Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

minnis

Engine Systems Failure 1.6 Tdci

30 posts in this topic

I think the 110s all do, but don't quote me on that. And I also think some 90s might and some might not..

it is recommended to clean your DPF with a good run down the motorway keeping the car at 3k revs for 20-30mins as said previously.

If your in the tyne and wear area, i can probably set your car away to carry out a forced regen (the car wont move)

Dealers have kinda locked this down in terms of fixing...you can either:

- remove filter and get a good remap of car to take it out

- replace fluid yourself, take filter off and power wash it and get dealer/indy or IDS holder to reset counters

- go to dealers and spend ££££

but in terms of which engines i know PSA do not fit DPF's to the 90bhp engine but 110 and above does...being that ford use some PSA engines this may be true.

Dude the same problem to me , idk what to do . i'm afraid to travel long way coz it can cause troubles out there , !Removed! situation !

hi i have recently brought a focus 06 on a 06 plate tdci zetec 1.6 had the car since Friday 22nd may so just over a day and my engine system fault has come on heard a bang then lose of power managed to get home and was barely able to get up to speed i live near a few 70 mph roads as work daily use the roads to get to work the fan was still going when i got home for a round 2-3 mins after the engine had been off and keys taken out looked in the engine and when i rubbed down the inter cooler pipe the fan stopped have noticed a small plastic gromit pressed up against the pipe and there's a bit of rust but not willing to drive much till i can get a mechanic to look it over

please reply asap and no one say take car back as i have explored that option and all i got was contact warranty which is now closed till Tuesday and i have 3 days of work and no other car to use

I had the same carbon smell coming through the blowers and it turned out to be a blowing injector. There was a load of black carbon built up around the injector. I just cleaned it out removed the injector and replaced the injector seals. Got them from LEC for a few quid. Maybe in your case it was the DPF, I do give mine a hammering so the DPF doesn't tend to get clogged up so much.