Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dawnl

Sat Nav

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

Has anyone had a screen problem when starting car the screen is grainy the boxes appear dark blue and the back ground is a greyish colour. I switched off ignition and restarted and the screen cleared this has happened ever now and again for the past 2 years.

When I asked at the dealership they said it's because of a communication problem!!!!!!! didn't really want to question him too much sounded a bit weird to me. It still does it now and again but I just restart car, It's never happened in transit so I sort of put up with it.

Anyone else had this problem.

Hi,

Has anyone had a screen problem when starting car the screen is grainy the boxes appear dark blue and the back ground is a greyish colour. I switched off ignition and restarted and the screen cleared this has happened ever now and again for the past 2 years.

When I asked at the dealership they said it's because of a communication problem!!!!!!! didn't really want to question him too much sounded a bit weird to me. It still does it now and again but I just restart car, It's never happened in transit so I sort of put up with it.

Anyone else had this problem.

I did not go for ford sat nav - too expensive, needs discs purchased for map upgrades and can not be used in the second car. I however recall some of my friends were saying something about upgrade for a sat nav. Will ask around and post if I find anything.

I did not go for ford sat nav - too expensive, needs discs purchased for map upgrades and can not be used in the second car. I however recall some of my friends were saying something about upgrade for a sat nav. Will ask around and post if I find anything.

Ok,

effectively one of fellow smaxers had a problem which looks very much the same as yours. This was solved by installing the update. I suppose CD of the update was obtained in ford (not sure free or for a fee).

Instructions:

put the update cd in the drive, turn ignition on wait till CD is charged and the screen comes on, don't do anything before that, then you will see a progress bar, don't turn ignition off and don't switch off the sat nav before it finish.

I've got the upgrade, tried to install it myself,

my smax has the drive in the glove box, the instruction were telling me how to remove the screen panel to access drive.

we put the disc in our drive and the disc came up as not recognized.

I took it to the dealers and they couldn't do it either. (so helpful)

Wondering if your friends had the same problem, my smax is a 56

the upgrade was sent by the nav system manufacturer not ford.

I've got the upgrade, tried to install it myself,

my smax has the drive in the glove box, the instruction were telling me how to remove the screen panel to access drive.

we put the disc in our drive and the disc came up as not recognized.

I took it to the dealers and they couldn't do it either. (so helpful)

Wondering if your friends had the same problem, my smax is a 56

the upgrade was ordered by the dealer and arrived at his home address. It was working straight away. He is in belgium so you can't have the disc.

You might want to get your dealer order a new upgrade for the correct unit. It might be just a problem with the disc - happens every now and then.