Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Name: Hassen
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk 2.5 1.6TDCI 2010
  • Year: 2010

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:54 PM

Nicely done Vicki. I was very lazy and asked the guy at the Ford Dealership to change the wiper blades :P

Btw Lenny, if you need work done by a Ford Garage, I highly recommend Colton Motors in Mullingar. I know it might be a bit far, but I have had zero issues with them so far. Very fair and good quality of work.

#378 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,727 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

Nicely done Vicki. I was very lazy and asked the guy at the Ford Dealership to change the wiper blades :P
Btw Lenny, if you need work done by a Ford Garage, I highly recommend Colton Motors in Mullingar. I know it might be a bit far, but I have had zero issues with them so far. Very fair and good quality of work.

thanks hassen,
Ford wanted 32.00euro for a rear wiper on that service i had,
Bought a bosh for 12.00 euro fitted myself at the time,
Cant see me needing ford dealer for service in the future, only thing left is the DMF if it goes ill fit an SMF instead so all good,

#379 Hassen

Hassen

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:50 AM

Wow €32 for a rear wiper! That's ridiculous! I paid I think €18 for my one, which worked out to be cheaper than online with the shipping etc. I honestly think that if you are using a dealership in the greater Dublin area, they will fleece you, while in the smaller towns, they are fairly reasonable. E.g I had asked them how much for the Eibach lowering springs and it worked out to be a couple of euros less than what I was going to get it online for as I wasn't paying the shipping charges... and they were going to charge me less for the fitting as I had bought it off them. Win Win!

#380 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,727 posts
Contributor

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

Wow €32 for a rear wiper! That's ridiculous! I paid I think €18 for my one, which worked out to be cheaper than online with the shipping etc. I honestly think that if you are using a dealership in the greater Dublin area, they will fleece you, while in the smaller towns, they are fairly reasonable. E.g I had asked them how much for the Eibach lowering springs and it worked out to be a couple of euros less than what I was going to get it online for as I wasn't paying the shipping charges... and they were going to charge me less for the fitting as I had bought it off them. Win Win!

im in Wexford thats almost two hours away from dublin,
I bought the car from them straight out cash, went in with fully speced zetecS kit fitted in full support of the blue oval and then they try sweet talk me by implying they sold it to me :lol: Quote: "its a good car are you bought it from us, are you still happy with it"
then try to get me to pay for a pollen filter housing aswell as a pollen filter because THEY broke it, same day they told me i needed the rear wiper @ 32euro
And quoted me 240 euro to fit ford supplied lowering springs but then tried to charge me 290 on the day of doing the job, even though i had a handwritten invoice from him stating 240euro to fit ford lowering springs.

#381 VickiC

VickiC

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Name: Victoria
  • Ford Model: focus st wannabe!!!

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:19 PM

This is a first but i actually agree with lenny ... dealerships are rip off merchants ... they have forecourts to fill & rip oaps off because they trust the dealer & They are terrified of not having a car its vile ...lenny went in with cash & bought on the spot no haggling + lowering + new rims therefore think they can throw all sorts on top because he loves his motor. ....your probably closer to dublin than us hassan too so thats out the window. ....money grabbing fubs with no morals

#382 Hassen

Hassen

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

I totally agree as well as I had numerous issues with my previous car and the dealership. Just remember that not all of them are bad and I think I got lucky in finding a decent one. I remember Lenny mentioning the issues he had with the springs and the camber bolts as well. Very cheeky of them to try to bump up the price after giving you a quote. That is not fair at all. Hopefully, you will find a decent mechanic to carry out future jobs :)

#383 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,727 posts
Contributor

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

Im not braggin about the way i bought the car, what i mean 8s: ive given them enough money in my opinion to provide me with honest service, but they couldnt do that,

They sent me a "Pre NCT check" offer costing 50 euro excluding parts &labour :lol:
To ensure it passes first time,

The NCT itself costs 55euro and with that theres a 50% chance it will pass meaning i wont have to pay anything extra,
But the local dealer wants to cash in on the "what if it fails factor"
If it fails, the NCT tell you whats wrong and you get it fixed then pay 25 euro for a retest, thats still cheaper than buying in to the "pre-NCT check" for them to change parts that are "slightly worn"

#384 Hassen

Hassen

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

Ok, now that's taking the mikey! I never received anything of the sort from the Ford place I go to normally. I mean, that was before any parts or labour *cough-bolshit*!

Good thing you don't go to them anymore. They sound to be just out for a quick buck and have no customers in mind.

