Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

betterthanjordan79

Help With Fiesta Mk6 Radio Wiring Harness

6 posts in this topic

HI Guys, got a quick question that I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with. I'm replacing the OEM radio in my MK6 fiesta with an after market one and I have bought a wiring loom, but there one stray wire that I'm not sure what it does, if you look at the photo below it makes more sense.

lrgscaleshop_large_connects2_b_con-ct20f

Its the pink wire here. On the radio connection it collects to pin14. Hope someone can help me out with this.

Thanks,

Daniel

Ive got the same 1 aswell mate. I havent bought a cd player to connect it to yet though. I bought mine off amazon and when i emailed the company that supplied it they told me that its just an extra wire that isnt used and that i should just tape it up. I havent been able to get this confirmed anywhere else though...

It's probably for (optionally) connecting a remote stalk beside the steering wheel.

I'm 99.9% sure its for fitting an electric (auto up/down) ariel?

That would pretty much be the case.

As many cars use fixed aerials now that cable will be defunct but they still have to fit the wire just in case.

Cheers guys! I was just worried in-case it had a current running through it or if it was an earth or something. Anyways I just isolated it so it shouldn't cause me any trouble. Thanks for all the reply's!