Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1St Oil Change?

Avenger1978

im doing a full service this weekend like to do that when i buy a car, so which oil is best for the tdci 130? i am thinking Castrol Magnatec 5w30 A1 Ford or is their any better out there to go with this engine thanks

Im interested in this too how much oil is needed is the filter a canister or a pop in cardboard job? Is there any do,s/ dont,s do these need the crank angle sensor disconnecting i only ask as i used too on the turbo legacy

That oil is fine.

@Maddogpro - I think it's 6 litres, and it's a cartridge filter which you need a 36mm 'special socket' for (one with the corners cut out to prevent rounding) - it's a Laser 3491 or equivalent.

Simple job, no need to touch anything other than the filler cap, dipstick, sump plug and filter.

I've always stuck to using Ford oil in my last four cars. It's not expensive and is good quality too. Quick look on eBay will find you 6 litres for about £25

whatever you do,DONT try and remove the end without the 36mm socket. you'll end up buggering the plastic nut.I nearly ruined mines,& that was just with one slip. 5.8ltrs mine took

whatever you do,DONT try and remove the end without the 36mm socket. you'll end up buggering the plastic nut.I nearly ruined mines,& that was just with one slip. 5.8ltrs mine took

Plus, it isn't actually a nut, per se, it's a nut-shaped bit of plastic that's part of the filter casing. If you wreck the nut, you need to replace the whole casing.

Thankyou i have 36mm sockets so will give it a gentle go

Thankyou i have 36mm sockets so will give it a gentle go

If they aren't the ones with corner cut-outs, then for the love of sanity - don't!

The casing will be on there !Removed! tight (I needed an 18" breaker on mine - could not budge it with a standard ratchet), and in all seriousness you stand more than a fair chance of wrecking it without the correct tools.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club