Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Love the new fiesta BUT

RIIIDAA

I love the new fiesta BUT things I find annoying with it include:

Cig lighter still powered up when car is off / locked (I need to change this if possible)

Ipod usb power still powered up when car is off / locked (I need to change this if possible)

Fuel filler cap not locked shut upon central lock (My megane convertible did)

sounds like you should of bought a megane!

Just think the fuel filler cap not locking invites crime, and was a bad decision on Fords part - the anti-siphon fuel entry is something that will help stop petrol thieves but not good on it's own. When you consider opportunist vandals, pranksters and arsonists.

Also is there no way of making the doors auto lock while driving?

yeah i see what u mean, but it seems ok, and its so much better looking without a key hole on it.

and about the locking, u can in settings i think, or well on the titanium u have a button to press to lock the doors while ur driving, but prob not auto as it would be considered unsafe to have doors auto locking while driving, as if in an accident its really hard to get back into car when the doors are locked etc.

It's 99.9% impossible to take fuel out of the tank due to the system Ford put in the filler cap. If anybody can take fuel out without ripping the car apart first, then i'll give them £1,000.

It's 99.9% impossible to take fuel out of the tank due to the system Ford put in the filler cap. If anybody can take fuel out without ripping the car apart first, then i'll give them £1,000.

Great, but absolutely nothing to do with the points I raised.

I'm concerned by this. So effectively, ford fiesta's without the petrol cap could be set fire to more easily than older fiestas?????

Or am i just listening to much and being blonde?!

How can somebody set fire to a fuel tank which has a system in the filling pipe before it even gets near the fuel in your tank? Your really worrying over nothing because any car is a target to people damaging them/setting on fire.

Nothing but the correct size of the fuel pump can get in the tank so how can anybody set it on fire? If your really worried about people doing that, then you must live in a bad area

Take a read about how the system works before slagging it off.

http://www.theengineer.co.uk/Articles/3066...uel+filling.htm

How very polite. I think "absolutely nothing to do with the points I raised" is a bit wrong

Just think the fuel filler cap not locking invites crime, and was a bad decision on Fords part - the anti-siphon fuel entry is something that will help stop petrol thieves but not good on it's own. When you consider opportunist vandals, pranksters and arsonists.

Also is there no way of making the doors auto lock while driving?

I'm concerned by this. So effectively, ford fiesta's without the petrol cap could be set fire to more easily than older fiestas?????

Or am i just listening to much and being blonde?!

This is my concern, albeit only a small one, vandalism is more likely.

How can somebody set fire to a fuel tank which has a system in the filling pipe before it even gets near the fuel in your tank? Your really worrying over nothing because any car is a target to people damaging them/setting on fire.

Nothing but the correct size of the fuel pump can get in the tank so how can anybody set it on fire? If your really worried about people doing that, then you must live in a bad area

Take a read about how the system works before slagging it off.

http://www.theengineer.co.uk/Articles/3066...uel+filling.htm

I wasn't slagging it off as such, I just think the hinged flap cover, which the fiesta has should lock on the central locking mehanism (not with a key). This not only adds another obstruction to a casual arsonist but makes it less of a target for mindless pillocks who vandalise cars they happen to walk or stagger passed, with the cover held shut on central locking they can't easily pop the cover to open position and then fold it back 'til it snaps off.

Regards misfueling and siphoning, it's all good, not denying that, but but just the other side of the anti misfueling mechism are the fuel vapors in the hose - call me paranoid but two obstructions are better than one cos mr nasty doesn't mind forcing things.

No I'm not 'really worried' about it. I don't live in a bad area, but the point of a car is to travel to other areas, some of which are :lol: to be honest it's a leased vehicle rather than a privately owned one - I won't lose sleep over it, it's just a small gripe.

How very polite. I think "absolutely nothing to do with the points I raised" is a bit wrong

The bold selection of text is what I meant there sussex, if it came across impolitely this was not the intention.

I drove a Renault Megane CC for the past 3 years, and it does have a similar easy entry system you just push the fuel gun into - people used to pass comment that they didn't like the idea of it, because it didnt have a lock, I used to say "The cover locks though, when the doors lock" and they used to accept that, this was a good way of settling that conversation.

Will have to think up a new one liner now :rolleyes:

My 04 honda accord had a fuel flap cover that had a pin that moved across when the central locking was activated. So why couldnt ford do this i wonder. I agree with some that it wouldnt take much to push something down the pipe, springs on the flap or not. Some people would just try it because they could.

My 04 honda accord had a fuel flap cover that had a pin that moved across when the central locking was activated. So why couldnt ford do this i wonder. I agree with some that it wouldnt take much to push something down the pipe, springs on the flap or not. Some people would just try it because they could.

Yeah mate, I think it was a cost cutting thing, I think that other fords have a centrally locked cover, based on a brief chin wag with the salesman - I do not know it for a fact though. I just think of the scene with Vinnie Jones in Gone in 60 seconds, and then think - sod it, it's insured... :lol:

Anyway, nothing can be done to change that. It was more an observation.

What about:

Cig lighter still powered up when car is off / locked

Ipod usb power still powered up when car is off / locked

I'd really rather this weren't the case, doubt it can be altered as a setting by the main dealer, but I'd go have them change this if possible.

What about:

I'd really rather this weren't the case, doubt it can be altered as a setting by the main dealer, but I'd go have them change this if possible.

There is no settings in the menu etc to turn this off im afraid.

on a side note its iPod :) not Ipod :ph34r:

Ben, that's you off his Christmas card list then :P

Yeah, I already checked that, I was stretching to the tiny possibility of dealer kit being able to do it. (doubtful)

You are quite right, and I usually do type it the TM way :) . I hope you also go around correcting everyone who refers to the bodykit as the 'Zetec S kit', when it's actually the 'Full dress-up' kit...

You are quite right, and I usually do type it the TM way :) . I hope you also go around correcting everyone who refers to the bodykit as the 'Zetec S kit', when it's actually the 'Full dress-up' kit...

Havent noticed but i will start :)

Best to ring your dealer to ask about it because i dont think anyone will know if its dealer end stuff.

I love the new fiesta BUT things I find annoying with it include:

Cig lighter still powered up when car is off / locked (I need to change this if possible)

Ipod usb power still powered up when car is off / locked (I need to change this if possible)

The Cigar lighter still powered up and the ipod usb power still powered up could be to do with the fact that both these would allow items to still be used /charged up whilst the cars ignition was switched off. ie if you needed your cellphone charged up to use it you could just stick it in the cigar lighter socket and use it rather than fire the car up just so you could use the phone. ( nowadays we're being told that if we're sitting in stationary traffic for a long time we should shut the engine down so having the power sockets 'live' all the time is a good idea )

What about:

Can I ask why these bother you, I'm seriously intrigued.

lol im intruiged too, these are minor things wish dont affect the running of the fiesta... i would advise u return the car or sell it and buy a toyota or something lol....

Can I ask why these bother you, I'm seriously intrigued.

usb - Can't leave iPod plugged in and hidden out of sight. Car battery drain when car left unused for an extended period of time might mean coming back to a flat battery?

cig - lighter, same reason as above, but with a-n-other external device.

Guys, these are listed as small annoyances, not on such an extreme scale to warrant getting rid of the car :rolleyes: I already stated I love the thing... Especially not for a Toyota!!! :lol:

You sure they dont go off when the car is locked?

Yep tried it with a neon light plugged into cig lighter, the light was still minging away.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club