Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Sport Burning Oil

patey24

Hi all. New to the forum.

My 2006 focus sport 1.8 petrol just failed a MOT today on emissions. It has been using a lot of oil recently but I thought that was due to a leaky rocker cover gasket. There is a lot of light blueish smoke from the exhaust once warmed up. So I'm guessing its burning oil, anyone know what could course this. My thoughts are head gasket but I hope not as I know that's a big job and my warranty from M53 Ford doesn't cover gaskets (typical !!!).

Thanks for the help.

post-41943-0-10747600-1363808248_thumb.j

Unless there is oil and water mixing, I doubt it will be the head gasket. What is the mileage?

It sounds like worn piston rings or valve seals are more likely the cause.

If its still under warranty I would take it back to the dealer and show them the failure sheet and get them to put it right.

Cars done 61,000. Hopefully going into garage tomorrow. Warranty runs out in may. I just know what theses warrantys are like sometimes. Thanks for the reply

The engine shouldn't be burning oil like that on that mileage. If its got full history it sounds iffy to me. Hopefully they will sort it without any issues.