Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Sync - Step Backwards

igglepiggle

Seems with Sync , you lose as much as you gain , and if the speech recognition is worse that does not help , you would have thought they would have been able to have kept the climate control function

Hear hear!

I thought the ford system before this was bad. I was wrong! That was bad enough, but this is typical Microsoft! Slow and crashes too often...

Roll on a million updates.

HANG ON!! I thought you could control the air con! Man that's rubbish if you can't, I use it all the time.

So Sync is crap? >.<

The current system now is great...

HANG ON!! I thought you could control the air con! Man that's rubbish if you can't, I use it all the time.

Nope all you can use it with is your phone and Usb.

I think its a bad move getting microshaft to help with the system and im glad i didnt pay to have the system put in

Hopefully with time it will evolve and get better with apps etc

In the US theres been issues with Microsoft Sync (and MyFord Touch) crashing and certain functions just refusing to work, but theres been a few upgrades and from what I've read it works alot better now than it first did.

I'm guessing we must just have a dumbed down version as the US version can pretty much control everything, and it features/or is compatiable with various apps.

I would actually say then it's possible in the future a firmware update will allow the same control as we have now if the US versions do it.

The American version looks terrible though if it's what I saw a month or so back >.<

Ford Fiesta Titanium Auto collected yesterday.

Love the car, new design and features, except Sync.

I find it hard to use, you cannot control the CD, Radio or Climate from it. I feel very let down with the implementation of this for the UK market. I agree, one major backwards step and a let down.

So what does sync do that the old system didn't then?

So what does sync do that the old system didn't then?

So far all i can see is that you can ask it to play a track off your Ipod instead of track number, and that you dont have to program in contacts names and numbers the system guesses what you mean in your phonebook.

there might be more features but i find it just as easy to press buttons on the stereo for next track etc

• 1 month later...

I have sync and hate it :(

Never plays my tracks in number order off a USB stick so there all over the place.

Anyone want a Sync Module ;)

I also dislike using Sync, shame you had to have it for the DAB radio. It seems to freeze on certain playlists, freeze whenever I choose a song manually, play my tracks out of order, doesn't like to shuffle, restarts a shuffled playlist when the radio is restarted, never recognizes voice commands for stored phone numbers, and is a pain in the rear to change options on.

...Well at least we are all 'sync'd' regarding our feelings on the thing! :whistling:

...Hell, i actually miss the blue indicator light on the side of the screen display!! :blink: I have to admit though, i love having the screen display a 'park pilot' when in reverse, its something i didn't know it would do with the rear park sensors.. Not sure if it is a Sync thing, but is a really good addition giving visual as well as the audio, and the stereo mutes when in reverse so the beeps are heard.

Voice commands, give this a try - insert a contact into your phone called 'home' and then try giving a voice command saying 'call home' it called a contact in my phone book called 'Ben' :angry:

I gave up trying! I'm born and bred english and have a plain accent.

You think you've got problems...

:D :D :D

• Like 1

Hmm getting worried about the reviews of the sync system! Their is a ford sync website though where you can get updates etc. Can't remember the web address, will look later as I'm at work at the mo.

Web site's only for US car :(

We're ment to go to our dealer for ours but don't thing there are any yet :(

Its very similar to Fiat's Blue and me that I had in my Previous Punto but I have to say the Ford one works so much better. In the Punto you'd be lucky if it picked up a name one in 20 times. This has done it almost every time........ Except for "home" nothing I say will get it to go to home lol

If it could play track 1 first instead of sorting everything in alphabetical order I'd be happy.

And it does the classic ipod thing by stopping at the end of each album instead of playing the next one.

Pile of pap.

This is the website:

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/LandingPage/ManageSync.aspx

Not sure if it's US only? But it does seem to be an American site. I can't be bothered to visit the dealer every time an update is release, hopefully we'll be trusted enough to update our own like we can with the non Sync systems.

This is the website:

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/LandingPage/ManageSync.aspx

Not sure if it's US only? But it does seem to be an American site. I can't be bothered to visit the dealer every time an update is release, hopefully we'll be trusted enough to update our own like we can with the non Sync systems.

I just tried registering but keep getting an error with the VIN number so I think it's a US only site :( oh well, worth a try.

Cheers Mark :)

That site is for the US. The UK page will be here: http://www.ford.co.uk/experience-ford/Technology/fordsync

Scroll to the table at the bottom and click 'SYNC Upgrades'

Currently says:

Ford SYNC upgrades

Ford SYNC technology is constantly evolving for example, its language capabilities are becoming more sophisticated all the time. And youll be able to integrate the improvements and new services into your SYNC version, as theyre released.

Currently, you can have the updates downloaded directly, by taking your car to your local Ford dealer.

And soon youll be able to simply download them from our website onto a USB stick. You can then slot this into the USB port in your car and transfer the new services and updates yourself.

• Like 1

Hi, well the current sync system in the UK is a partnership with Ford, Microsoft and Nuance Communications. Nuance Communications are the people responsible for the voice recognition, not Microsoft, and they also produce the excellent 'Dragon' voice recognition software, which has a very good reputation. I've never heard of the UK version of sync crashing at all and in the US the original issues that the Sync system had have just about all been ironed out. One of the problems with developing the new sync system was the many different languages and dialects within the European community, which is why it landed here later than in the states. I am sure that Ford are aware of the limitations it has at present, and, along with its partners, are probably working upon updates to put this all back again.

Cheers,

Chris

That site is for the US. The UK page will be here: http://www.ford.co.uk/experience-ford/Technology/fordsync

Scroll to the table at the bottom and click 'SYNC Upgrades'

Currently says:

And soon you’ll be able to simply download them from our website onto a USB stick. You can then slot this into the USB port in your car and transfer the new services and updates yourself.

music to my ears :D

Thanks mate, great to hear we will be able to do it ourselves.