Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do I Change My Car Or Not...

Mark M.K

Hi guys n girls,

My Fiesta is coming up to 3 years old in September and it's on Ford Options. I have 3 options, they are:

Pay the finance off (£5,200)

Part ex for a new car

Hand the car back and walk away.

But my trouble is, if i part ex the car for a new one - what do i get? I've been looking at a lot of car reviews and have come up with the following options:

Fiesta Titanium X (not a fan of the new looks)

Fiesta ST 2

Focus Titanum

VW Polo

Audi A1 S line 1.4 TFSI (122)

Peugeot 208

Peugeot 208 GTi

Peugeot RCZ

Renault clio

Renault sport clio

BMW 1 series

Mercedes A Class (new shape)

Or something else? I'm open to ideas from people, but i will NOT buy anything Vauxhall, so please keep that in mind. I'd consider any car costing no more than around £20,000.

If need be, i will keep my current Fiesta and wait till something new and exciting comes along - but at the moment not much seems to be around.

The New fiesta ST2 looks quite nice. Im not a fan of the New fiesta look either but the ST from grill looks alot better than the standard fiesta. Personally though the focus ST2 looks nicer and is more powerful and its not much more than the fiesta. Think its 23k for the focus. The New clios also pretty nice aswell realy comfortable :). My grandas got the New Focus titanium and he loves it. Id stick with fords but thats just me :)

The New golf gti's pretty nice aswell I have to say. If I was going to buy something non Ford I think thats what id go for

I'm in a similar situation to you Mark, and have looked briefly at all the cars you list along with a few others including the Megane renaultsport, Golf gti, Scirocco, and, dare I say it, the new V******* A**** VXR. The only car I'm really liking though is the new Focus ST, but one thing I can't help but think is that if you're spending 20k on a car surely you can get much more for your money than a Focus! Anyway, add the Focus ST to your list :D,

Are you set on going for new, or is used an option? 20k on something used could be a nice car!

BMW have been doing some good incentives on new Z4's recently when taken on the same sort of PCP finance you already have. The deals may be getting thinner on the ground now as spring (supposedly) approaches though.

Up to 9k off list price for the sdrive20i models. If you go easy on the options list you could get into one for neglegible deposit and around £350pm over 3 years. Factory order cars which you can spec as you like.

An example which will certainly be improved upon by a bit of haggling:

http://www.sytner.co.uk/bmw/new-cars/new-car-offers/q1-2013-z4-sdrive20i-roadster-msport-299-per-month-select-finance.aspx

If a 2 seater isnt for you, I'd wait and see what the new Renaultsport Clio is like before you make any decisions.

If you don't mind a used car focus rs is we're I would be there starting to drop below to 20k mark

personally id go for the fiesta ST (new shape) or the new clio, like previously stated wait to see what the renault sport looks like maybe - i got a feeling that may be really good going on what the new clio looks like now

BMW have been doing some good incentives on new Z4's recently when taken on the same sort of PCP finance you already have. The deals may be getting thinner on the ground now as spring (supposedly) approaches though.

Up to 9k off list price for the sdrive20i models. If you go easy on the options list you could get into one for neglegible deposit and around £350pm over 3 years. Factory order cars which you can spec as you like.

An example which will certainly be improved upon by a bit of haggling:

http://www.sytner.co.uk/bmw/new-cars/new-car-offers/q1-2013-z4-sdrive20i-roadster-msport-299-per-month-select-finance.aspx

If a 2 seater isnt for you, I'd wait and see what the new Renaultsport Clio is like before you make any decisions.

Interesting, Thats not a car i've really looked at because of the cost of them, but that offer is very good.

Are you looking ofr a family car or just for you Mark?

It's good that you can sit back and have a wide choice , resale value's always come into play when i'm looking , probably why i go for the safe options with Ford.

ST2

Focus Titainium

Fiesta ST.

Would be my first choice's

Do you have to or particularly want to buy new? I bought my Fiesta new, but went for a 3 month old car when I bought my Focus. Meant I got it for around £4k under list price, but it was the current registration.

