Show
Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Got Ecoboost Fiesta With Deflation Detection ?

tyre deflation detection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fasty

fasty

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

I ordered my new Fiesta with Deflation Detection System (DDS), but I noticed that no related settings appeared in the "Vehicle Settings" menu.

The manual implies it should appear in "Vehicle Settings" so that you can reset it after changing tyre pressures.

Now, I suspect the reason it doesn't appear is that DDS software simply hasn't been properly enabled on my Fiesta (it doesn't need any extra hardware, it's done from the ABS sensors).

I wanted to be check with someone else just in case (for example) it only appears in the menu after a deflation has been triggered. Curious to know what other people see. Another odd thing is that the handbook shows a setting for "ESC" (Electronic Stability Control?) in the Vehicle Settings Menu, but that doesn't appear in my car either.

The dealer says they can't change the DDS easily and they need the car for TWO DAYS (yes!) to reload all the vehicle software...

Needless to say, I'm not unduly happy.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Loons

Loons

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S
Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

You in luck, I picked my new Fiesta up Earlier today (Fri) and the salesman set it up in front of me. It was very brief but from memory, he went into the settings in the menu and chose the option for it, as it was deactivated he had to activate it and held the button down while it memorised the pressures and then it was set. I can only describe it as being similar to storing a pre set radio station but do it in the main menu itself.

That help?

#3 hedgepig

hedgepig

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

I have DDS on my current car (Cooper S) and it works in a similar way...............just mulling over ordering a new ST2 with all the toys though!

#4 fasty

fasty

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

You in luck, I picked my new Fiesta up Earlier today (Fri) and the salesman set it up in front of me. It was very brief but from memory, he went into the settings in the menu and chose the option for it, as it was deactivated he had to activate it and held the button down while it memorised the pressures and then it was set. I can only describe it as being similar to storing a pre set radio station but do it in the main menu itself.

That help?

Yes, that's helpful thanks.

I was fairly sure that it should always appear as a menu item.

It helps me confirm what I ought to see (but don't...)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users