Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Zetec-S This Saturday!

The Dark Knight

Well I did the deal! TCH at Derby had one in stock and did me the best deal. It's race red and has privacy glass and a spare wheel (which isn't standard apparently). I am looking forward to both the car and saving money because on all fronts this car will save me money which is what I need with my Uni fees!

A few years ago I owned a facelift Fiesta ST with the minor mod of induction kit. Now despite that clearly being a faster car than the new Zetec-S, it didn't really feel it. That's because I always found that the ST needed revving to get the best from it whereas on the test drive, the Zetec-S felt very lively with little effort thanks to the turbo and an extremely smooth engine too.

Not that I bought this for speed of course, its about saving money whilst getting a car which offers good value for money. Quite a novelty not having to pay any road tax! Happy with my choice and looking forward to Saturday morning.

Well done to you. The Zetec S is lovely car, not driven the new MK8 in fact I haven't seen one on the road yet,but I love my MK7 which like you I bought partly to save money, I have £120 tax but still better than my previous cars over £200.

I am sure you will enjoy it.

Nothing better than the morning of picking up a new car , good luck with the new motor.

Cheers guys. One more sleep to new car and less money spent! It doesn't come with mats and I bet the dealers prices are steep. Any thoughts on where to get genuine Fiesta mats from for a cheap price? I have had a nosey on amazon and eBay but although the Mk8 is essentially the same as the Mk7, the sellers of Mk7 mats suggest they aren't suitable for the new model. Confused!

Cheers guys. One more sleep to new car and less money spent! It doesn't come with mats and I bet the dealers prices are steep. Any thoughts on where to get genuine Fiesta mats from for a cheap price? I have had a nosey on Amazon and Ebay but although the Mk8 is essentially the same as the Mk7, the sellers of Mk7 mats suggest they aren't suitable for the new model. Confused!

Not sure if this would help http://www.valuecarmats.com - you can use a discount code of: IWANTADEAL to knock 40% off

Good luck with the new motor

thats stupid cause they are they have only changed panels. ive ordered a new st today in white cant wait either my zs is for sale maybe i should put it on here heyx

Not sure if this would help http://www.valuecarmats.com - you can use a discount code of: IWANTADEAL to knock 40% off

Good luck with the new motor

Just ordered a set of these, they are on special offer at £14.95 with delivery and the discount paid just £11.84 what a great deal! Many thanks for the link, I had been looking for some proper fitting mats rather then the Halfords cheap ones I had.

Do they fit in the new models then ? I need to get myself a set..

Sorry to hijack your thread a bit but I've just noticed that the facelift zs tdci engine(147) have 10 less lb/ft of torque than the pre facelift(156) I thought they were the same engine

Same engine, just not using the Overboost figures as the main torque figure.

Well here it is:

Very pleased with it. Smooth as silk with more than enough poke and I averaged 48mpg coming home which was mostly town driving and the engine isn't even run in yet!

IMG_1021_zps616f82f2.jpg

IMG_1019_zpsaf24e338.jpg

IMG_1020_zpsf0c599a3.jpg

Nice to see a positive mpg marker as the sub 40's that people have claimed were starting to worry me

Looking nice Dave in red :)

Just one question, on the Zetec S isn't the chrome boot strip ment to be painted?

Looking nice Dave in red :)

Just one question, on the Zetec S isn't the chrome boot strip ment to be painted?

No idea but I saw 2 more at the dealers that had chrome so I guess not...

Loving the new car mate looks great and also a bit meaner from the front! Interior is great too especially the black dashband the blue lighting for the clock and the mileage, very neat!

Black/chrome interior is nicer but think the new front end has a unfortunate whiff of Austin Allegro Vanden Plas about it....

Nah, nothing like one. As soon as I saw the new Fez I thought it was a great looking motor but the critics are right that Ford went down the Aston Martin route when designing the new front grille. Not that it's a bad thing lol.

2nd day in and really enjoying the nippiness of the car but even though I have been whizzing around town a lot, MPG has only dropped as low as 41. Old car was 28 so huge improvement already lol.

Didn't reckon much to the standard lights when driving home last night so just ordered some Philips bluevision ultra and matching sidelights.

Allegro

post-15879-0-77678800-1363541641_thumb.j

Allegro Vanden Plas

post-15879-0-83110900-1363541763_thumb.j

Fiesta

post-15879-0-61403200-1363541802_thumb.j

Feista Vanden Plas

post-15879-0-35916100-1363541988_thumb.j

You should have gone to specsavers mate. Facelift Fiesta is not only nothing like the allegro VP but its also a big improvement inside and out on the pre-facelift IMO. I took a 10 plate Fez Zetec-S 1.6 petrol for a spin once and the interior was not as nice as the new one and whilst performance figures will be similar I guess, the 1.6 felt like hard work. These new ecoboost engines just make it feel effortless and all the while hitting good MPG. Who needs a diesel with this award winning engine from Ford?

On the painted or chrome boot plate. Mine is painted candy blue.... Odd

On the painted or chrome boot plate. Mine is painted candy blue.... Odd

Hope mine comes in pink :/

Interesting. I wonder if the colour matching of the tailgate thingy is only if you have metallic paint cos the red is solid.

Just been out getting to grips with SYNC tonight. Its brilliant! Got an iPhone 5 and it worked perfectly. Naming the track finds it and then if you press the info button it tells you the artist, the track and the album!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club