Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrades For 1.6 Tdci

Atomicmachine

Hi

I just bought a Focus 1.6 tdci 90hp and now I'm already thinking what upgrades in the performance can I do with this car :)

I have been thinking in change the turbo for an GT1548v or the GT1549v but another options are welcome. for now the line I will try to reach is 150hp

as far as I know the car don't come with DPF so is one less thing to take out

what else can I do?

injectors?

I'm thinking in change the air filter for a k&n or something similar but in the K&N we have just the filter and that filter with K&N box, what I don't know if the box is worth. (is quite expensive)

I will take off the EGR ASAP

any ideas? thanks

I presume its the mk 2.5, if so its basically the same as mine.

I have been told that the 1.6 is not the best engine to upgrade really. The best one is the 2 litre but I suppose thats not an option. Just start with the basics, filter, exhaust.

The problem jumping in and changing turbo's and the such that it will put pressure on the existing components as well.

But I wish you luck and let us know how you do :)

Hi

I just bought a Focus 1.6 tdci 90hp and now I'm already thinking what upgrades in the performance can I do with this car :)

I have been thinking in change the turbo for an GT1548v or the GT1549v but another options are welcome. for now the line I will try to reach is 150hp

as far as I know the car don't come with DPF so is one less thing to take out

what else can I do?

injectors?

I'm thinking in change the air filter for a k&n or something similar but in the K&N we have just the filter and that filter with K&N box, what I don't know if the box is worth. (is quite expensive)

I will take off the EGR ASAP

any ideas? thanks

Welcome to the forum, the mk2.5 is the exact same car just different panels and dpf,

I too have a 1.6TDCi (90)

Got it remaped aswell as a 2.5" dpf back duplex exhaust and Green Performance induction filter,

Now its 120bhp 268nm torque

You an view my induction filter fitting guide in the list below my post,

In the guide is a 10% discount code to purchase from Pre racing.

Green induction is better built than K&N for better performance and increased MPG

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/36783-green-cotton-performance-induction-filter-fitting-guide/

110 injectors from the 1.6TDCi (110) model are the only difference in spec

Along with a remap would see around 140bhp

Tempted to fit those bad boys myself

A 2.5" exhaust is said to be best choice for the 1.6TDCi for best performance get 2.5" as close to the engine manifold as possible,

Have a look at my guides for fitting boost gauge and st pod etc.

the injectors I know that the one with 110 are the same, I just ask because I saw in a forum one guy that changed for the injectors from bmw 330d or 325d so...

related to the the turbo do you have any opinion? :)

related to the air filter: I always been fanactic to the Honda world and btw both they always choose K&N. Ford is new to me so why do you say green "is better"?

how much inch is the oem exhaust?

the injectors I know that the one with 110 are the same, I just ask because I saw in a forum one guy that changed for the injectors from bmw 330d or 325d so...

related to the the turbo do you have any opinion? :)

related to the air filter: I always been fanactic to the Honda world and btw both they always choose K&N. Ford is new to me so why do you say green "is better"?

I've saw the thread in TDOC uk where a guy fitted bmw injector nozzles and upgrade fuel pump,

I didn't take much interest to be honest as its a bit too far custom tuning for me,

I'm more in favour of keeping it ford but modified,

I like the idea of a hybrid turbo, but I've not looked in to it much,

I'm not sure what would be required along with the turbo, so if your upgrading I'll be taking notes and following lol

I researched Green performance induction compared to others and it showed K&N are mass produced at speed resulting in excess glue smearing out on to the cotton filter surface restricting flow,

Green cotton induction don't have any glue run on to the induction area,

566411275_o.jpg

Image2395.jpg

how much inch is the oem exhaust?

Its either 1.25" or 1.5" internal diameter,

it can not be only 1.5 internal diameter. REALLY?

I swear he injectors are different...

I know the fiesta your referring to, he upgraded to 110 injectors, then upgraded from there to the BMW units.

He is pushing 153 bhp and looking for more though!

it can not be only 1.5 internal diameter. REALLY?

I think it was 1.5" but I can't meassure it because I haven't got it anymore,

If you have a meassuring tape to hand then meassure the tail of your existing system and tell me something lol

But about the turbo for this engine? Anyone have any idea? Is making my head now

But about the turbo for this engine? Anyone have any idea? Is making my head now

Three people who can help you on this are:

Stephen who works for Garret turbo can tell you the spec and if the flange is identical for straight on bolting.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/user/31330-focus-ire/

Foca, who is a ledge when it comes to tuning or exhaust advise

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/user/38050-foca/

Arthur who is another ledge but more on the tuning of the zetec petrol engines

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/user/8800-artscot79/

Perhaps pm them requesting their response to you directly

Or

Help yourself and others by sending them a link to this thread and ask them to respond to your thread if they get a minute you would really appreciate their input and recommendations,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club