Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"taking Oval To Blue Horizon" Lenny's Build Thread 2010-2015

Lenny

First bit of trouble the focus has ever given me has appeared at 208,000km 
It's also a common problem and it's a leaking fuel injector seal.

Found by signs of oil & fuel on top of the engine aswell as a smell of oil in the car when stopped in traffic.

20160928_095001_zpsdby6lcjg.jpg

20160928_094947_zpsrij53jmb.jpg
  • Like 1

Oh dear Lenny but you have been extremely lucky with your car till now. Maybe as a precaution change all the injector seals.

• Like 1

Whats the latest with your car Lenny? Oh. I've a new post titled Well that didn't last long.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm a new Ford owner with a 2.0 Focus Titanium TDCI MK2.5

Firstly this thread and Mr_Spocks detailed thread on audio upgrade are fantastic thanks guys im truly inspired and will be adding many of these upgrade to my own vehicle. 

Lenny i noticed you have added an additional USB socket to your dash is there a guide or anything to show how this was done as ive been all through this topic and not found one also wheres good to purchase the USB unit from?

Secondly I'm looking at purchasing the below head unit have any of you guys dealt with this company as it seems overly easy to install and looks too good for the value ect. 

http://www.autopumpkin.co.uk/ford-car-dvd-player/pumpkin-7-inch-touchscreen-2-din-quad-core-android-5-1-for-ford-focus-mondeo-car-gps-dvd-player-supporting-dab-obd2-grey.html 

I appreciate all in put and thanks in advance. Once i have installed i will upload pics and a short video to show it working.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mwaller87 said:

Hi I'm a new Ford owner with a 2.0 Focus Titanium TDCI MK2.5

Firstly this thread and Mr_Spocks detailed thread on audio upgrade are fantastic thanks guys im truly inspired and will be adding many of these upgrade to my own vehicle. 

Lenny i noticed you have added an additional USB socket to your dash is there a guide or anything to show how this was done as ive been all through this topic and not found one also wheres good to purchase the USB unit from?

Secondly I'm looking at purchasing the below head unit have any of you guys dealt with this company as it seems overly easy to install and looks too good for the value ect. 

http://www.autopumpkin.co.uk/ford-car-dvd-player/pumpkin-7-inch-touchscreen-2-din-quad-core-android-5-1-for-ford-focus-mondeo-car-gps-dvd-player-supporting-dab-obd2-grey.html 

I appreciate all in put and thanks in advance. Once i have installed i will upload pics and a short video to show it working.

Hi,

Thanks for commenting;

AutoStar shop on eBay is where i purchased the usb power socket for the glovebox its linked in the discreet dual dash cam guide here:

My full list of Guides are here: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/68214-full-list-lennys-guides/

The other USB i have fitted is replacing the 12v socket inside the centre console has usb socket linked to the headunit aswell as AUX port 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191554018542

And I'm going to work now but I'll get back to read about chosen headunit later 👍 

• Like 1

Thanks Lenny

I have your manuals saved as i can see them coming in extremely helpful. You should consider opening a MOD shop of your own plenty of people would come to you.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mwaller87 said:

Thanks Lenny

I have your manuals saved as i can see them coming in extremely helpful. You should consider opening a MOD shop of your own plenty of people would come to you.

Thanks mate,

The modification businesses isint sustainable when providing it as a call out service compared to selling ready built kits on eBay where there's a broader market,

I enjoyed doing it as a hobby and proving some modifications are possible with almost factory finish.

I once was an eBay seller of some focus upgrade parts, If purchase from Alibaba for penny's and sell on eBay for pounds, but fellow enthusiasts within the mainland uk were capable of undercutting my sales as I had to ship from Ireland to customers in the mainland it no longer became profitable.

My day to day job is much more sustainable and profitable manufacturing pharmaceuticals,

I've finished with the car now, currently modifying our home instead, 

I would install any mod for penny's as I really enjoy the task, but providing it as a business is hit and miss, If you need any advice though just post question on the specific guide and I'll get back to you. 

The chosen headunit looks reasonable and a few forum members highly rate them, 

I personally favoured Pioneer with the self calibrating equiliser sort of sold me instantly.

You may also like my thread on energy saving products

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So after some hard choices i bit the bullet and changed my head unit to the Auto Pumpkin Unit and it looks and works great 

20161202_155140.jpg

I have then gone on to purchase

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Ambarella-A7LA70-K1S-Dash-Cam-Camera-Car-Video-DVR-Dual-HD-1080p-Lesns-w-GPS-/172425906499?hash=item2825628943:g:kUIAAOSwqrtWo86O

And install like Lenny has with his Screen in the glove box. These are great.

20161202_155158.jpg20161202_155205.jpg20161202_155149.jpg

20161202_155224.jpg

• Like 1

Those cameras look great, seem to be smaller than the model I have fitted aswell as a higher HD resolution, I may have to treat myself for Christmas 🎅thanks for link👍

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Update:

Been a long time since I've post anything in this thread but I've purchased a set of 16" rims

IMG_hrrtgy_zpsnh3y3vrp.jpg

IMG_g8raj7_zpswra8srvy.jpg

IMG_20130404_114424_zps50a5c16e.jpg

Aside from a few kerb marks on the newly purchased 16" alloys; the centre caps are looking pretty bad indeed😦
20170307_215407_zpsze0n4tgp_edit_1488923

I'll be fitting them next week meaning the much loved Genuine 18" Facelift ST wheels will be going up for sale.

