Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

filbo

Wing Mirror Cover Removal

6 posts in this topic

Would anyone be able to advise about how to remove and replace a wing mirror cover plate for a 2011Fiesta?

Thanks

Hi It is in the hand book under replacing bulb you have to press it in to and pull just tabs holding it in place but they do break if your fitting a new one look at the tabs to locate the bit you have to press in (side next to window I think)

Hi Dave

Thanks - I don't know why I didn't look inn the handbook. Sometimes the most obvious things are right in front of you!

With all good wishes

Bob

Hi Bob glad I have been of some help.

Dave

ive just removed mine very easy to do , tilt the mirror glass inwards then put your fingers behind the glass then pull off , mine came off quite easy then with the mirror glass removed you can see the 3 top clips that hold the caps on i used a screwdriver to lever and push until the caps unclip.

ive just removed mine very easy to do , tilt the mirror glass inwards then put your fingers behind the glass then pull off , mine came off quite easy then with the mirror glass removed you can see the 3 top clips that hold the caps on i used a screwdriver to lever and push until the caps unclip.

Hi Karl

Many thanks, I've done the job now but its useful to have the tip about mirror removal - I'm sure this makes things a little easier.

With all good wishes

Bob