• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCi
  • Year: 2005

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

Is your focus lowerd mate?

Oh aye! It's on yellow (so I assume Apex) springs and it's a good 40mm lower, my mechanic reckons the same. Not gonna clog up your thread with my pics, but you can see a few of them on this thread that ZeetecBlaikie was asking for 'Lowering Advice'...

http://www.fordowner...owering-advice/

I'll not deny that the ride is firm to say the least, but it was like that before I got it and I like the stance of it so have kept it that way.

Ideally I'd probably replace with Eibachs for the Ford approved-ness, but I'll not be doing it anytime soon!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#62 alkyz89

alkyz89

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Name: Aaron
  • Ford Model: focus zetec S
  • Year: 2010

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

haha ooops thought you was getting lazy with the cleaning lenny lol

#63 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 268 Sleeper
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

To lower or not to lower, that is the question - you should ask other people that have lowered their focus to see what thay think about it,-  probably a tot of ST and RS owners have lowered theirs

#64 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,431 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS & Toyota Levin BZR
Contributor

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

Oh aye! It's on yellow (so I assume Apex) springs and it's a good 40mm lower, my mechanic reckons the same. Not gonna clog up your thread with my pics, but you can see a few of them on this thread that ZeetecBlaikie was asking for 'Lowering Advice'...
http://www.fordowner...owering-advice/
I'll not deny that the ride is firm to say the least, but it was like that before I got it and I like the stance of it so have kept it that way.
Ideally I'd probably replace with Eibachs for the Ford approved-ness, but I'll not be doing it anytime soon!

Thanks Gary mate,
The springs level the ride height and look good,
The tyres are still clearly visible so its not crazy low,
"Im in a divide and i gots ta know ow o"
The ride is a little hard since fitting the wheels, so id like to know if it gets much harder when springs are added that.

To lower or not to lower, that is the question - you should ask other people that have lowered their focus to see what thay think about it,-  probably a tot of ST and RS owners have lowered theirs

Thanks foca,
Very true mate,
I'll do some research prior to selling or fitting, really head wrecking decission.
I will post my findings in the thread that gary has linked to help catagorise the information
Thanks guys.

#65 Bladerunner

Bladerunner

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Name: Martin
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.6 tdci 5 door

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

Hi Lenny, just found this post on what you have done to your Focus.

Are you employed in the motor trade , if not you have made it look as though you are, top quality workmanship and really good easy to follow guides.

Looks spot on.

Cheers

Martin

#66 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,431 posts
Contributor

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Hi Lenny, just found this post on what you have done to your Focus.
Are you employed in the motor trade , if not you have made it look as though you are, top quality workmanship and really good easy to follow guides.
Looks spot on.
Cheers
Martin

Hi Martin,
Thanks for the comments but I don't work in the motor trade industry, its just my hobby and pass time interest,
I work in the pharmaceutical industry manufacturing various actives for medication.

IMG_20130405_091948_zps7d758bcc.jpg

#67 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,431 posts
Contributor

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

I've just looked up the eibach pro kit on pumaspeed says it doesn't effect warrenty and lowers the front 20mm and the rear 30mm That's only 2cm and 3 cm that's nothing I thought it was going to be inches lmao And my warrenty is void for many modification reasons but since ford support it then its unlikely to scuff ramps. I think it lifted a bit when the 18's went on it too. And I love the straight horizontal stance of Garys "FOCUS" lol now lowerd
!Removed! the missus I'm keeping em and fitting next month, 3cm and 2cm won't give much cussion loss anyways. I reckon its the 18x8 rims that's making it the hardest and not the springs so much.

I've come to far to stop so close to the finish lol I'm fitting these bad boys for sure. Thanks for you help and advise on this, I didn't realise it wouldn't drop it on its !Removed! but still look great.

#68 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,381 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
Contributor

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

LMAO good lad Lenny mate

You show the Missus who's boss

You fit the springs and if she doesn't like it tell her she can get used to walking a lot more from now on

#69 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Lawman

• Super Mod
  • 12,861 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

Buy her a season bus ticket.

#70 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 268 Sleeper
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

Buy her her own lowered Focus  :)  (his and hers lowered Foci? :lol: ) failing that, a cushion for her...........comfort  

Im glad you "went for it" - don't forget you have the added bonus of 4 brand new springs its not a massive difference but you should see the difference in the gap between the top of the tyre and the wheelarch

#71 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,431 posts
Contributor

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

LMAO good lad Lenny mate

You show the Missus who's boss

You fit the springs and if she doesn't like it tell her she can get used to walking a lot more from now on

Buy her her own lowered Focus  :)  (his and hers lowered Foci? :lol: ) failing that, a cushion for her...........comfort  

Im glad you "went for it" - don't forget you have the added bonus of 4 brand new springs its not a massive difference but you should see the difference in the gap between the top of the tyre and the wheelarch

Thanks guys,
I thought she would love a hard ride but seems not any more lmao
I told her its only 20mm front and 30mm rear so its not 2" front and 3" rear just a slight drop,
Id like to get her a white 3dr Mk6 fiesta and create an ST rep but id be killed for sure lol

I've booked the 09th and 10th of May off work,
Going to get it serviced and lowerd then.

#72 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,381 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
Contributor

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

looking forward to seeing the results dude

#73 Oliverb

Oliverb

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Name: Ollie
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for the link !! Love it , so jealous - will pay you to do mine lol !!!

Nice one

#74 b4zz

b4zz

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Name: Barry
  • Ford Model: facelift focus zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

loving every thing you have done fella the car a credit to you and looks factory. what a diffrence the 18s made that one sweet ride you got

#75 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,431 posts
Contributor

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

Love it , so jealous - will pay you to do mine lol !!!
Nice one

thanks very much Oliver, and no problem mate id love to do it all again; the chase is better than the catch, i have experienced the high's and the low's when modding over the past two years, now feeling mixed emotions as it approaches completion ill be lost for things to do.

loving every thing you have done fella the car a credit to you and looks factory. what a diffrence the 18s made that one sweet ride you got

Thanks mate I'm very happy with the results from the 18's they enhance the focus even without the body kit fitted they make a big difference, sadly experienced some impact on acceleration response when the 18's were fitted due to the larger wheels turning,
Also known as "Un sprung Mass"happens when fitting bigger wheels to any car,

However I've just blanked off the EGR Valve with a 1.5mm Laser cut Stainless Steel plate,
To my surprise this has reduced turbo lag and helped the take off speed,
The focus now responds as good as it used to when rolling on 16" wheels

IMG_20130421_173730_zpsa179c234.jpg
IMG_20130419_214234_zps140e6427.jpg

I've also created a guide for fitting an EGR blanking plate to a 1.6TDCi if anyone is interested to know how:
http://www.fordowner...-16tdci-engine/

Purchased some Genuine Ford l.e.d tail light units from european-parts.com today, so hopfully they will arrive before next weekend,
I'll create a fitting guide and upload images once arrived and the weather holds.

Following that,
Eibach lowering Front 20mm & Rear 30mm in May also perhaps get the windows tinted 30% but that's it from me then until october/november I've been adding modification after modification since october 2010; time for a few months holiday,

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users