Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White 2013 Zetec S Delays!

jillianpa123

I'm new to this site so hi everyone!

I placed an order for the new zetec s white in December.

I've literally had delay after delay, been promised it every week for the last 2 months.

I know there was a problem with the white paint but I've seen a few online being sold for the past month, so thats resolved!

I was told last week it was in Southampton port and would be here today, phoned today and no sign of it.

anyone else having these problems? :/ getting abit annoying now

car is being delivered to belfast by the way!

I tried finding out today and I still don't have a firm build date -.-

I was told mines been built but no one has a clue when it will arrive. phoned today and was told it should be here by the 30th but ive been given so many dates I'm doubting everything now.

What colour of seats did you order?

80% of people are having trouble with delays I'd say and no one has a clear answer. Ford haven't organised this very well

Yeh they can be pretty poor with delays, mine took over 4 months in 2009 from order to delivery so you're not doing too bad so far.

I was told mines been built but no one has a clue when it will arrive. phoned today and was told it should be here by the 30th but ive been given so many dates I'm doubting everything now.

What colour of seats did you order?

Red ones for me. Ringing up tomorrow, if there still isn't a date I might ask if I can switch body colour.

Yea I ordered red too!

The dealer phoned a few weeks after my order and asked if I wanted to change colour.

The red and black looks good!

Have you actually seen the red seats? Not sure about them now

Yeh they can be pretty poor with delays, mine took over 4 months in 2009 from order to delivery so you're not doing too bad so far.

:| lets hope it doesn't come to 4 months lol

my frozen white st was built on the 5th march gate relesed 13th been told today its being shipped eta dealer 30th so i will have to tax my zs for a week ahhh

Yea I ordered red too!

The dealer phoned a few weeks after my order and asked if I wanted to change colour.

The red and black looks good!

Have you actually seen the red seats? Not sure about them now

I have seen them, they look good. Thinking of switching to silver if honest.

my frozen white st was built on the 5th march gate relesed 13th been told today its being shipped eta dealer 30th so i will have to tax my zs for a week ahhh

Had to tax my car aswell for 6 months, ran out in February :( def claiming it back tho

Mot is due in a few weeks, fingers crossed the new car will be here before that

I have seen them, they look good. Thinking of switching to silver if honest.

Do you know any sites to have a look at the red seats? Ones I seen might not be the right ones

Not seen any other than on here;

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41606-new-zetec-s-this-saturday/

Saw some in person the other day at the agents. Might pop in tomorrow to see if I can either change my body work to silver or red if I don't have a build date yet, getting a bit silly >.<

did you find out what was going on with the bulid date?

just reading this post and i am well gutted only just orderd my tittanium x in black last week at this rate i wont have it till july dealer told me i should have it next month.

Not had a call back off the dealer, going to go in tomorrow morning. Trouble is now, there's tons of red ones coming in, which was my second option >.<

Red is nice but like you said there's loads! Almost everyone ive seen is red!

Ive some good news today, phoned the dealer and the car is in Dublin. Be here by the weekend!

Light at the end of the tunnel!

just reading this post and i am well gutted only just orderd my tittanium x in black last week at this rate i wont have it till july dealer told me i should have it next month.

I think the major delay is only with the white Zs due to the paint problem, hopefully yours is ok!

• 2 weeks later...

So it came today! Check out instagram.com/jillianpx for pictures!

Looks lovely :D but I'm not a massive fan of the steering wheel cover

I just stuck that on for now, felt weird driving without one after driving with a thick leather one for so long lol

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, I'm new!

I ordered my Fiesta Titanium X 1.6 Powershift in Hot Magenta (Is a Motability car, but with no modifications), in April, and was given a delivery date of 26th June.

Then, I received a phone call from my dealer the other day, saying because it's Automatic (has to be for medical reasons), and my exact model is available in America, they are struggling to get hold of an Automatic gearbox!!! He said they have an estimated build date for end of this month, then it'll take 3 weeks to get here.

However after reading some of the posts on here (I realise these have mostly been about the Zetec S in White), I'm starting to get concerned that this is going to drag on for much longer than what they've told me... :(

Anyone else in a similar position?

Thanks guys!

Tracey x

I was told last week it was in Southampton port and would be here today, phoned today and no sign of it.

I know this is probably a bit out of date now, but the joys of only just joining the forum. Back in the end of January 2013 a large car carrier hit one of the linkspans in Southampton Eastern Docks rendering it useless and out of service for approximately 6 months (MCA report into the contact) and it is still not yet fully operational. This has had a huge knock on effect for the Port of Southampton as they only have a couple of linkspans for RoRo vessels and to take the fully automated hydraulic one out of service meant that a lot of ships were cancelled or re-routed. This (according to my friend who works for CPS Stevedores) is one of the major problems Ford is experiencing with importing of the new build Fiestas from Germany! Probably not what people want to hear but that's the way it goes!

I believe the linkspan is still out of service which is probably still having a knock on effect for deliveries.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I'm new!

I ordered my Fiesta Titanium X 1.6 Powershift in Hot Magenta (Is a Motability car, but with no modifications), in April, and was given a delivery date of 26th June.

Then, I received a phone call from my dealer the other day, saying because it's Automatic (has to be for medical reasons), and my exact model is available in America, they are struggling to get hold of an Automatic gearbox!!! He said they have an estimated build date for end of this month, then it'll take 3 weeks to get here.

However after reading some of the posts on here (I realise these have mostly been about the Zetec S in White), I'm starting to get concerned that this is going to drag on for much longer than what they've told me... :(

Anyone else in a similar position?

Thanks guys!

Tracey x

The white paint is no longer an issue, but the boxes are. Ford has always had a problem getting their auto boxes out, my parents ordered a Titanium X Galaxy a year ago, to end up cancelling due to an 'unforeseen delay' of up to 8 months... I know it's better now, but is still a pain. You're looking at 1 month + extra on your waiting time.

Has your car got a build date?

The white paint is no longer an issue, but the boxes are. Ford has always had a problem getting their auto boxes out, my parents ordered a Titanium X Galaxy a year ago, to end up cancelling due to an 'unforeseen delay' of up to 8 months... I know it's better now, but is still a pain. You're looking at 1 month + extra on your waiting time.

Has your car got a build date?

Hiya, my original build date was 26th June, but dealer said "There's a new estimated build date of the end of the month..." And he said it takes 3 weeks to get here...

I am seriously panicking now.... :'( I can't wait 8 months :'(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club