AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnson

noise coming from wheel

3 posts in this topic

Yesterday and today a noise seems to be coming from the passenger side front wheel when I am turning corners. It sounds like it is scrapping or grinding on something. It doesn’t happen with every turn, but is quite loud and happens often. I looked at the wheel and cannot see anything obvious what would obstruct the wheel or contribute to the sound. any ideas (in girl terms!!!) what it could be?i only had an mot last week, so seems odd!thanks in advance.

most likely a wheel bearing thats gone

Yesterday and today a noise seems to be coming from the passenger side front wheel when I am turning corners. It sounds like it is scrapping or grinding on something. It doesn’t happen with every turn, but is quite loud and happens often. I looked at the wheel and cannot see anything obvious what would obstruct the wheel or contribute to the sound. any ideas (in girl terms!!!) what it could be?i only had an mot last week, so seems odd!thanks in advance.
They should of found a wheel bearing problem on mot, more likely to be a constant velocity joint on a drive shaft if it's on slow turns, wheel bearing will rumble on bends and go quiet on the straight....til it gets real bad.