• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnson

johnson

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: ka
Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

Yesterday and today a noise seems to be coming from the passenger side front wheel when I am turning corners. It sounds like it is scrapping or grinding on something. It doesn’t happen with every turn, but is quite loud and happens often. I looked at the wheel and cannot see anything obvious what would obstruct the wheel or contribute to the sound. any ideas (in girl terms!!!) what it could be?i only had an mot last week, so seems odd!thanks in advance.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:42 PM

most likely a wheel bearing thats gone

#3 Hoke

Hoke

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Edge 04

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

Yesterday and today a noise seems to be coming from the passenger side front wheel when I am turning corners. It sounds like it is scrapping or grinding on something. It doesn’t happen with every turn, but is quite loud and happens often. I looked at the wheel and cannot see anything obvious what would obstruct the wheel or contribute to the sound. any ideas (in girl terms!!!) what it could be?i only had an mot last week, so seems odd!thanks in advance.

They should of found a wheel bearing problem on mot, more likely to be a constant velocity joint on a drive shaft if it's on slow turns, wheel bearing will rumble on bends and go quiet on the straight....til it gets real bad.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users