Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Future Car Features

DanGersFord

What kind of features/gizmos would you like to see on future fords? What would make yiur driving experience more enjoyable or simpler?

This might sound daft but id like to see cars with built in satnavs have auto indicators that save you havin to flick them on when following a route :) also itd be good if for example you know its going to be frosty the next morning when you get up for work you could set a timer for your heated windscreen to come on to clear your screen before you've even found your car keys :) lol

Sat-nav that has directional arrows and read-outs on the dials

Button on the key fob for heated front screen would be a viable option on your idea

High-beam assist (possibly as a pack for Xenon's, with it being a lower cost option for Titanium and above)

Xenon headlights #

Auto-locking doors when setting off *

Tinted wing mirrors (for the auto headlights, wipers and dimming mirror option)

Blind spot assist

One-touch passenger window operation *

Basically these for the Fiesta, can't really comment on other vehicles. Asterisks I feel should be standard Zetec and above, with hash-tags being for Titanium and Titanium X; would make very tasty additions. Obviously do the lot as optional extra's as Zetec and above really.

Not out either really, I mean Suzuki Swift's come with the Xenon's as standard, the doors and window operation to me should be on the car, with the blind spot assist being part of the pack with the auto-braking and such. The sat nav thing would be great, as I was recently driving an A4 speced out to the top level and it had this with the sat nav, made for such a great driving experience with the sat nav.

You know what would be a great feature in regards to your blind spot problem-if they made windcreens the same as the curved windscreens on Lego cars :lol: just get rid of the A pillar all together lol (see picture)

post-37948-0-75948700-1363987163_thumb.j

I seen a car on topgear with an infrared camera integrated into the instrument cluster which allowed you to see miles further in front than just using headlights which I was pretty impressed with

TBH, i dont think the automatic indicators are a good idea

..people are already too much robot drivers, i admit that when im on an early start i often get places and wonder how id even got there!! ..things that make to switch off even further can only be worse

plus it would mean if you were over riding the directions other road users would have no idea

..i think the automatic windscreen is a great idea though!

similar to aiding bad weather starts would be a 'run lock' type thing (dont know if the coppers on here have it on there cars, but on my dads old police bike it had run lock, meaning you could have engine going for lights and things, but if anyone ran over and tried to put it in gear it just cut out)

that would be good for if you were defrosting and going back in side :)

Just imagine not even having to go outside to do it though you could have an extra 5 minutes in the house enjoyin a nice warm cuppa which would usually be spent out in the freezing cold scraping your screen lol you just set the time the night before an it automatically comes on in the morning without you having to do anything. Just like setting your timer on your heating

Fair point about the automatic indicators though I suppose it would be confusing if you decided to go a different way and it was indicating to turn.

anything that makes getting ready and out easier is great. but helping people be even comfier in a warm, comfortable, quiet car when theyre already possibly half asleep is dangerous i think.

I would also like to see DAB radio being more standard :)

To be honest with them on about changing radio signals from analogue to digital by 2020 they should be fitting DAB radios as standard anyway by now :/ seems a bit daft but I supposebits a way for them to make money when the switch over finally happens

Also im not on about heating the car aswell just deicing the windscreen :)

1. Heated Steering wheel

Anti Wife Starting

Engine Cut out when key is not in the car

Remote shutdown (already inuse in USA) anti theft

Headsup screen infra red as mentioned above

Diagnostics via radio screen.

I think every thing that is a safety device should be made standard by law.

My one dream is to see my vehicle pull up outside for me and take me to where I want to go, then park itself waiting on my order to come and get me, then just sit back and let the miles run past.

I can but dream.

Love prees suggestions!! Heated wheel would be great!

Lol at the anti wife starting hahaha :lol: can just imagine the gf/wife: " I cant get the car to start" you go out and start the car no problem and let her try again "whats wring with you lol cant even startba car" haha

also itd be good if for example you know its going to be frosty the next morning when you get up for work you could set a timer for your heated windscreen to come on to clear your screen before you've even found your car keys :) lol

Remote engine start can be fitted to your existing car,

I had it in my previous motor was great for warming the car before work, just press the fob button and she's running,

Need to remember to set the fan to hot and windscreen the night before though.

I think fords should come with basic features then allow us to fit them ourselves,

I'll be lost next year with no mods to fit on the car,

Nitrous kits installed by the factory would be interesting,

Or methanol injection kits for diesel.

I would love the Remote start that would be great , start it via your phone perhaps , and allowing you to change all your settings so it's nice and cosy before you go out.

I would love to see Heads Up Displays become more common on cars, having common readouts on the screen, and also less analog dials and more digital. I have torque on my phone and its great having all the stats of the sensors etc, think that would be nice to have built into a system for the car.

Another good feature, for estate users that have kids. An extendable cover when you open the tailgate, to offer a good surface to keep you dry when putting buggies and shopping and such like.

Definitely heated steering wheel!

Some thing I'd like to see on more cars but do actually exist are the driver assistance pack: auto city stop especially.

I would also like to see every option on every trim level, not just on higher models. The run-lock idea seems good in theory, but I'm sure it won't catch on as it'd waste fuel. However, I agree that e.g a button for a heated windscreen that comes on without the engine would be viable.

• Like 1

Had a Corsa (sorry to use the c word) as a hire car it had a heated steering wheel and seats, was lovely on a freezing cold morning, can't remember which model it was on.

• 2 weeks later...

See the anti scuff plates for your door sills? Id quite like them where the Ford lettering illuminates when you open the door :)

See the anti scuff plates for your door sills? Id quite like them where the Ford lettering illuminates when you open the door :)

Ford sell them

http://www.ford-accessories.co.uk/productgrouplisting.htm?marketId=GB&languageId=en&modelId=7&categoryId=9&articleNameId=564

Ahh never realised. Only for the mk7 though I take it?

Not sure, had the ford link saved as I was thinking of getting some, mind they aren't cheap. Got some stainless "S" sills from Lockwoods in Leeds, they are really good, give them a call they might make you some, link below.

IMG_0111_zps2465a69e.jpg

http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/

• Like 1

Yeah they're pretty good I got my dial kit from there

I would love the Remote start that would be great , start it via your phone perhaps , and allowing you to change all your settings so it's nice and cosy before you go out.

I like the thought of remote start too! America gets it on alot of vehicles but I don't think it's legal to have a car engine running unattended here.

As for setting the climate via you phone, the Nissan Leaf I had for 24hrs could do this, as can the forthcoming Ford Focus Electric...

Paul :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club