Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Got Ecoboost Fiesta With Deflation Detection ?

fasty

I ordered my new Fiesta with Deflation Detection System (DDS), but I noticed that no related settings appeared in the "Vehicle Settings" menu.

The manual implies it should appear in "Vehicle Settings" so that you can reset it after changing tyre pressures.

Now, I suspect the reason it doesn't appear is that DDS software simply hasn't been properly enabled on my Fiesta (it doesn't need any extra hardware, it's done from the ABS sensors).

I wanted to be check with someone else just in case (for example) it only appears in the menu after a deflation has been triggered. Curious to know what other people see. Another odd thing is that the handbook shows a setting for "ESC" (Electronic Stability Control?) in the Vehicle Settings Menu, but that doesn't appear in my car either.

The dealer says they can't change the DDS easily and they need the car for TWO DAYS (yes!) to reload all the vehicle software...

Needless to say, I'm not unduly happy.

You in luck, I picked my new Fiesta up Earlier today (Fri) and the salesman set it up in front of me. It was very brief but from memory, he went into the settings in the menu and chose the option for it, as it was deactivated he had to activate it and held the button down while it memorised the pressures and then it was set. I can only describe it as being similar to storing a pre set radio station but do it in the main menu itself.

That help?

I have DDS on my current car (Cooper S) and it works in a similar way...............just mulling over ordering a new ST2 with all the toys though!

You in luck, I picked my new Fiesta up Earlier today (Fri) and the salesman set it up in front of me. It was very brief but from memory, he went into the settings in the menu and chose the option for it, as it was deactivated he had to activate it and held the button down while it memorised the pressures and then it was set. I can only describe it as being similar to storing a pre set radio station but do it in the main menu itself.

That help?

Yes, that's helpful thanks.

I was fairly sure that it should always appear as a menu item.

It helps me confirm what I ought to see (but don't...)

• 4 years later...

I have just bought a 2014 Ecoboost Titanium X. Before I bought it I confirmed that It had DDS installed, it's build date is before the TPMS became the standard. Now I find it's not. I am unhappy at this and will be pursuing the dealer. As a Titanium X I would have thought it would have had this as standard.  I activated DDS on my previous car, a Mk2.5 Focus using EML Config through the OBD port. Took me less than 30 min. I find it hard to believe the dealer wants it for 2 days.  

Fasty Did you get this sorted?

so you have no menu for dds? enabling probably dependant on abs software. dealer should charge no more than an hour to alter the central car config. ( will only actualy take 10 mins)

I have a ecoboost  TITANIUM X which did not have deflation system . I added this to my car by adding the settings with in forscan. When I first added this I had lots of abs and active city stop errors but after a abs module reset all works perfect with deflation in the menu and just hold a button down to store the tyre settings.

• Like 1

Could you elaborate on the steps taken to achieve this? I am sure a walkthrough would be very appreciated by many of us. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm not having much success with the Ford dealer who sold me the car. Considerable book passing but no further forward. Could you possibly run through the Forscan set up to Activate DDS. My car already has Traction control and Hill start assist.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I had a look this morning after loading the extended license to activate DDS.

Not quite as straight forward as I thought it was but have completed it successfully Opening Forscan and navigating to config and programming > ABS. I went first to (as Built format) and saved the file. Back then to ABS module initialization. On opening this there was nothing there apart from relearn data etc. Bit confused now. Back to config and programming this time I opened IPC Central config main. Here I found ‘Tire pressure monitoring system’, ‘without monitoring system’. I highlighted this and double clicked. This opened an option box, clicked on DDS and the tick. Clicked on the Write box and the write backup and just followed the onscreen instructions, had a bit of flashing and ended up with ABS, traction control and tyre inflation warnings. I went back into ABS module Initialization and ran the relearn program. Warnings all gone just had to reset the DDS in the car menu. All now good. I have attached a few screen shots as a guide. The first two pictures are the before and after on the car menu. 

I would like to thank 540itouring for his help in this.

P1030388.JPG

P1030389.JPG

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (9).png

Screenshot (14).png

Screenshot (15).png

Screenshot (16).png

• Thanks 2

Thanks for that - really helpful.

Presumably you can now disable the feature with the in-car menu (ie not Forscan) if required? Do I recall reading the this a reasonably common thing to do, perhaps as a result of false alarms?* I might try enabling this for myself though as on the face of it it sounds a useful feature to have.

*Edit: Actually, I think now I may have been thinking of people disabling their TPMS due to sensor issues and that's obviously not relevant to this capability. 

I don't think this can be disabled using the in car menu. It's not like the other options that have a tick box. You would have to go though Forscan again.

Ah okay. It's probably not an issue given my earlier mix-up with TPMS. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club