• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Rob
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2013

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Evening all,

I'm new to this so we'll see how this goes.

Got my new fiesta titanium this month, and today was driving home to a fault appear saying Engine Malfunction Service Now, and the car completly loosing power, turned off the engine restarted and it was all ok.

Called Ford Assist to get them to make sure it was all okay, and the guy from the AA that came out said he couldnt find any fault or codes through his diagnostic computer.

Anyone else had this or seen this on the new fiesta?

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Willy

Willy

Mountune'd 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium (Midnight Sky)

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,366 posts
  • Name: Willy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium EcoBoost 125
Contributor

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Probably nothing mate. I had a similar thing happen to my focus when I got it but no one could find out why. It only happend once or twice and had nothing since (2 years)

#3 cookie2508

cookie2508

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Rob

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Thanks mate, the AA guy said similar actually, about his AA Transit, hopefully just a gremlin in the system, and nothing to worry about, just a bit unnerving driving when it happened out of the blue.

Suppose i can only keep an eye on it and see what happens

:)

#4 Marcr1

Marcr1

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Name: Marc
  • Ford Model: S1600
  • Year: 2012

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

My S1600 did this as well, restarted the engine and it didn't happen again.

I took it back to ford just to be on the safe side, they couldn't find a problem but changed some sensor as a precaution and put it down to the old one maybe faulty

#5 RyanC

RyanC

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK7 Facelift Zetec-S

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

My S1600 did this as well, restarted the engine and it didn't happen again.
I took it back to ford just to be on the safe side, they couldn't find a problem but changed some sensor as a precaution and put it down to the old one maybe faulty

Same thing happened my grandads new focus when he was driving home
Same fix as well

#6 Ford Mechanic Glasgow

Ford Mechanic Glasgow

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: simon
  • Ford Model: focus ST

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

Evening all,

I'm new to this so we'll see how this goes.

Got my new fiesta titanium this month, and today was driving home to a fault appear saying Engine Malfunction Service Now, and the car completly loosing power, turned off the engine restarted and it was all ok.

Called Ford Assist to get them to make sure it was all okay, and the guy from the AA that came out said he couldnt find any fault or codes through his diagnostic computer.

Anyone else had this or seen this on the new fiesta?

Thanks

I had the exact same problem as yourself a few weeks ago and the fault was the brake switch connection. if you look at the brake pedal there are two switches the multi plugs that go into them are sometimes loose and require taken out and pushed right home and possibly cable tied in place.

#7 Dougal

Dougal

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Name: Craig
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Zetec 1.6TDCI (115)
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

Had the same with my first Fiesta (2009). Quite often go an Engine Malfunction error. Never left a code though and the dealer never solved it.

#8 cuke

cuke

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X
  • Year: 2011

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

Hi, I can't see how any of the replies actually are relevant, they are mostly from different cars, different engines and the OP doesn't say what engine he has either. If it is a diesel then it might well be related to a regeneration of the dpf, however we don't know that Personally, as I have no reports of engine malfunctions with the 2013 Fiesta in other forums, I'd treat it is a one off, just a clitch.

#9 Hayd

Hayd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Hayden
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium - X

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

I have had my new Fiesta Titanium-X for 3 months, had this engine malfunction problem from a week after purchase, garage checked out told me they were aware of the problem and awaiting a fix. It's going back in this week as now not only do we get the engine malfunction, we couldn't lock the car on 2 occasions without restarting the engine and also the ipod dock no longer works properly just crashes. 

This is completely unacceptable in a new vehicle , anyone else had these other symptoms ?

#10 FrankyY

FrankyY

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Frank
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.0 EcoBoost

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

We bought our Focus 1.0 Eco boost in March 2013, since then the same 'Engine Malfunction' light has appeared several times (over 20 easily already). We loose power in the car and then its starts ok as soon as we re start it.

The fault never logs on the diagnosis report and it has been in the garage twice, both times have lead to nothing they can do. We have since started taking photo's of the screen and evidence of date and times incase we need to pursue further.

We strangely got a call from the sales dept saying they recognised the car and were we having problems with it?They are now looking at numbers to replace it. We have said we have lost confidence in the car and that it is not of merchable quality and not fit for purpose.

#11 lanzaman

lanzaman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: nick
  • Ford Model: 1.0 eco boost zetec
  • Year: 2014

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Got the car in May, been having this problem a lot. Been to Ford they can't find a fault. AA been and they can't find a fault. Going back to Ford on Friday. If they can't find anything, I'm leaving the car and giving them the keys. If they think it's ok, they can have it and drive it, I've had too many near misses to trust driving it anywhere!!!!

#12 lucyjayne89

lucyjayne89

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Lucy
  • Ford Model: ford fiesta eco boost 1ltr

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

Hello all,

I have had this problem too and mine is now hoepfully fixed! I have a 2013 fiesta Ecoboost 1ltr The light/warning kept coming on/going off so took it back 3 times. The final time i told them i did not want it back until i knew it was safe. They drove it around for a week as the diagnostic computer showed nothing. Eventually the light/warning came on whilst they had it and they plugged it in whilst the light/warning was actually showing on the car. This did give a Fault Code! Mine was something to do with the throttle body and has now been replaced. I only had it fixed this week but so far so good! I really hope this helps someone to get their car fixed too!

#13 Spacer

Spacer

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Name: Cazra

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

Hi,

I have a fiesta 2013 that has  come up with the engine malfunction and the spanner sign 4 times. I have had it since 7th of April and have done 2800 miles. It's been back to the garage and they couldn't find a fault. It happened again a week ago and this time it spluttered to a stop. It started again and it's now back in the garage. They are saying they can't do anything unless it comes up with the fault and plan to drive it around until the fault comes up. Meanwhile I am paying for a car that I am not using and I am not very happy at all. 

#14 Ru4hie

Ru4hie

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Name: daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta St2

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

Anyone else noticed this seems to be happening to new members who's only post is about this engine malfunction?

#15 FiestaZS90150

FiestaZS90150

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Name: Nicolas
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 2013 1.0 Ecoboost Racing Red

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

Just happened to me this afternoon, Engin malufunction service now cam up with a nice little orange spanner. So i turned the car off and started it back over. Was luck caus ei was in germany (living in france) and i could not have called assistance with my phone!!

I though it was the 20 000 Km service warning as i am a 19 200km now, but apparently not... its going in for service in two days so i will mention it. I hope this wont happen when overtaking on the motorway.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users