Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

mrtickle666

Parking Sensors Faulty.

8 posts in this topic

The factory fitted reverse park sensors on my mk2 focus are a faulty. I long continuous tone for about 2 mins the cuts off.

anyway, I can get some mark 3 ones cheap. Are they the same or off different will they fit?

Put the car in reverse, don't start it. Turn the key to the first point (or press the start button without pressing the clutch). Get out and go and listen to the sensors. They should be clicking (you have to put your ear right next to them). The one that isn't clicking is faulty. The sensors are about £45 each for Frauds

Hi, thanks, I've identified the faulty one. Ford want £80, complete ripoff. I can get some off mk3 cheap, are they the same sensors goes anyone know?

Hi, thanks, I've identified the faulty one. Ford want £80, complete ripoff. I can get some off mk3 cheap, are they the same sensors goes anyone know?

£80 for 1 sensor? I paid £45 less than 2 months ago

Ring another dealer

They are £67 plus vat and postage there! The mk2 seem to be double the price of mk3's

Ebay will be a good place to look im not sure if they are the same as the mk3 or not usually ford use the same parts

ford use x vision parking sensors systems, if you can confirm this by looking at the control box you may be able to get a matching sensor from another company that deal with x vision.