Interesting list of cars you have there. I am of course a Ford fan, so would keep all those on the list, perhaps even look at a few-month old Focus ST2/3 if you can find a good one, you could probably get a good deal on some late 62 plates if you can live with it!

New A-Class is worth a look, though I would have thought the options on those are expensive with the more basic models being pretty spartan. Also could try the new Audi A3, they are pretty smart.

I work for Peugeot, and would dismiss a normal 208 if I were you, it's not as nice to drive as a Fiesta and you'll be disappointed, plus the dash layout isn't particularly nice. The GTi is worth a look, I'm due to drive one soon so will let you know what I think. RCZ is a nice drive depending on the engine, and it looks like a more expensive car than it is! Recently been facelifted too and looks really mean in all black :P

If it were my money, I'd probably be tempted by the prestige of a Mercedes/BMW/Audi and go and have a look at the basic models, but then end up in the Ford dealer buying a fully specced Focus for the same money!

The car will be for myself, so i don't mind if it's got 2 or 4 seats.

Thanks for the idea's so far guys, you have put forward some very interesting ideas. I poped down to Audi to look at the A1 in person. Almost fell over at the cost of a fully specd S-line 1.4! Talking well over £20,000! Don't get all that much for the money either.

I would consider buying nearly new or brand new. I'm not so keen on buying a car what's older than my current car.

I keep going back to a Fiesta ST2, as the reviews are amazing but i just need to get my head around that new bumper :unsure: As much as i'd like a "premium" brand of car, it's the image the driver's get on the roads. Nobody would never let you out of junctions :lol:

Focus RS may be cheaper now, buy the insurance would be too high for myself so that type of car would be out the question. I'm getting quotes back on a Fiesta ST2 of around £500 a year.

Im stuck between

Fiesta st

Focus st

Megane renaultsport 265

Focus rs

So ive got stupid and then really stupid haha

Hmmmmmm......

Well, forget the brand new Clio RS as it ONLY comes with a flappy paddle gearbox and I am already reading reviews stating how it ruins the cars experience, most are stating it's no where near as good as the older Clio RS.

The 208 GTI is interesting, better equipped then the Fiesta but I don't like the red painting on the door arm rests etc, haven't read a conclusive review of it yet either, only drives of a test bed car and not a production model.

Gold GTI, the new one is nice but isn't it expensive? I would look at the new Leon Cupra once it's out as it's a Golf in disguise.

The Audi A1, WWAAAAYYYYY overpriced, much rather a Mini for a premium small hatch, have you thought of Mini Cooper S?

BMW 1 series, hmm, depends on specs I guess, same as the Z4, you need a 2 litre also really to enjoy it? Nice well built but I always remember looking at the 2009 1 series before I went to look at the Fiesta as they had a deal on the 1.6 sport, I thought it was well made, nice driving position, but the rear legroom and boot were an utter joke compared to the Fiesta and that was a 5 door 22 grand 1 series!, and I thought a grand for aircon was a bit much haha. But the new one I believe has better leg room now? Will give good residuals though.

I think the new A class Merc is really nice, something new fresh and different, I don't like the way the multimedia screen looks like it's been attached as an afterthought to the dash, not as integrated as BMW's, but it looks nice otherwise, you can also get an awesome bodykit on it!

And what about the new Audi A3? Not sure on pricing though?

Ford, well I would tell you a Fiesta ST2 every single day, great value, great to drive, every single review I've seen LOVES it, cheap to run, practical, Ford Sync could be good after a couple of updates.

I like the Focus ST too, I find it too big though but it will give you more power and toys. Don't know if it handles as well as the Fiesta ST?

Anyway I would think:

Fiesta ST2

BMW whatever

Merc A class

Mini

Seat Leon Cupra

208GTI if it's a good drive and you can live with it's crazy dashboard design.

And in regards to the Focus RS, unless you get it second hand it's not worth it I don't think as Ford have announced the new one, but I don't think it's gonna be cheap!

Heres the Clio RS for those interested:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/renault/clio-renaultsport/first-drives/renault-clio-renaultsport-200-turbo-first-drive-re

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club