IMG_20130405_092115_zps29dff0f4.jpg

IMG_20130405_093204_zps873e2a0d.jpg

IMG_20130405_093124_zps532632e1.jpg

IMG_20130405_093204_zps873e2a0d.jpg

lol often tempted but would never venture,

I'm worried about lowering mate,

I've spent 190pounds on eibach springs and camber though,

Would a 40mm drop be too much ?

Would I gain anything from lowering it ?

I don't think it needs lowereing any more, in my opinion, it looks about right in the pictures, (does not look too high) mostly, lowering is about cosmetic apperance, and does not improve handling, and can make it worse on bumpy roads, if its lowered more it wold reduce the travel and give the car a "boneshaker" ride, and force you to slow down to 2mph for speed bumps,

So technically you are probably better off not lowering it any more, but lowering it more might give it the "wow" factor (more "extreeme" looking) as a show car etc, it just depends on your priorities

Perhaps deeper side skrts/ lower front spoiler would give the desired apperance without some of the drawbacks

• Like 1

As above from past experience its easy to catch the front end on kerbs snow and see that hard work torn off i dont think it will improve the handling i mean ford dont deck thr st do they you struggle over bumps etc personally i wouldnt but its youre choice mate

• Like 1

I don't think it needs lowereing any more, in my opinion, it looks about right in the pictures, (does not look too high) mostly, lowering is about cosmetic apperance, and does not improve handling, and can make it worse on bumpy roads, if its lowered more it wold reduce the travel and give the car a "boneshaker" ride, and force you to slow down to 2mph for speed bumps,

So technically you are probably better off not lowering it any more, but lowering it more might give it the "wow" factor (more "extreeme" looking) as a show car etc, it just depends on your priorities

Perhaps deeper side skrts/ lower front spoiler would give the desired apperance without some of the drawbacks

As above from past experience its easy to catch the front end on kerbs snow and see that hard work torn off i dont think it will improve the handling i mean ford dont deck thr st do they you struggle over bumps etc personally i wouldnt but its youre choice mate

2Mph whats that in KMH lol

Thanks guys quality advise accepted,

I just thought id ask if I was going to miss out on anything by not lowering, as id be gutted to hear id have gotten away with it,

Since I have them here,

But now I know I wont miss anything and the ride height is good enough; I'll stick the springs,camber bolts and steering limiter kit in thebuy&sell section tomorrow, would suit a 16" or 17" wheel nicely.

Thanks guys,

Saved me finding out the hard way, as it is the kit for lowering is brand new still in the box's

IMG_20130117_123926.jpg

IMG_20130110_151301.jpg

IMG_20130110_151649.jpg

looks amazing lenny, butid still be tempted to spray the dark section of the rear diffuser gloss black to match the front trim haha and clean them exhaust tips lol apart from that its by far the best focus 'style' ive ever seen... well done !!

• Like 1

Looks cracking mate. Just 37 pics? Did your battery die or what?!

As for lowering, I'd go for it as you have everything there and ready to go! Mind you, you've better chance of getting your money back keeping it all new and unused to would be a costly experiment.

As above, it's just a cosmetic mod really and you may notice a serious deterioration in ride quality going from 16s to lowered on 18s. Does the rear look a little high though or is it just me from some of the photos?

Are Eibachs 40mm all round on the Focus? Think on my Mondeo they were 40 front and 30 rear (or maybe vice versa).

Whatever you decide on, the car looks stunning as is, and given the time and effort gone into keeping the mods genuine, it really shows in the end product. Top job!

• Like 1

looks amazing lenny, butid still be tempted to spray the dark section of the rear diffuser gloss black to match the front trim haha and clean them exhaust tips lol apart from that its by far the best focus 'style' ive ever seen... well done !!

Thanks Aaron mate,

I like the contrast of the rear diffuser personally if it was black then the exhaust tips would blend in to it,

Its impossible to keep the exhaust tips clean; bad choice of tips for a diesel but my own doing lol

I need to purchase some nanotec based cleaner to coat the chrome tips and protect them from carbon sticking would be easier to maintain,

Cheers.

lol didn't realise it was 37 until I upload them,

Lucky they don't charge for uploading like they do for printing lol

As for lowering, I'd go for it as you have everything there and ready to go! Mind you, you've better chance of getting your money back keeping it all new and unused to would be a costly experiment.

