Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Rampage646

Will My Fiesta Pass It's Mot?

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My fiesta has it's MOT due soon and there are some points which are causing me worry. These things are:

Broken Door Mirror (Near Side)

- It's still attached to the car, wobbles around a little and the glass is smashed. You can't tilt the mirror because the motor is damaged, and this makes the mirror pretty much un-usable...

(No picture)

Damaged Bumper

- It's very small damage... There is a crack in the bumper, but it leaves part of a metal bar slightly exposed (not sure if it's the chassis). See picture below...

BD1_zps05d151de.jpg

Broken Headlight Connectors

- The headlights function perfectly, but the brackets or screws near the front bumper are snapped. See pictures

HL1_zps513f2acd.jpg

So... does it have much chance of passing the MOT?

Hopefully someone here will know the answer ;)

The bumper wont come into it, depending on who MOT's it it could, the mirror is advisory i think although i cant remember, best thing with the mirror would be to tell the garage where you are going so they could order you a new one, and as for the headlight, if its secure i cant see them being bothered too much, you could probably get a new light for the drivers side from a local scrappers these little fiestas are common as muck, maybe even get mirror there too. I will place my bet at pass with advisorys, good luck.

Your car will pass an mot with those faults, providing the headlight is secure.

As far as I know you need a driver mirror and one other - so no problems there.

Not sure about the door mirror, bumper should be fine but may get an advisory, the headlight may fail if has become loose as a result.

Some Araldite on the headlamp bracket will sort that. Just put a piece of plastic under the break in the bracket and cover the gap with the stuff.

if a mirror is fitted it must provide a view to the rear of the car.