• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: 2006 Ford Fusion 1.6 '+'
  • Year: 2006

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Hi guys,

Apologies for the number of topics posted... just a couple of little niggles I'm sorting out on the motor.

My new Fusion.... shifts beautifully but today I noticed (just after I'd had my wheels balanced) that it was a bit hard and clunked in to reverse from 'P'. I put it down to being parked on an incline. But checked it a few times since and it's hit and miss as to whether it does it or not. Any ideas?

A quick Google check and it seems the shift cable could be having some trouble, whether it needs replacing or lubing up. I was under the car yesterday having a nose around and saw this going to the transmission (this is a pic pinched from Google...

Is this what I need to lube up. If so I have lithium and copper grease. I don't have any ''normal'' axel grease. Will this be ok? And do I just lube up the whole assembly?

Any help guys would be great  thumbsup.gif

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 The Bear

The Bear

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: 2006 Ford Fusion 1.6 '+'
  • Year: 2006

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

hi guys,

right you can all ignore this as I've fixed the problem lol

I played about with changing gears. it seems I've not been putting my foot firmly enough on the brake when I shift. as soon as I do this the gear selector slides straight in with no resistance at all :) I thin my old car doesn't need the brake to be depressed that much but this one does... i'm thinking something is engaged to free the gears to move... and I just needed to be a bit firmer ;)

#3 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,107 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

Fords work on the premise that the brake lights have to be illuminated before the gear shift lock will disengage.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users