Ash2011

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name: Ashley
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Hi, I've been looking at plasti dip for a while now as a cheap way to customise the car a bit. It's totally removable too so if it looks terrible or I get bored I can pull it off. Been looking at black for the alloys but until that comes back into stock I have a can of white to play about with. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas of what I could coat? Wing mirrors, one of the alloys to see what the white would look like, ST stripes on the bonnet etc?

Any help would be appreciated, I drive a panther black Focus Mk2 facelift model :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,059 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

I have been looking also at plasti dip , but unsure where i would use it , i know i would not use it for stripes , as if it was on a few months and removed i would be worried about discolouration in the paint from where it's bee protected .

Wheels always seem a good option to try the stuff out

#3 Ash2011

Ash2011

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name: Ashley
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Yeah, I think I will try the wheels, looking forward to seeing what matte black looks like on them :) never thought about the discolouration so thanks for the heads up!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users