Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing Garage Door?

Highwaymanuk

Can anyone help me with how to remove the Garage door type storage in a 2008 focus?

I mean the little compartment under the switch panel as I am wrapping the trim but can't see any screws or fixings holding it in!

Also any ideas what the 3 little holes in the middle of the switch panel are for? As there is a funnel on the back so guessing they are more than decorative.

Thanks for any help!

to remove the garage door on the mk2.5 you need to remove the whole upper console piece around the gear leaver as the garage door is glued in place

you can use the first part of clives guide here on how to remove it

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/54-guide-to-removing-the-centre-console-top-trim-and-or-the-12v-socket/

its a lot more involved than on the mk2 but it's still quite simple, about 4 screws n a few bolts

Cheers Brigante! Ill have a read of that then. Hopefully I don't have to remove the stereo surround and switch panel as I've just wrapped them and put it all back together!

Lift the handbrake surround up from the back to unclip it.

There should just be one screw inside the cup holder recess.

Lift the centre console top piece up from the rear pull firmly as there are clips holding it down.

You only need to move the console piece back about an inch or two so that the bottom of the dash tray is free to move, be careful of the 12v socket and wires as they sit in a hole moulded into the lower console piece.

Pull the bottom of the tray towards you and with a little bit of an upwards rotation and the tray should lift out.

Cheers stoney871. It will have to wait til weekend now but hopefully I'll be able to get matching trim again!

Don't forget to post photos of the job in progress and end results.

Here is progress so far! Managed to do the stereo surround and switch panel! Can just see the spoke on the steering wheel I done.

510C12A3-1097-4837-BC66-E3AA4A771047-907

I did find I had a connector with 2 wires in the back of one of the blanking panels next to the heated screen switch. Any ideas what that could be for? Also what are the 3 holes between the heated screen and rear window switches are for?

Looking good mate

The connector could be for an esp off switch

Which switch panel was it behind?

If I recall correctly from left to right the switches are -

Passenger airbag deactivation notification, front demister control, rear demister control, and depending on model the last one is either the esp deactivation switch or if you have the rare sunroof it will be the sunroof control switch.(maybe on the cc model it could also be the roof control switch too)

I also believe the vents in the middle are for a temperature sensor if you have the electronic climate control fitted rather than the standard manual aircon system.

The plug was tucked in the back of the blanking panel on the left. Cheers!

Heated seats in my mondeo

????

Looks very nice and neat! I would love a centre console like that, what model is it from, because I have a 2.5 focus, and it has the same centre console as my previous 2005 mk 2 (alas without the armrest).

Rick it's a Titanium?

The plug was tucked in the back of the blanking panel on the left. Cheers!

Definitely the cable for the passenger airbag deactivation alert.-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170939759711?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170914809735?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The switch goes in the glovebox in the push out hole next to the aux port position.

The cable for this is present taped up out of the way in all Focus Mk2 and above, and is often mistaken for an unused/not installed aux cable in any focus without one already in place.

It must be only titaniums then, because I was a little gutted about that for mine....will have to go on the search because I can never find any on eBay. Thanks though :)

Rick there are 2 on eBay at minute!

Thats great, bidding on the 1st one definatly! I take it the arm rest is seperate then?

Ok so I managed to pull the centre console out using the useful How To Guide then spotted the Garage door'd storage unit is held in by a little bracket at the front secured by 2 screws undid them and it almost fell into my lap (So to speak)

I've now wrapped the Garage door and centre console so they all match the spokes on the steering wheel!

A2ED900A-8748-40F1-A713-CB81CEDDAF9D-693

Looks great , nice and tidy job you have done there

Cheers Preee. Pretty happy with how it turned out!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey RickG !! Its a request if you are trying to chang your garage door on your own then please don't do that please do call the repaire, you won't believe i have seen lot many dangerour accidents!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club