Share Your Car Experience
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

Urbie

Wierd Window problem on 2005 focus ghia

4 posts in this topic

Hi I recently had an altenator replaced on my 2005 focus ghia. Before I had the problem I was able to push down on the window button and it went all the way down, then pull up and it came all the way up itself. Now, since I had the altenator replaced only the drivers window works like this, the others do no come up by them self. Could this be a simple reset issue. If so can someone tell me if this can be done or do I have to a dealer.

Yep this is common and should happen when the battery/ alternator are disconnected ! Fully lower the window and hold onto switch until it stops and then immediatly hold all the way to the top until the switch stops , this resets the logic in the window micro switches and effectively re trains the window to operate as nornal , if it doesnt work the first time repeat it 3x !

Hope this helps

As stated the windows need retraining. Push the button for down and hold it for 5 secs after the windows open. Close the window then hold the up button for 5 more seconds. Repeat for all windows using the controls on the drivers door.

Thanks guys for the post. I appologise for not replying sooner but I had computer problems too....

Theproblem was solved the next day.

Thanks again