Avenger1978

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Name: mark
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Ghia x 130 diesel
  • Year: 2003

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

my farther is going to give me his pro-bitz chip tuning box but there is one problem he got it for his 08 mondeo diesel 140 bhp but i have a 03 mondeo tdci 130bhp so will it still work and does it have the same wires? just dont want to travel 50 miles to get if it will not work 

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,817 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

my farther is going to give me his pro-bitz chip tuning box but there is one problem he got it for his 08 mondeo diesel 140 bhp but i have a 03 mondeo tdci 130bhp so will it still work and does it have the same wires? just dont want to travel 50 miles to get if it will not work 

Thanks

Farther to get to your father - :)

Even if it phisically fits the plug/ sockets it will be set up for the mk4 (08) and not your mk3, so may cause exessive smoke, limp mode, or make no difference, so its a bit of a lottery (some are adjustable)

Just get him to send it in the post - (probably cheaper) - or wait 'till your going there anyway, and if it does not fit/ work sell it on (e-bay etc)

#3 Avenger1978

Avenger1978

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Name: mark
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Ghia x 130 diesel
  • Year: 2003

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

i think i will wait then to i go, i was just going to use it to go to the highlands tomorrow and see how much money i save in deisel if their work that way

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users