Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Facelift Rear Lights

Richbaker22

Hi I've brought some mk6 facelift rear lights to fit to my pre facelift fiesta after reading online and contacting someone who had done it before it looked like it would be a straight swap.

So just gone to do it and they are different plugs the light will fit in fine all the screw holes / fitting holes are in the right place but the plugs are different is there any adapters out there for this? Or any guide on how to modifiy them to fit? A few people gave said its a straight swap so I think they must of produced 2 versions of the facelift lights after a certain year maby they changed the plugs? I don't know but any help would be good as I can't find any guide as to get around this but I have seen many pre facelift fiestas with these lights.

Thanks

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/38-fiesta-mk-6-65-prefacelift-facelift-brakelight-conversion/

Thats a guide ive made you do indeed need to change the plugs and you also need to run an extra wire because the facelift lights have two reverse lights and two fog light whereas the prefacelift only has one of each. I got the plugs for mine off an autoelectrician

No problem theres a picture of the plug I used in that guide. I shouldve taken a few more pictures for thr guide I might take the lights back out and add a few more pictures to the guide. Like I said it is definately possible hopefully the guide ive done will give you an idea of what you need to do it

Yea I think so mate do you have any idea what that plug is called? And do you just wire them I'm the same as they are on the lights (but connect the 2 that need it)

Tganks

Ill have a look to see if I can find the name of the plug for you. What you basically need to do is cut the existing plugs off the wiring for the lights and the car wiring and wire them into the new plugs and run a wire between the 2 lights (1) wired in with the fog light wire on one side and wired into the foglight pin on the corresponding plug (2) do the same with the reverse light wire. I got an autoelectrician to wire the plugs/extra wires up for me and it only cost about £15 but its worth it its one of the best mods ive done to the car.

Could you just get rid if the plugs completely? And hook the wires up together?

I suppose but that would make it alot more awkward to connect up the additional wires and itd be a nightmare changing bulhs when it came to it. I forgot to find the plugs for you due to me dying of man flu in bed lol ill have a look in a min and see what I can find for you

http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/39/category/7

Product code 051305 (12 connections) thats the same plugs I've got. You basically crimp the wires into the metal bits than push the metal bit into the plug. Just make sure that if for example you put the brake light wire in the top left connection of the block you do the same with the other plug that its plugging into obviously. And you'll need a bit of 2core wire to run between the 2 lights ill find that in a min for you. Basically the side on your original lights with your fog light you need to identify the fog light wire and when you wire the plug for that side put one of the 2 wires from the 2core in with the foglight wire and wire the other end of the 2 core wire into its own connection on the opposite light that hasnt got its own foglight wire and obviously same with the reverse light wire.

If you're not confident on how to wire it get an auto electrician to do it for you. It shouldbt cost alot.

Ok thanks I should be able to do it I hope :) I can't mess it up too much giving it a go I wouldn't of thought

Take a picture of how its wired up orignally and that way if the worst comes to the worse youve got something to refer to.

Any progress mate?

Hey Dan,

Just to say thanks very much for replying to Rich and providing a link to your guide. I'm looking to do this mod in the summer.

Is it really quite simple to wire the lights up then? If you manage to provide more info on that when you can that would be immense.

Cheers

Im gona try and knock up a wiring guide over the next few weekends if I can get on where its not raining ill keep you posted

Im gona try and knock up a wiring guide over the next few weekends if I can get on where its not raining ill keep you posted

No rush at all, if you get a chance to do that it would be fantastic :D

Haven't started mate I'm not 100% clear on what I have to do I've been working on my bumper instead the last few days I'd also love it if you could post sonething up with more info + pics ect cheers mate

Rich

What ill do is ill take a picture of how my plugs are wired up so if you buy those plugs i posted a link to wire them up the same. Ill also show how to run the additional wire required :) just need to get chance to do it

• 4 weeks later...

*UPDATE* If you go to the guide ive made I've now had an attempt at making a wiring guide for this as best i can. Ive never made one before so its not brilliant but it should help you. Any questions just ask and i should be able to help you out

• 2 years later...

Hi all I've just joined this site and I've made a video on YouTube to show you how to do the back and front lights because I couldn't find one to show me,hope this helps :)

• 8 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club