3 replies to this topic

#1 alanmcconnell

alanmcconnell

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:50 PM

I drive a 07 plate fiesta.

Unfortunately my jacket was stolen on a night out last weekend with my car keys in the pocket.

The key stolen was the one with the buttons on it for remote locking and opening the boot.

I still have another key without buttons which can open the doors and start the engine. It has a blue bit at the top corner with the "W1" on it.

I've been told getting a new key with the buttons on it from my dealer will cost me over a hundred quid, obviously i'd rather not have to pay as much as this!

Does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives to this?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 johnnymac16

johnnymac16

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium X

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:01 PM

i dont think there is a cheaper alternative as its more like ur security of the car thats why it costs alot for new chips etc.

I got a quote on my 58 plate fiesta to get an extra spare keyless entry fob for my car and it costs over a hundred quid for that, but luckily ford gave me a spare one anyway as im supposedlt a good customer with 4 new cars in 4 years..

good luck!

#3 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:56 PM

TBH rather than worrying about a key replacement I would be thinking more about getting the locks changed. Your coat was stolen so whats saying they didnt follow you home and then will come back for the car at a later date? Report the theft to the Police cos if they do and you havent your insurance might not pay out if they find it was taken with keys stolen in a jacket and not reported.

#4 Air Hostess

Air Hostess

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Ford Model: 2008 Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4i

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

TBH rather than worrying about a key replacement I would be thinking more about getting the locks changed. Your coat was stolen so whats saying they didnt follow you home and then will come back for the car at a later date? Report the theft to the Police cos if they do and you havent your insurance might not pay out if they find it was taken with keys stolen in a jacket and not reported.

Wise words SY99,My fezzi came with 2 remote keys and my friend went to her FMD and got another remote key cut for her Mondeo Ghia and coded for 40 but to be honest I really got to agree with SY99 get the locks changed as soon as possible,some insurance companys cover this in their schedule (mine does zurich) as well as some of your credit companys will change the locks if you have got a credit card protection system with them like sentinal, best of luck ,but do report it and get the locks changed

Kristal

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users