Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nothing But Problems With Streetka

katbh

Hi

I'm new to this site and wondered if anyone else has experienced any problems with their Streetka like me. I bought my 03 Streetka last July and was over the moon with it although I did have to take it back to the garage to have some jobs done on it which were supposed to have been done before I picked it up. Anyway when I got it back it was fine up until about 4 months ago, since then the passenger door handle broke, then I cracked the back screen when I decided to take my roof down in the cold weather. Then I drove 200 miles only for the engine to cut out 1/4 mile from my house. The AA rescued me and diagnosed a faulty crank sensor. I have since had the handle replaced on the passenger door and am waiting to get the other repairs done. I now have other problems, my boot has decided to play up and only opens with the remote when it feels like it. When I tap the inside of the boot where I believe the solenoid to be then it starts working again for a while. There is quite a large gap between the drivers side back light and the bumper which concerns me as when it rains the water could get in there very easily. Also I've noticed that since this problem that the interior light doesn't always come on when I open the doors. Also my brakes have started making a clonking noise when I brake and also the car seems to vibrate slightly before the car has stopped stationary. I love my car but am so upset that I keep having problems with it. Has anyone else had similar problems? Especially with regards to the brakes. Any advise would be welcome.

• 1 year later...

I feel your pain! I picked up my 2005 Streetka in October 2012 and, like you, was over the moon with her. (I've wanted one since I started driving in 2003!) However, 3 weeks after picking her up, I cracked the rear wind screen putting the roof down in cold weather and spent £185 getting that fixed.

I had no problems for ages, then my engine management light came on, took her to the garage and ended up with a £600 bill to replace the catalytic converter sensor and the broken brake pipe and replace all four tyres.

Had no problems for ages, passed my mot with no problems then took on a pot hole at speed. £200 bill to fix the alloy and replace the tyre.

Again, had no problems for ages until the engine started overheating. £86 bill to replace the thermostat.

So far, I've spent about £1000 keeping her on the road (without the horrendous Road tax!!) but she's an older car, so we should expect a few issues. In a few years she'll be a "classic" and, quite frankly, you can't beat the feeling of driving around with the top down on a sunny day. I plan to keep mine for as long as possible but hopefully with less problems!!! Hope you get your issues fixed soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes very fragile. Not a car to be kept outside and just left but needs to be garaged and given attention. As you say a future classic but expensive to run and keep maintained. It's why we got rid of ours but they are fun cars when they are running right.

Hi

I'm new to this site and wondered if anyone else has experienced any problems with their Streetka like me. I bought my 03 Streetka last July and was over the moon with it although I did have to take it back to the garage to have some jobs done on it which were supposed to have been done before I picked it up. Anyway when I got it back it was fine up until about 4 months ago, since then the passenger door handle broke, then I cracked the back screen when I decided to take my roof down in the cold weather. Then I drove 200 miles only for the engine to cut out 1/4 mile from my house. The AA rescued me and diagnosed a faulty crank sensor. I have since had the handle replaced on the passenger door and am waiting to get the other repairs done. I now have other problems, my boot has decided to play up and only opens with the remote when it feels like it. When I tap the inside of the boot where I believe the solenoid to be then it starts working again for a while. There is quite a large gap between the drivers side back light and the bumper which concerns me as when it rains the water could get in there very easily. Also I've noticed that since this problem that the interior light doesn't always come on when I open the doors. Also my brakes have started making a clonking noise when I brake and also the car seems to vibrate slightly before the car has stopped stationary. I love my car but am so upset that I keep having problems with it. Has anyone else had similar problems? Especially with regards to the brakes. Any advise would be welcome.

Hi,

I'd try and eliminate causes for the clunking noise. Few things I can think of -

Brake pads, could be loose or worn

Brake disks, could be damaged

Suspension might be 'clunking' rather than the brakes

Keep us informed if you find anything! :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club