffuser is fitted .so its surpus to requirements as i never fitted so brand new.

Please post further discussion about the zetecS kit in this thread: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/33147-focus-zetec-s-kit-fitted/?fromsearch=1

Keeps it better documented and categorised

Here you go b4zz

That's the best i could do with pics .its not all across just the bit in images

Please post further discussion about the zetecS kit in this thread:

just had a thought there,

your focus is also a 2010, have you had your NCT yet?

If yes can you please tell me what reading is the emissions as you still have dpf im wondering if its much higher than mine or whats the standard mines 1.100/m limit is 2.500/m

Yea, I had my nct done a few months ago. I will find the paperwork tomorrow evening when I get home from work (stuck in work on a Sunday Not nice) and let you know what my emissions were.

• Like 1

Yea, I had my nct done a few months ago. I will find the paperwork tomorrow evening when I get home from work (stuck in work on a Sunday Not nice) and let you know what my emissions were.

thanks mate, great to be able to work though,

Still...working on a Sunday and getting called in just when the F1 race was getting exciting with the rain etc! Not fun and especially for the rubbish rate that we get paid at as it's off site call. I honestly would pay less taxes and have more money if I didn't do the calls every week :(

Don't you worry Lenny, you will be back as soon as your back is mended and complaining about being at work then :P

• Like 1