#385 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,727 posts
Contributor

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:40 AM

Update:

In preparation for the NCT
Replaced two front AVON ZZ3 with AVON ZZ5 as the Z3 were bald like slicks due to use :lol:
on a review comparing the two;
Well they don't make ZZ3 anymore they were a fantastic tyre with V shaped directional threads however road noise was a bit excessive,

The ZZ5 don't have the V shape directional thread but still fantastic grip and the road noise is greatly reduced,
For 18" wheels i recommend the AVON ZZ3

I also bought this and put it in with a tank of fuel,

IMG_20140614_010813_zpsuiwxtxrf.jpg

Cost 4 euro so i wasn't expecting to notice any difference but it has made the car slightly more responsive,

It was then time to clean the exhaust tips in time for probing,
I bought a steam cleaner in the local DIY store aswell as a bottle of Astonish Stainless Steel Cleaner,

Also stole some of Vicki's J cloth's

IMG_20140613_090723_zpsovxh1a8l.jpg

As you can see they were pretty bad but haven't been cleaned in over six months

IMG_20140613_090653_zpsb4dbfomx.jpg

IMG_20140613_082818_zpsakxps37g.jpg

Started with the passenger side:

IMG_20140613_082813_zpsjmhgm1qv.jpg

IMG_20140613_090648_zpsfucpe5mn.jpg

Before & After

IMG_20140613_215538_zpsfhkqjho7.jpg

IMG_20140613_090637_zpsbulqrtdr.jpg

Now complete,

IMG_20140613_095427_zpscncetine.jpg

IMG_20140613_095438_zps7xs2ihhx.jpg

Usually get around 250km done before they begin to show signs of carbon again.

#386 b4zz

b4zz

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Name: Barry
  • Ford Model: facelift focus zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:56 AM

looks like the exhaust tips have come up well lenny and they looked bad before

#387 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,727 posts
Contributor

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:19 AM

looks like the exhaust tips have come up well Lenny and they looked bad before

was a knock on effect mate chasing carbon stains lol
Exhaust looked great but the driveway was destroyed, had to use fairy liquid and yard brush to scrub it then chase i5 down th3 drain,
All worth it in the en( but the passenger side tip has gotten tarnished with somthing over the past year either foam from cleaning that wasn't rinsed away and burned on the exhaust o4 screen wash that fell down on it,
I don't know for sure but its put a brown scorch mark like rust on the top area of the tip

#388 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,727 posts
Contributor

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

Well guys the oil change guide on the 1.6tdci will sadly be my last,
As some of you may be aware: ive been suffering lower back pain the past 7 weeks now,

Doctor had me on 5 differnt tablets 3 times per day,

Last week i went to see a Chiropractor whom examined my feet and back taking X-Rays etc.

Yesterday i went for the results and well it was quite upsetting,

Heres a picture of a normal healthy spine:

104274792_1__xray_credited_zpsykdpcgsw.j

Discs perfectly spaced between the vertebrates,

Well in mine,
Ive got a repedative strain injury,
Im blaming it on too much S.E.X :lol:
The Disc has worn away resulting in the vertibrate closing in on the nerve trapping the nerve like a slice of ham in between two slices of bread with no butter to separate contact.

The doctor says I'm at stage 2.
He says he can treat it over time to prevent or prolong stage 3
This involves me going to him twice a week for one month followed by once per week there after at a cost of 42.00 euro per visit.

Here is the location where it feels like tooth ache:

IMG_20140617_140005_zpslcfdacj2.jpg

I have less than half that gap shown in the above image, there compressing on the nerve,

He said my injury didnt just happen 7 weeks ago,
He says 7 weeks ago was the breaking point where it has entered what he calls stage 2 of a Compressed disc
He said had it not happened that day, it would have happened at some point soon after with somthing heavier,

As result guys im not really able to climb it to car boots or across engines to perform various jobs on the motor,
Im not sure if ill be able to service it myself,
Which is quite depressing news for me because its somthing i thoroughly enjoy and I'm only 29 too young to be !Removed! up in mobility.

But that's where we are. Im still in shock and disbelief but he told me things that im feeling but i hadn't told him,
So i know what he's telling me is true,
And the tablets are not working as good as they were so I've got no option but to go for therapy.

#389 karlos1987

karlos1987

• FOC Supporters
  • 814 posts
  • Name: karl
  • Ford Model: focus mk2.5 titanium 1.6
  • Year: 2008

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

That's a real shame lenny. I'd hate to be told I can't do bits n bobs cos of a bad back.

Will it improve over time? Or is it more of a permanent thing?

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

#390 VickiC

VickiC

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Name: Victoria
  • Ford Model: focus st wannabe!!!

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

Ah lenny put the violin down Lol. ..its not reversesble but can be strenghten over time dont worry you will be bent over plenty of bonnetslol

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users