Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8 Petrol Focus S Sluggish :/

SwansJasper

Hi again lol ive got a focus s 59 plate it seems very sluggish and seems nowhere near as powerful as it shud be i know its not a huge engine but still surely there should be some torque in the lower gears? Oh and the handling is horrendous lol seems to understeer all the time and trys to spin is this normal ? Sorry if ive confused you lol hope you can help

Hi again lol ive got a focus s 59 plate it seems very sluggish and seems nowhere near as powerful as it shud be i know its not a huge engine but still surely there should be some torque in the lower gears? Oh and the handling is horrendous lol seems to understeer all the time and trys to spin is this normal ? Sorry if ive confused you lol hope you can help

Hi, no worries, no, you have not confused me, i know exactly whats wrong - its the driver, - its not being driven right as it "shud" (should) be LOL :lol:

Tyres dont work properly under 7degrees so they wont be gripping the road and they may be over inflated they should be at cold 30psi front 2.0 bar and if just you in the car 31psi rear any higher they will slide instead of grip powerwise the 1.6 i have now is better than my old 1.8 i havent driven the newer one but its still the same engine renamed so i wouldnt expect that much from it since we cant drive it its hard to tell if its a concern have it checked out

Lol foca ;) so i aint confused you but you dont know whats wrong ? Lol

Well with the 1.8 theres a few things to check such as has it been serviced do the dash trick and see if theres any fault codes are there any dash lights illuminated hows the condition of the air filter you could have binding brakes which would explain it put the car on the flat out of gear handbrake off it should move easily with little force or jack it up and spin each wheel they should move freely is the hanbrake releasing properly simple stuff

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club