Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014
Contributor

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

Like I said if you do mess up you can easily just buy the bit again from eBay or something for next to nothing :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Fiesta1.25

Fiesta1.25

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Name: alan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

Sounds good :-) and if the paint finish is a good one then it will make a huge difference :-)

#18 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0003.jpg
Front grill and plastic front bumper colour coded when I had the body kit bumper attached to it :)

DSC_0001.jpg

Colour coded wing mirrors

#19 Fiesta1.25

Fiesta1.25

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Contributor

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

cool thanks for uploading the photos dan :)  the colour match and quality of the finish looks minted :)

i have the two part bumper (with the black textured lower section) did you remove the lower section and attatch the bodykit bumper to top part of the bumper?

#20 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

I had the 2 part bumper aswel with the plastic bit at the bottom. The body kit I got fixed to that bottom bit of the bumper. I think they took the full front bumper off and just resprayed the full lot including the black plastic bottom section

#21 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

If you look at the about me section on my profile theres a link to my albums for my car which shows it before and after

#22 Fiesta1.25

Fiesta1.25

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Contributor

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Cool I might just spray the lower section of my bumpers, I replaced the lower section front with one with fog surrounds so I could fit the front foglights, I wish I had thought ahead to the colour coding back then though lol, at least I know that the finished result looks good :-)
I had a look at your before and after pictures,looks like a minted car you have there:-) I have been wanting to fit facelift rear lights too(do you have a wiring guide)? And also I've been looking at the Lockwood dials too , were they easy to fit? I'm not too keen on the white its more the blue lights I'm after(to go with the blue switches on my dash), I'm sure I saw somewhere that its possible to scrape the green filter off the speedo numbers?

#23 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

I wanted to fit fog lights aswel but then realised after I fitted my bodykit that you cant fit foglights to that bumper lol if id realised idve got a new bumper before I fitted the bodykit. The car looks alright im dying for some decent weather so I can give it a right good clean lol and take some fully upto date pictures off it. The Lockwood dial kits an absolute doddle to fit if you go to the fiesta guides section I've done a guide for the Lockwood kit and for the facelift brakelight conversions :) you can get the dial kit in silver and black aswell with with the blue illumination i think. When the weathers better im going to update the guide for the brakelights to a more detailed one.

#24 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,517 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

I'd also recommend a filler primer too for any trim areas that have a textured effect, that way you can have it looking like a panel rather than just a painted dash :P

#25 Fiesta1.25

Fiesta1.25

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Contributor

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

Cheers for the info dav :-) is that just standard stuff that I could pick up in halfords and the like? Do I have to put a primer on top of the "filler primer"?

#26 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

I'd also recommend a filler primer too for any trim areas that have a textured effect, that way you can have it looking like a panel rather than just a painted dash :P

Could also just sand the textured plastic with fine sandpaper and polish it up with wire wool then brasso and a cloth to smooth it properly :)

#27 Fiesta1.25

Fiesta1.25

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Contributor

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

What did you do dan? I'm thinking that I could get away with just smoothing the door bump strips and boot handle with sandpaper, but may need to use the filler primer on bigger areas such as the bumpers?
Also what about the door handles? What method should be used on them to give the best results?

#28 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

My mate actually sprayed mine he's a spray painter lol. I just did my interior myself. The likes of the door handles and wing mirrors should be ok just to paint. Its only realy the front bumper etc. My mate just sprayed my bumper with the body kit covering most of it anyway. You can just about see its textured if you look closely. Id personally sand it and and then use wire wool on it then brasso to finish it off if you're wanting to make a proprr job of it. Either way its gona take abit of work. Eithrr that or change the bumper for a fully coloured one thats meant to be painted :)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users