• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Flame Mk6
  • Year: 2004

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Hi,

I already own the original Samsung galaxy tab 10.1, but its come to the time of year where i need to replenish my gadget armory  im wondering if any of you guys have either and what you think of them, i will be using it for sky go and a few other little tasks and probably sharing it with other family members.

thanks 

Nathan

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,098 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

Nexus 7 , is pure Android , i have seen loads of good reviews. Ipad mini , is lacking in screen compared to its bigger brother , plus it's Apple ! haha

#3 Nathan_M

Nathan_M

Too much time on the boards

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Nexus 7 , is pure Android , i have seen loads of good reviews. Ipad mini , is lacking in screen compared to its bigger brother , plus it's Apple ! haha

Yeh i normally have a weird kind of hate of apple, i have always had iPod touches and that has led me into buying films and TV shows from there store, and while i would love to save the money on the nexus i cant for some reason see it being as good as they say, i have found that BBC iplayer and sky go have a poor quality on android devices while on ios it is really clear, but the mini is about £80 more and is a mere shadow in the specification battle. Im an android warrior but im fed up with poor developers creating !Removed! apps on android.  

#4 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,401 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

i bought my Missus a nexus 7 n she really rates it. reckons it would of been better if it had a camera on the back though

#5 alexp999

alexp999

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,572 posts
  • Name: Alex
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 TDCi 163PS Titanium X
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

Nexus 7 all the way, the only reason I don't have one, is that I can't justify needing a 5" phone AND a tablet :lol:

#6 Nathan_M

Nathan_M

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Thats the thing, im as tight as anybody's but i just love new gadgets and toys i suppose, as i said i already have a 10 inch Samsung tablet but i find it hellish trying to carry it around and transport, i just got my mobile upgrade and chose the Sony Xperia T, that's great but its kind of an in the middle size now, between the 10 inch and the 7, im just not sure, to suppress my need for a purchase i went down the shops and brought myself a Far Cry 3. Its the apps that tempt me to spend more, the sky sports app looks great on Ipad while the android version is naff, i think android deserves more in depth work from developers now its kind of boring. HATE APPLE!!!!!!

Tell you what else we need an FOC app, that would be proper. 

#7 Marcr1

Marcr1

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Name: Marc
  • Ford Model: Audi A3
  • Year: 2014

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

I have a Nexus 7 and my gf has a Ipad.

Up until I had my Nexus for christmas I wouldn't touch anything unless it was Apple but in all honesty I much prefer my Nexus now. Can do nothing but highly recommend it and its a fair bit cheaper than the iPad mini

#8 Nathan_M

Nathan_M

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

Hope nobody from apple looks in here its turning into the Nexus 7 show, what battery life are you lot getting, my mate has one and says it goes flat in 4 hours with load.

#9 redrum217uk

redrum217uk

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2011

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

Go for the Nexus 7, if you haven't already bought it, they are rumored to be refreshing it in June or July (might get announced at Google Conference tomorrow)

If you have got one, then its a really good tablet!

#10 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 13,956 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

I have the Tab II 7.0 and it's epic, just the right size to watch videos and read Kindle books on.

Battery life is very good too.

#11 Nathan_M

Nathan_M

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

I have the Tab II 7.0 and it's epic, just the right size to watch videos and read Kindle books on.

Battery life is very good too.

The new note 8.0 has thrown a great old spanner in the works, im struck now between either replacing my 10 inc-her all together or getting something small to take to work and around with me, its a fair old list i can rattle off

• nexus 7 3g
  • nexus 10
  • surface rt
  • note 10.1
  • note8.0
  • ipad mini 

i really cant decide, im also stuck between either building myself a pc or buying a new laptop, im awful with money i can save and save until i get to the point where i must buy something, and then i tight so its a difficult job, or i could just scrap all of those and save up for a fiesta ST500, or new fiesta. desicions decisions, pole position is the note 8 i think, thanks for the responses this far.

#12 ff7oli

ff7oli

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Oli
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2008

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

Ipad Mini in my opinion.

or even better Ipad retina.

I always make the mistake of not buying the best thing possible and then regretting not spending the extra money.

I bought an Ipad retina a few months ago and now I wish I had bought a Macbook Pro instead. 

#13 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 14,714 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

I love the Nexus 7, I have the 16gb version and I got it free :D took out a contract that was only £3 more a month than I was spending on topups, so for about £70 more than I was paying for PAYG over two years, I got a free £60 phone and the Nexus 7 (about £125?) I love it.

The android apps are all flexible, the games play really well, the screen is big enough but not too big, extremely responsive and just an excellent piece of kit! I don't regret for one second getting it!

#14 Nathan_M

Nathan_M

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

A bloke at work has a nexus 10 though and i have to admit it has that ipad feel to it, looks really thin aswell, might go for one of them when i have sorted my Air con out.

#15 Nathan_M

Nathan_M

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

Right i pulled the trigger earlier on, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, i will report back in later days with an opinion.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users