Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Fiesta - Engine Malfunction???

cookie2508

Hi all, my car is nearly a year and a half old now and I was getting no revs, ie start it up and after about 5 mins it would not rev, would last about 10 mins then it would be fine, had no warning lights, it went back to the dealership but they could not find anything wrong, it did this for the first year. After it had its first service it has not done it since but the dealership said they did nothing, very strange.

• 2 years later...

Hey Guys I have All new ford Fiesta. Now I have this engine malfunction problem. I didnt take it to the service centre yet and i will do it this week. But i saw the above replies. Have anyone fixed the issue from the service centre or on your own?

Hi guys, some help if possible!

my fiesta ST180 has just come up with the 'engine malfunction service now' I was traveling at national speed limit down the dual carriageway and the car had a brief loss in power and then displayed the message on my display with the yellow spanner on my dials. When I go to accelerate I hear my turbo spooling but get minimal power. To me it sounds like a boost pipe that's come loose due to hearing a lot of air and the turbo being louder than usual. 

If anyone could give me an idea before slinging it into ford would be great. Starting to loose the will to live with the problems now! 

• 3 years later...

Ive had map sensor moderate sensor changes air pump  63 plate  ford fiesta titanium.  And yet again engine malfuncition  i was driving  40mph  came to lights handbrake on.  Lights changed  put it into first gear handbrake off.  Engine malfunction warning light again.  Juggered along.  I notice if putting  on  stop  it juggers  had   to keep handbrake  off at  lights  to  keep the  power  going  in  limp  modr  to  get  it  too my gsrage.  My  3rd  wkend  in  a  row  no  car.   Hellllpppppp!!!!  Any  ideas  all  the  same  fault  codes as  before.  I will see if same codes tomorrow  wen my car being looled at again

• 2 months later...

I have been reading the posts below, did anyone find out what their problem was?

- I am now having the same problem with my 62 plate Ford Fiesta 2012 - now March 2020. 

Engine Malfunction - bservixe now came up on my dash board 3 times now in a month. 

Took it to the garage and was told I they need to sign to be in the dash board when I take the car to them. 

Now I am scared to drive my car esp on the motorway. 

Can anyone help me please, what your engine malfunction warning light problem was about? 

I would be very greatful. Thank you in advance 

You need to by a cheap obd2 code reader and plug it into the obd2 connector. Read the codes and it will point you to what is causing the engine warning light to come on. If it's got a freeze frame it will capture all the engine data when the problem occured, which might be helpful.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi have Ford Fiesta 2011 1.5 diesel malfunction light came on and it lost power wouldn’t go above 100km turn of on car it’s fine now what was it 

10 hours ago, Nicky 12 said:

Hi have Ford Fiesta 2011 1.5 diesel malfunction light came on and it lost power wouldn’t go above 100km turn of on car it’s fine now what was it 

Throw a dart at my magic dart board in order to find out20210131_224104.thumb.jpg.735481130dd9989c7b26fed9e1a5835b.jpg

Maybe I can read your future through my crystal ball next?

And yes, my reply is very sarcastic because literally every reply to this topic says "you need to read the codes", and yet here we still are.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I bought my Ford Fiesta Style 2013 model in 2019. The engine malfunction sign has come up on numerous occasions. The dealer I purchased the car from ran a diagnostic with the engine malfunction alert on and the code indicated the accelerator. I got this part replaced and the sign is still coming up. The dealer ran the diagnostic again and reset the computer but it still came up. Anyone any ideas what else could be causing this? Your help is really appreciated!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club