Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's Snow Joke!

The Dark Knight

What a time to get rid of a Land Rover! High costs forced the change but in fairness, the fez coped admirably yesterday morning. The main roads were clear though so no challenging side streets and I live on a main road which helps. Took a good half an hour to shovel deep snow off the drive this morning though. Snow which I used to laugh at.

Coming down a little heavier again now and covering the fez again. Not back at work until Tuesday so the car is staying put. I just felt on edge driving my shiny new car in snow that I only collected last week.

Just for peace of mind and the fact that winter tyres help below +7C not just snow, I have my sights set on these beasts for next winter:

http://lovetyres.com/tyre/Continental-Winter-Contact-TS850/195-45-16

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/60712/continental-contiwintercontact-ts-850

Those are good tyres, drove them to Austria last week.

Fiestas are great in the snow you just need to know how to drive them properly lol.

Fiestas are great in the snow you just need to know how to drive them properly lol.

Oh I do, just new car jitters. I am good at driving in snow and never had a snow accident even before the days of Land Rover ownership. I had an ST once which performed ok too. The fact is though that sometimes the snow can be bad enough to a halt even a small FWD drive car like the fez which is ordinarily good in snow, no amount of skills can do what winter tyres can do. Also, anyone who says we hardly get any snow, should remember that these are winter tyres, not just snow tyres. They are far superior when temps reach +7C or below.

Also, no matter how good we drive, there might be an occasion (been there, done that) where someone messes up and I have to brake sharply. Again winter tyres achieve what skills and textbook driving cannot. I can comfortably afford the asking price for the aforementioned conti's for next winter so I will sit back and relax and maybe even wave as I go past the odd stranded 2WD car on normal tyres.

Check this video out:

Bit of handbrake round the odd turn :P

Got my Land Rover stuck just once today, such good fun :P I'm terrible with snow, I actually aim to get myself stuck, just to get the car out from whatever, to then end up trying to get it stuck once more, and usually failing at getting it stuck if honest. On private land/forest trails though, not going to mess the roads up for my own amusement :P

I have those exact tyres fitted now and they are brilliant still get the odd slip on ice but as long as you careful there's no problem at all had them on for months and love them

I had the TS800's on my Fiesta and they were amazing in the snow.

once youve got snow tyres on youll be still driving when the landy gets stuck :lol:

I got marangonis from kwikfit 2 years ago on a spare set of rims and ive never been stuck since

I had Avon Ranger Ice tyres on my Freelander 2. Now that truly was unstoppable in the snow we have had around here.

You English folk just dont know how to handle abit of snow ;) haha only jokin

I learnt to handle the snow by spinning the car around empty car parks late at night in my youth. Top floor of the multi-storey car park in Romford was the best as you could slalom between the lamp posts. This was OK until my mate stacked his car up there. I love driving in the snow.

I have not moved my car since Friday , coming home from work on Friday morning , although main roads were bad i did not get into problems until the bottom of my road , probably about 30 degrees what a nightmare to go 200 yards , took me an hour :(. It has not stopped snowing here in Shrops all weekend , although its very fine now and is said to be dying out by night time.