Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

bullz712

Brake lights help urgently needed

4 posts in this topic

hi everyoen and thanks for letting me join

i have just bought a ford focus and come across a fualt with the brake lights .. they keep blowing the fuse i have replaced the brake lights swith now if i dont put the switch on the fuse doesnt blow as soon as i connect the switch the fuse blows i even tried using a piece of wire but as soon as i connected it the fuse blew...

any ideas everyone please i would be very gratefull...

thank you

Darren

hi everyoen and thanks for letting me join

i have just bought a ford focus and come across a fualt with the brake lights .. they keep blowing the fuse i have replaced the brake lights swith now if i dont put the switch on the fuse doesnt blow as soon as i connect the switch the fuse blows i even tried using a piece of wire but as soon as i connected it the fuse blew...

any ideas everyone please i would be very gratefull...

thank you

Darren

Sounds like a problem i have had before, did you by any chance buy your bulbs from the most reputable car center ? Think the bulbs are twin element 380's ? take the bulbs out and see if the 2 elements are touching on the inside of the bulb, this creates a short and blows the fuse. Best idea is to change both bulbs and see if this works !

Regards John

as said above, i would take the bulbs out then turn the lights onand see if the fuse blows, if not refit the bulbs one at a time until you can eliminate the culprit