Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ideas Of Mods For My Zetec S

wba1990

So thought I'd start a topic on the mods I am planning to do on my Fiesta Zetec S. Some are really simple such as gel overlays, but some I may need advise on the best places to get the parts I need.

So looking to get the following done done:

alloys refurbed and sprayed - poss grey

Gel overlays - unsure which colour but going to get them for the all the ford badges on the front, rear of vehicle, wheels and steering wheels, will also add the S badge poss to the steering wheel too

An arm rest - understand armster or boomerang are the best (are these easy to fit?)

Phone holder in the right corner

LED lights in footwells - could somebody advise how to find the socket if I already have the space for these in the car and if not how to install them

Decal along the side of the car - unsure as to what colour suits black, thinking poss white or grey which would match the alloys I plan on getting sprayed

Wind deflector - are these the best ones http://www.climairuk.com/product.php?productid=3058&cat=0&page=1

That's all I can think of now, I'm open to any ideas you more experienced people may have too :)

gun metal grey would look good for your alloys on a black car.

with the gel overlays, how do you feel about carbon? on a black motor i think they look a bit mean/aggressive

concerning the bulb sockets, i'm assuming they should be in a similar location to on the focus?

in which case you should be looking out for summin like this

DSCN0836-1.jpg

and concerning the decals, grey stripes would look great as you say if you went for the grey alloys to match

as for the wind deflectors, climair and team heko are the main 2 contenders. i've got the heko's on my focus

Check my guide for footwell lights here: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/35182-guide-wiring-the-foot-well-lights/

Also check my other guides for possible ideas for future mods.

I am currently working on something else which I will reveal shortly so stay tuned!

gun metal grey would look good for your alloys on a black car.

with the gel overlays, how do you feel about carbon? on a black motor i think they look a bit mean/aggressive

concerning the bulb sockets, i'm assuming they should be in a similar location to on the focus?

in which case you should be looking out for summin like this

DSCN0836-1.jpg

and concerning the decals, grey stripes would look great as you say if you went for the grey alloys to match

as for the wind deflectors, climair and team heko are the main 2 contenders. i've got the heko's on my focus

The carbon would be a god idea as it appear to have black and grey which would go with the alloys and decal - do you have to tell your insurer about having a decal on the car?

I will look for the bulb space now, where about is it, like is it down the steering collom or over one of the pedals or to the side

Passenger side: behind the right hand hinge for glovebox

30w3480.jpg

Drivers side: halfway between brake & clutch, straight up

epoc3.jpg

Do you have to remove anything such as glove box or or the cover between the pedals or can u see it without removing anything

Just stick your head in the footwell n have a look around mate, dont need to remove anything

The climair wind deflectors are usually fairly decent. With you having a black car id either go for orange or lime green decals like badges, calipers etc. Id get the wheel done black or gun metal grey and the calipers will show up better :) could also go with green or orange "go faster" stripes along the side of the car or maybe along the roof and add and extra 10 BHP :lol:

Thanks for the replys, will have a look tomorrow if the space is there, hope it is but get a feeling it wont be

if you don't have them then its not the end of the world as they are very easy to wire in yourself and can be done for about 10quid. theres a few guides on the forums on how to do this but basically all you do is wire in the bulb holders, run a wire up the pillar n tap into the courtesy light feed.

while your at it you could always wire in some rear footwell lighting also

luckily as my focus is a ghia model it came with front footwell lighting as standard, but i used a guide on here to wire in rear footwell lighting also with great results

Would you say anybody could do it, I'm not great with electrics and wouldn't want to damage anything lol

Yes mate its very easy to do and no knowledge of electrics is required

when i first got my car it was completely stock n i didnt know anything about mods n the first thing i've ever wired is my rear footwell lighting

I've sinse also wired in ignition barrel lighting, a second boot light, a new 3rd brakelight, a second reverse light as well as wing mirror repeaters.

Its all very easy and if you was to look through the many pages of my build thread you'd see the amount of mods i've carried out all by myself since joining the forums

The forums is a dangerous place for your bank account thats for sure ;) so much inspiration floating about

And if you ever get stuck theres a wealth of helpful people about only too happy to offer up advice so all you have to do is ask :)

Oh right cheers for the advice. Hopefully I should be able to fit myself if i have a guide

I'm on the forums on my phone at the minute wihich makes searching for topics hard, but if you find any posts by the moderator Lenny you'll see a guide to wiring in footwell lighting as well as rear footwell lighting in the list of guides in his signature.

I think a fiesta owner may have also written a guide on it too.

Oh right cheers for the advice. Hopefully I should be able to fit myself if i have a guide

Erm... I gave you a link to a guide in post #3 of this thread.

Erm... I gave you a link to a guide in post #3 of this thread.

I know mate, I wasn't asking for another one was just saying I will hopefully be able to fit it myself by following a guide

I got overlays on my car (mines is the red fiesta) I got the red + chrome overlay from DMB Graphics http://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/1901/fiesta-mk7-facelift-2012-gel-overlays#colours

It looked good at first, and close up it blends in well, but from a distance all you see is the big chrome circle...
so I'm not sure on it just now.

I also got my Wind deflectors too (both yesterday!

I must say, the wind deflectors look so much betteR (I got the climair ones, but paid £45 from a ford dealer for them)
Easy to fit and really do make a difference!

Downside is your blind spot is larger (it looks weird cause it's tinted and a curved plastic so warps the shape of anything when looking out them) but you get used to it fairly quickly.

I also bought new mud guards (blank un-branded, but planning on buying OEM ford ones) not fitted yet.

Take it from these pics I don't have space for the LED's :(

post-35033-0-85074000-1363879296_thumb.j

post-35033-0-09091500-1363879340_thumb.j