Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"taking Oval To Blue Horizon" Lenny's Build Thread 2010-2015

Lenny

thats a lot of work , and tea , excellent job .

• Like 1

thats brilliant mate! really impressed with the job youve done! :)

..and i bet im not the only person who immediately checked their bank balance after reading this!!! haha

• Like 1

Nicely done Lenny. Putting it altogether you can see from where you started and where you have reached.

If I had one more suggestion for a mod, it would be a recaro/ST interior for the car. That I think would be the cherry on top :)

• Like 1

If I had one more suggestion for a mod, it would be a recaro/ST interior for the car. That I think would be the cherry on top :)

Shhhhhh!! His Missus has a price on his head as it is

• Like 1

Don my cap Lenny the car looks great, fair play to ya it's great seeing all theses mods I'm looking forward to seeing the new alloys and springs.

Thanks Colin,

I'm looking forward to the fitting of wheels and springs, just need the tyres now and the funds,

all going well 05th April I'll have tyres on the rims and fitted to the car,

followed by a service and lowering in early May.

thats a lot of work , and tea , excellent job .

Thanks frank, has come a long way sad to see the end in sight because ill be lost for somthing to do in my spare time,

thats brilliant mate! really impressed with the job youve done! :)

..and i bet im not the only person who immediately checked their bank balance after reading this!!! haha

lol thanks mate, on the outlook I wouldn't have comitted myself to taking it this far in modifications,

but I don't smoke or drink often, piece by piece I chipped away at my e-bay wish list surprisingly addictive though,

Nicely done Lenny. Putting it altogether you can see from where you started and where you have reached.

Sounds good mate,

I would like a black leather Recaro interior with a custom lined swade roof lining,

But the shipping cost on a facelift ST 5 door interior including door cards would be a serious cost in its own,

lol not far wrong Charlie,

I'm always open to ideas though.

Rofl... So does mine :P

• Like 1

mine dont know i've bought new wheels and had them refurbed

she is going away for 12 days over easter so i think it will hit the fan when i pick her up from stanstead airport

just going to see how long it takes her to notice lol

• Like 1

Nice job lenny and meticulous as ever lol now ive read that i think i need to shave again ;)

• Like 1

mine dont know i've bought new wheels and had them refurbed

she is going away for 12 days over easter so i think it will hit the fan when i pick her up from stanstead airport

just going to see how long it takes her to notice lol

Ouch Gary mate,

That could be disappointing in two ways,

1. If she notices at the airport then its a long silent trip home,

2. If she doesnt notice and admire the enhancement then that can be disappointing too.

Nice job lenny and meticulous as ever lol now ive read that i think i need to shave again ;)

Thanks arthur lmao,

I'm only meticulous with the car mate, once it looks good to me I'm happy,

Not too bothered about my own appearance focus and the missus are easier on the eye than myself lol

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update

The18" ST Snow Flake have been fitted today,

I've only got two images at the moment as I'm now awake 24 hours since working nights this week I've finished work at 7am then got wheels done followed by packing up the 16'' for sale,

So here are the pics and I'll add more at the weekend, I'm now off to get some sleep before work at 11pm

IMG_20130404_114745_zps3d336383.jpg

IMG_20130404_114701_zps92de7ed8.jpg

IMG_20130404_114635_zps8c70134c.jpg

IMG_20130404_114546_zpsa931b5ba.jpg

IMG_20130404_132729_zps0baf7254.jpg

i'm jealous mate i'm really jealous

cars looking even more stunning than ever, didnt think that was even possible

it's a right credit to you

now get yourself off to beddybyes and get some hard earned sleep

• Like 1

Looking good Lenny (the car that is), they really make a difference!

• Like 1

The car looks mint but the driver is probably looking just right for an extra on Walking Dead.

:d

• Like 2

They just finish the car right off!! looks well good!!

Mate how come you have drums on the rear??? do all the 1.6 dervs come like that??

rear disk convertion would look ace!!

