Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Love the new fiesta BUT

RIIIDAA

Damn! Better take my iPod out then :)

I've not played guinea pig with it cos i use my fiesta for getting to work and dont wanna start a monday morning off like that lol. Maybe all weekend won't cause an issue but not worth risking it right now

usb - Can't leave iPod plugged in and hidden out of sight. Car battery drain when car left unused for an extended period of time might mean coming back to a flat battery?

cig - lighter, same reason as above, but with a-n-other external device.

Guys, these are listed as small annoyances, not on such an extreme scale to warrant getting rid of the car :rolleyes: I already stated I love the thing... Especially not for a Toyota!!! :lol:

I doubt an iPod will discharge the battery for a very long time. Anyway, my iPod, I use in my car, not the Fiesta, hibernates after 14hrs which conserves battery power and others go into sleep mode which is similar. Never had a problem and it's sometimes been in there for up to a week.

Personally, with a USB, there's not much need for an iPod anyway, you can get well over 100 albums on a 16GB stick and never have to worry about it, just leave it plugged in.

Already have 100s of iPods so no point spending more money on a 16GB stick, but agree if you dont have an iPod the stick is the best way!

Already have 100s of iPods so no point spending more money on a 16GB stick, but agree if you dont have an iPod the stick is the best way!

How many ears have you? ;)

believe me the power that an ipod uses will barely notice it on the car battery or even drain it, the ipod is clever in which it goes into hibernation when not used an when charged it will stop using power, clever little thing that ipod lol and ive had my car since november 08 and the ipod has been plugged into the usb since day 1 and never taken out as its well hidden an it means i dont have to worry about it, and the battery has never died! so must say something...

but yeah nothing to worry about, no ones going to steal an ipod as nearly every person has one already and no ones going to steal ur petrol as whats the points its cheap enough! lol

have fun motoring... or buy the car infront of u, which is prob a toyoto haha or something else and il give u cash for urs and some change hehehe

Anyway, nothing can be done to change that. It was more an observation.

What about:

Cig lighter still powered up when car is off / locked

Ipod usb power still powered up when car is off / locked

I'd really rather this weren't the case, doubt it can be altered as a setting by the main dealer, but I'd go have them change this if possible.

Mine's the same which is a bit of a pain as I have to remember to pull the phone charger out before I leave the car at work.

Not too bothered about the jack socket (unfortunately I didn't spec the usb--silly mistake) as I tend to burn all my mp3 tracks onto cd anyway.

That said, if that's all that we can find to complain about.........well...............I rest my case your honour! ;)

Ok, here's one for you....

HOW can you get the dash to skip along thru you phonebook when linked to the phone? One move per button press is quite a chore.

The power on my usb stick only stays on for about 5 mins once ive turned the ignition off then the power goes off. so i assume the power doesnt stay on all the time.

The power on my usb stick only stays on for about 5 mins once ive turned the ignition off then the power goes off. so i assume the power doesnt stay on all the time.

Right, I'm going to test some more :ph34r:

Ok, here's one for you....

HOW can you get the dash to skip along thru you phonebook when linked to the phone? One move per button press is quite a chore.

Agreed, but you can always use voice control but be sure to speak your commands clearly!

Back to you.......... ;)

• 1 month later...
What about:

Cig lighter still powered up when car is off / locked

Has anyone found out if its possible to change this?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club