As above, it's just a cosmetic mod really and you may notice a serious deterioration in ride quality going from 16s to lowered on 18s. Does the rear look a little high though or is it just me from some of the photos?

Are Eibachs 40mm all round on the Focus? Think on my Mondeo they were 40 front and 30 rear (or maybe vice versa).

Whatever you decide on, the car looks stunning as is, and given the time and effort gone into keeping the mods genuine, it really shows in the end product. Top job!

Thanks Gary mate,

You speak the same lingo as the devil on my shoulder that tells me to buy things for the car lol

The rear is a little higher than the front and it would be nice to have it sitting flush but as you have said it would be costly experement at the hands of my local ford mechanic who would offer to boil the kettle while I test drive it; to gain extra labour costs lol

IMG_20130405_085342_zps3fb58fa4.jpg

If I could get 15mm springs would be nice ,

I've never lowerd a car before or even driven a lowerd car, first car driven with 18's was my own last Thursday lol

I don't want to be scraping on speed ramps or scuffing along country roads,

Think I'll sell em mate but I'll find out the front and rear lowering size first,

Is your focus lowerd mate?

Hi Lenny

Excellent post, you can write tons of info but we all like a picture…. I thought the dashboard mod was very brave. I think you can get a lot of satisfaction from creating and mod-ing the car yourself. Me personally I like to by a lower spec car and then add the bits I like from other models, I suppose it’s like buying a new car and then choosing all the optional extras but at a fraction of the cost.

Nice post

• Like 1

Is your focus lowerd mate?

Oh aye! It's on yellow (so I assume Apex) springs and it's a good 40mm lower, my mechanic reckons the same. Not gonna clog up your thread with my pics, but you can see a few of them on this thread that ZeetecBlaikie was asking for 'Lowering Advice'...

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41973-lowering-advice/

I'll not deny that the ride is firm to say the least, but it was like that before I got it and I like the stance of it so have kept it that way.

Ideally I'd probably replace with Eibachs for the Ford approved-ness, but I'll not be doing it anytime soon!

• Like 1

haha ooops thought you was getting lazy with the cleaning lenny lol

• Like 1

To lower or not to lower, that is the question - you should ask other people that have lowered their focus to see what thay think about it,- probably a tot of ST and RS owners have lowered theirs

• Like 1

Oh aye! It's on yellow (so I assume Apex) springs and it's a good 40mm lower, my mechanic reckons the same. Not gonna clog up your thread with my pics, but you can see a few of them on this thread that ZeetecBlaikie was asking for 'Lowering Advice'...

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41973-lowering-advice/

I'll not deny that the ride is firm to say the least, but it was like that before I got it and I like the stance of it so have kept it that way.

Ideally I'd probably replace with Eibachs for the Ford approved-ness, but I'll not be doing it anytime soon!

Thanks Gary mate,

The springs level the ride height and look good,

The tyres are still clearly visible so its not crazy low,

"Im in a divide and i gots ta know ow o"

The ride is a little hard since fitting the wheels, so id like to know if it gets much harder when springs are added that.

To lower or not to lower, that is the question - you should ask other people that have lowered their focus to see what thay think about it,- probably a tot of ST and RS owners have lowered theirs

Thanks foca,

Very true mate,

I'll do some research prior to selling or fitting, really head wrecking decission.

I will post my findings in the thread that gary has linked to help catagorise the information

Thanks guys.

Hi Lenny, just found this post on what you have done to your Focus.

Are you employed in the motor trade , if not you have made it look as though you are, top quality workmanship and really good easy to follow guides.

Looks spot on.

Cheers

Martin

• Like 1

Hi Lenny, just found this post on what you have done to your Focus.

Are you employed in the motor trade , if not you have made it look as though you are, top quality workmanship and really good easy to follow guides.