• Like 1

Looks good mate rear disks are technically poorer than drums and have far more problems its a visual fad and extra to spend ide leave it as is i found rear disks to be a pain in the butt

Besides i reckon any more and the mrs will kill you in the car lol

• Like 1

Looks awesome! How does the car drive like more importantly with the new tyres? And are the new springs and camber bolt on?
More pictures please. Wake up Lenny! :P

• Like 1

He cant hes making it up to the mrs wink wink or hes dead lol

• Like 1

i think she's already had the keys off him n used the car to mow him down

• Like 1

Looks good mate rear disks are technically poorer than drums and have far more problems its a visual fad and extra to spend ide leave it as is i found rear disks to be a pain in the butt

+1 exactly what i was going to say, rear discs are more hassle than they are worth for a realatively lighweight road car, drums are cheaper, easier to maintain and simpler (especially for handbrake etc) Obviously discs are better for ultimate braking/ fade resistance on a high performance or heavier car/ towing but most of the braking is done by the fronts on a FWD car anyway

• Like 1

i'm jealous mate i'm really jealous

cars looking even more stunning than ever, didnt think that was even possible

it's a right credit to you

now get yourself off to beddybyes and get some hard earned sleep

Thanks very much charlie mate,

Took many hours to get this far with it really appreciate the feedback and i didnt think wheels alone could have such an impact on the overall apperance of the car,

Looking good Lenny (the car that is), they really make a difference!

Thanks mate lol the car is my good side, advantages of having a face like mine is you get free limo 5% window tint on every car you buy.

The car looks mint but the driver is probably looking just right for an extra on Walking Dead.

:d

Not far wrong there mate,

Bed is so under-rated lol I could have done without sleeping yesterday as I had so many things to do,

I was under presure to get the 16's balance checked and ensure theirs no buckles which the results came up 100% clear, then had to get them valeted to remove all trace of tar and polish them followed by parceling up the 16" for dispatch took 5 hours now seems the sale won't follow through, non responsive so their going on e-bay tomorrow.

Very annoying as I could have slept yesterday instead of packaging four wheels that are now going nowhere, had the buyer made contact.

Very well packed though, look like giant "baby belle" cheese.

IMG_20130404_114424_zps50a5c16e.jpg

IMG_20130404_114511_zpsbd7bb8b4.jpg

IMG_20130404_114531_zps861fec25.jpg

IMG_20130404_131045_zps47d4028d.jpg

IMG_20130404_130945_zps4407f6b5.jpg

IMG_20130404_164717_zps49d0ea32.jpg

They just finish the car right off!! looks well good!!

Mate how come you have drums on the rear??? do all the 1.6 dervs come like that??

rear disk convertion would look ace!!

Thanks Chris,

Have you lowerd yours ? If yes have you got any pictures from the side of the ride height,

And regarding the rear drums/calipers my focus was a "STYLE" model from ford at time of purchase, it would be higher than "climate" but lower than "ZETEC"

I was looking at zetec spec but I got a 2,000euro off cash deal on the "STYLE" it has heated windscreen, electric windows,bluetooth,voice control,air-con and the 16" snow flake alloys, only things it doesn't have that the "ZETEC" does is: rear discs and sports springs, but I'm set to eliminate one of those final diferences next month, so the only thing missing is rear discs and calipers,

+1 arthur

I agree rear discs would be nice and enhance the look of the car but I must draw a line somewhere lol

I have sacrafised all possible since last december to get this far with the wheels and lowering next month,

I'm taking a modification holiday in june until october, I've been spending every spare cent on it since 2010 and I've loved every day of it, but its time for a break for a bit and enjoy the existing mods.

Looks awesome! How does the car drive like more importantly with the new tyres? And are the new springs and camber bolt on?

More pictures please. Wake up Lenny! :P

Thanks very much mate,

Its not lowerd yet lol I'm starting to wonder if it will be ok to lower it since she's riding close enough to the arches,

But the ford endorced Eibach kit is a 40mm drop so that will drop the car by the same amount as the side wall on the tyres so will be fine plus its all ford parts so should be compatable togeather .

