Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

artscot79

Focus Mk2 Coil Pack Replacement

29 posts in this topic

you know mate for the life of me i can't remember :blink:

its a fair few months back now that i had my door cards n b pillars off

i'm sure someone must know the answer though, how come you need to know anyway?

Passenger side rear speakers caput and i really cant be bothered taking the door cards off and drilling out rivets etc so i was gonna extend the wires from the passenger and driver footwells to the rear and stick a set in the parcel shelf no biggie ill just pop the stereo back out again

Can anyone please help me I'm female and know nothing about cars and what Im actually on about!! I have a 1998 Ford Focus and a few days ago started to judder, lose power and engine smelt terrible driving back home. My dad thought it was the coil pack as cylinders 1 & 4 wasn't working, so I went and got a new coil pack, that was fitted and still 1&4 not working. He had a small code reader that was plugged in under the steering wheel and the cod PO351 came up. Anyone know what to try next?

thats a signal fault from the coil pack wiring plug it was common on that year and needs the wiring checked as it was prone to splits ford actually sell a new piece of wiring to repair the broken ones also cheap coil packs dont work on the focus genuine ford ones give less hassle also you should change plugs and leads as a faulty coil will damage the leads so you put a new coil in and the leads cause another misfire and ruin the coil pack again did he clear the original code first as well if he didnt then the car thinks its still misfiring try clearing the fault and see if it comes back first