Looks spot on.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the comments but I don't work in the motor trade industry, its just my hobby and pass time interest,

I work in the pharmaceutical industry manufacturing various actives for medication.

IMG_20130405_091948_zps7d758bcc.jpg

I've just looked up the Eibach pro kit on pumaspeed says it doesn't effect warrenty and lowers the front 20mm and the rear 30mm That's only 2cm and 3 cm that's nothing I thought it was going to be inches lmao And my warrenty is void for many modification reasons but since ford support it then its unlikely to scuff ramps. I think it lifted a bit when the 18's went on it too. And I love the straight horizontal stance of Garys "FOCUS" lol now lowerd

!Removed! the missus I'm keeping em and fitting next month, 3cm and 2cm won't give much cussion loss anyways. I reckon its the 18x8 rims that's making it the hardest and not the springs so much.

I've come to far to stop so close to the finish lol I'm fitting these bad boys for sure. Thanks for you help and advise on this, I didn't realise it wouldn't drop it on its !Removed! but still look great.

• Like 1

LMAO good lad Lenny mate

You show the Missus who's boss

You fit the springs and if she doesn't like it tell her she can get used to walking a lot more from now on

• Like 1

Buy her a season bus ticket.

Buy her her own lowered Focus :) (his and hers lowered Foci? :lol: ) failing that, a cushion for her...........comfort

Im glad you "went for it" - don't forget you have the added bonus of 4 brand new springs its not a massive difference but you should see the difference in the gap between the top of the tyre and the wheelarch

• Like 1

LMAO good lad Lenny mate

You show the Missus who's boss

You fit the springs and if she doesn't like it tell her she can get used to walking a lot more from now on

Buy her a season bus ticket.

Buy her her own lowered Focus :) (his and hers lowered Foci? :lol: ) failing that, a cushion for her...........comfort

Im glad you "went for it" - don't forget you have the added bonus of 4 brand new springs its not a massive difference but you should see the difference in the gap between the top of the tyre and the wheelarch

Thanks guys,

I thought she would love a hard ride but seems not any more lmao

I told her its only 20mm front and 30mm rear so its not 2" front and 3" rear just a slight drop,

Id like to get her a white 3dr Mk6 fiesta and create an ST rep but id be killed for sure lol

I've booked the 09th and 10th of May off work,

Going to get it serviced and lowerd then.

• Like 1

looking forward to seeing the results dude

• Like 1

Thanks for the link !! Love it , so jealous - will pay you to do mine lol !!!

Nice one

• Like 1

loving every thing you have done fella the car a credit to you and looks factory. what a diffrence the 18s made that one sweet ride you got

• Like 1

On Sunday, April 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Oliverb said:

Love it , so jealous - will pay you to do mine lol !!!

Nice one

thanks very much Oliver, and no problem mate id love to do it all again; the chase is better than the catch, i have experienced the high's and the low's when modding over the past two years, now feeling mixed emotions as it approaches completion ill be lost for things to do.

On Sunday, April 14, 2013 at 0:18 PM, b4zz said:

loving every thing you have done fella the car a credit to you and looks factory. what a diffrence the 18s made that one sweet ride you got

Thanks mate I'm very happy with the results from the 18's they enhance the focus even without the body kit fitted they make a big difference, sadly experienced some impact on acceleration response when the 18's were fitted due to the larger wheels turning,

Also known as "Un sprung Mass"happens when fitting bigger wheels to any car,

However I've just blanked off the EGR Valve with a 1.5mm Laser cut Stainless Steel plate,

To my surprise this has reduced turbo lag and helped the take off speed,

The focus now responds as good as it used to when rolling on 16" wheels

Purchased some Genuine Ford l.e.d tail light units from european-parts.com today, so hopfully they will arrive before next weekend,

I'll create a fitting guide and upload images once arrived and the weather holds.

Following that,

Eibach lowering Front 20mm & Rear 30mm in May also perhaps get the windows tinted 30% but that's it from me then until october/november I've been adding modification after modification since october 2010; time for a few months holiday,