Lowering and camber arranged for mid May.

Before:

IMG_20130110_151418.jpg

After:

IMG_20130405_084110_zps5432db18.jpg

The grip is very strong, cornering has no body roll or lean,

Steering turn in is reduced so the car now turns a wider radius on full lock,

However camber adjustment and lowering may help this turn and lean.

Torque is more direct to the road now the car doesn't squat when you put the foot down.

Steering feels a little heavy compared to the 6.5" wide 16" wheels these 8" wide make it feel a small bit more effort to turn.

And finally take off speed is slightly slower due to the bigger wheels , I mean diesels always need to be pushed in 1st and 2nd gear but I notice it a tad more with the 18x8

Handling at speed and grip top top class,

160kmh on 18's feels like 110kmh on 16's perhaps due to the 18's having a 2" less side wall profile theirs no tyre squat at speed.

And here's one advantage you wouldn't think of;

The exhaust is now louder!

The bigger rims allow more sound to travel from the rear arches where the bigger rubber tyre side wall would absorb the noise, plus the car is currently 0.4" higher than previously.

He cant hes making it up to the mrs wink wink or hes dead lol

i think she's already had the keys off him n used the car to mow him down

lol she's been strangely calm about this one guys, not sure if its because she has devised some sort of evil plan,

or she's beginning to like the mods,

+1 exactly what i was going to say, rear discs are more hassle than they are worth for a realatively lighweight road car, drums are cheaper, easier to maintain and simpler (especially for handbrake etc) Obviously discs are better for ultimate braking/ fade resistance on a high performance or heavier car/ towing but most of the braking is done by the fronts on a FWD car anyway

Thanks foca,

The cost would spiral when fitting rear discs with ne handbrake cable , hubs, brake lines, calipers, pads, discs, balance and tracking overall around 4-500 including labour and that's for second hand calipers with fingers crossed and butt clenched that they are reliable second hand calipers.

Not worth it for that money I could upgrade the fronts to AP Racing 4 pots.

Took 38 pictures on the way home from work today at 7am

I'll edit the reg and upload when possible, here are a few for now though:

And thank you all for the continued support, knowlege and comments I really appreciate it.

IMG_20130405_092018_zps06add643.jpg

IMG_20130405_090940_zpsd62f99e9.jpg

IMG_20130405_084250_zpsbfc90436.jpg

• Like 1

IMG_20130405_093142_zpsb7bb61ff.jpg

IMG_20130405_091002_zps45948b25.jpg

IMG_20130405_084811_zps044e8d39.jpg

IMG_20130405_085254_zps8f6320c9.jpg

IMG_20130405_085342_zps3fb58fa4.jpg

IMG_20130405_090537_zps587c2227.jpg

Quick picture of this bad boy in front of the local court house lol

It may land me there some day too.

IMG_20130405_084703_zps6a8f6105.jpg

IMG_20130405_084929_zps7feca72b.jpg

IMG_20130405_091002_zpsa8664db2.jpg

IMG_20130405_091018_zpsf96849bc.jpg

is that blood spatter i see no wonder shes been quiet ...............take a few trips with a shovel did you lol

its stunning mate a credit not sure if ide lower it looking at the pics wont give much clearance

• Like 1

Lenny

hey have made a massive difference to your Focus m8 , really really nice.

p.s that miracle grow really does work haha

• Like 1

is that blood spatter i see no wonder shes been quiet ...............take a few trips with a shovel did you lol

its stunning mate a credit not sure if ide lower it looking at the pics wont give much clearance

lol often tempted but would never venture,

I'm worried about lowering mate,

I've spent 190pounds on Eibach springs and camber though,

Would a 40mm drop be too much ?

Would I gain anything from lowering it ?

Lenny

hey have made a massive difference to your Focus m8 , really really nice.

p.s that miracle grow really does work haha

Before:

IMG_20130403_082235_zps536ba4ac.jpg

IMG_20130403_083647_zpsd64a54b7.jpg

24hrs Later.... Boom check me out y'all!!