Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Take Off Struts

Avenger1978

Im new to the forum so hope someone can help me out.

i have swapped my Mgzr diesel for a 04 mondeo Ghia x diesel because its a very nice car and lots of toys inside, any hows the guy was selling his car because the front O/s wheel feels like its falling off when going over bumps.. so i went to have a look and its just had a new suspension on O/S and it only started doing that after it been changed so it went back to the garage, the garage put new drop links on but didnt no want the noise was and give up .... so i did some homework on it and found out its because of the top strut asnt been put on in the right position ( the garage never redid the top strut) you can put it on in 3 different ways but only one is the correct way im i right? so can i take the all the suspension out and turn the strut round in it right position and reconnect every thing who its not that simple? will i need to compress the coil again if i take the top strut off? thanks

just to mention i can see the green line on the strut and its facing from wheel to wheel, i have been told its meant to be running para-rel with the wing

What ways is the strut mount facing on the other side?

its same facing from wheel to wheel but i was looking again bit ago and drop links look like there are old ones not new, looks like the old owner got lied to by his garage who said there change both sides but havent... just been looking at the receipts to prove there got changed 8 days ago

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club