IMG_20150412_113111_zpssslinuxu_edit_142

my reason for changing back is because I now want to spend as little as possible on the annual running cost of the vehicle and 16" are cheaper to replace.

shipping the rims to the UK costs 97GBP so if anyone's interested would be looking at around 497GBP shipped open to offers, 

cost me three times that from ford as saw in earlier pages of this build thread, I'll get proper pictures up next week when there off the car before they go in to storage awaiting Sale.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Did your 18s scrub at all turning left and right?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zetec Adam said:

Did your 18s scrub at all turning left and right?  

No; although it is lowered 35mm,

I had the Ford steering rack limiter kit fitted to the rear of the front hubs and laser tracking alignment also helped to correct the angle of the tyres, 

17" are a good compromise between style and performance, the 18" are 7kg heavier per rim which contributes to the vehicles "unsprung mass" which takes more power from the engine to turn them, 

18" also cost you a fortune on tyres with a full set being required every 9-12 months 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 12/6/2016 at 11:28 AM, mwaller87 said:

So after some hard choices i bit the bullet and changed my head unit to the Auto Pumpkin Unit and it looks and works great 

20161202_155140.jpg

I have then gone on to purchase

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Ambarella-A7LA70-K1S-Dash-Cam-Camera-Car-Video-DVR-Dual-HD-1080p-Lesns-w-GPS-/172425906499?hash=item2825628943:g:kUIAAOSwqrtWo86O

And install like Lenny has with his Screen in the glove box. These are great.

20161202_155158.jpg20161202_155205.jpg20161202_155149.jpg

20161202_155224.jpg

Lenny great work as usual. Can you send me a link to where you bought the head unit please. Much appreciated. 

10 minutes ago, Mooresy said:

Lenny great work as usual. Can you send me a link to where you bought the head unit please. Much appreciated. 

The Xtrons version of said headunit can be bought HERE (I've linked to the Android 8 versions as they're the most recent). Otherwise just Google 'Ford Focus MK2 Android headunit' and you should find the Eonon, Pumpkin, etc. versions

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

All images are live again as I've subscribed to Photobucket 🙆‍♂️ Lennys Back

Enjoy peoples 

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Wow I've been on a lot of forums in my time but I think your thread is the longest I've ever seen  your car looks great and it's a shame you are loosing the st rim's they really set the car off lots of time and effort put into your focus 

3 hours ago, Dave sport tdci said:

Wow I've been on a lot of forums in my time but I think your thread is the longest I've ever seen  your car looks great and it's a shame you are loosing the st rim's they really set the car off lots of time and effort put into your focus 

Thanks mate, 

The ST rims were costing a set of tyres every nine to eleven months, The 16" rims last a bit longer on tyres and don't buckle as easily,

My interest has moved on to improving the house now instead 

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/

• 1 year later...

Ten years on from the first post and I'm still in the same focus with the same factory turbo, 

I have a little bit of an update regarding the focus and figured I'd post it in the build thread to keep it all relevant, 

It was a huge big deal for me to get these today border line euphoric 

As I live in Ireland 

You don't come across an ST focus too often mainly due to the annual road tax on a 2.5 petrol engine being €1876.00 per year and especially not one that's breaking for parts; then extremely lucky to be the person purchasing the interior 😂 especially for €250 that's a steal, there from a five door model which is exactly what I needed but I prented I required three door seats to get the price down low 👍

Saved me a fortune not having to import from the uk as the shipping would be over €100 just to receive them. 

20200312_090032.thumb.jpg.d0cec5ecc9c49afd3a5587dacfc3490d.jpg

20200312_181037.thumb.jpg.cfa6977dc4f4e0dfedf524d6c6df7ce0.jpg

I wont be fitting them immediately though because there is a bit of patina on the rails and underneath which I would like to have treated prior to installing in my focus, 

The seller had them sitting in the garage floor for over a year resulting in them getting wet and the rails got a bit rusty although they slide 100% 

They also seem to have wiring for heated elements but I don't think I'll be retrofitting the loom for those, 

Heres some more pictures; please let me know your thoughts on the rust; how best to treat it, I'm prepared to leave them in a panel beaters to be treated and painted or best to go to a car upholstery?  

There in mint condition otherwise, also lighter than the standard seats with further adjustment capabilities. 

20200312_180134.thumb.jpg.c6fda3b7530f0c068833db444ab9dc34.jpg

20200312_180138.thumb.jpg.9e5d43ddd45d5b4ac146317040056947.jpg

20200312_180710.thumb.jpg.22ca16c6190cd01723134713dc9f3184.jpg

20200312_180135.jpg

20200312_180213.jpg

20200312_180703.jpg

20200312_175939.jpg

20200312_180717.jpg

20200312_181037.jpg

20200312_180206.jpg

• Like 1