Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Pad Picture Update...

frostman83

Noob question here. My front pads only about a quarter is touching the disc if that makes sense. There not fully flush to the disc and there doest appear to be even wear. Is this normal or do they need replacing

The pad should be in contact with the disk pretty much all the time sounds like one of youre pistons is stuck

Agreed.

They should sit flat, at an angle you're likely to get brake fade, early wear and a lot of squealing.

It does sound like the pistons stuck and that brake isnt working at all

I will get a photo of it tomorrow and see what you guys think.

I presume the whole pad should sit flush with the disc. Only about a quarter is at the top that I can see.

I bought it from a ford dealer. It's had a service and mot too. Strange.

Do you know if it has just has new pads fitted?

I have only seen this problem once, after i changed the pads on a mates fiesta mk6. After some bedding in they were fine.

Not sure about new pads. They certainly have a fair bit left on them that's for sure.

If the disks are nice and shiny and the pads look very clean then they may be new as stef said hows the car when braking does it pull to one side or take a while to stop

also, is the pad contact identical on both sides?

It doesn't pull to one side but the brakes don't seem really sharp I'd say the feel ok. And yes same contact on both sides !?

It doesn't pull to one side but the brakes don't seem really sharp I'd say the feel ok. And yes same contact on both sides !?

If the pads don't have full contact then the brakes wont feel very sharp/confident.

I think I'm going to replace them after why you guys say.

If in any doubt then you are probably best/safer to change them. Also inspect the caliper/carrier when you do so.

so here is the brake pad i posted about yesterday. can you see the angle its on i.e, not full contact?i pressume it should have full contact?or is the angle bit depressed on the disc when i brake? looking abit rusty also? sound like a woman i know

2ld9lc5.jpg

merging the threads...

from the picture for one those disks are passed it the scoring or rusty lines with the metal between shows that the brakes arent making full contact either through the brakes needing a good clean and grese up or the disk possibly being warped the slight angle on the top of the pad is normal it is actually in contact with the disk if it were me personally ide have the caliper checked and greased up whilst havint the disks and pads replaced once home i would paint the calipers

That's picture looks worse than it is. I cleaned the car yesterday they look more silver now.

What does it look like after driving the car around the block and using the brakes a few times?

I'm struggling to see any gap from that picture to be honest.

I can see that towards the top of the pad it does appear to slope away but it looks like it could be a chamfer on the edge of the material?

Plenty of meat on those pads and the discs don't look too old either

if the disks cleaned up they are likely fine then the old ford pads i had in the shed do indeed have a chamfered edge top and bottom that looks decieving the actual pad still makes contact with the disk you cant see it because of that edge

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club